Gurseva Hub is up and running again!!!

Simran9

You need to connect using Active mode to be able to transfer from other users who are in Passive Mode. This is the mode which is used by most users on hubs because most high speed internet users have routers. Bascially to connect using active mode, you would need to forward a port to your computer's ip (not your router's ip) and then connect using that port. Check your router's manual to see how to do this. If this sounds confusing you can msg me on the hub. I'll probably sign on there tomorrow (if I remember tongue.gif ), either check up with the id Bhuchangee or SonofGuruGobindSinghJi.

thanks jio

i got into my netgear settings, an forwarded the port range of 6898-6900 TCP/UDP to ip of 192.168.0.2 ( iwasn sure wat to put so I just made the ip in the dc++ settings and the port foward settings the same)

then i went into dc++ changed to active mode typed 192.168.0.2 as IP and 6899 as Port

then clicked ok and reconnected to gurseva hub

but still am gettin connection time outs from servers such as [Gur]pyara, ((((())))), et al

gurfateh

Where you pust 192.169.0.2 in DC++ you actually need to put your router's current IP address which won't be starting with 192.168. Also, be sure you have actually assigned correct IP in the router configuration site. You can find out the IP of your computer by typing ipconfig in Windows XP run box from Start Up menu or winipconfig (I believe) for Windows 98.

You can find the IP of your router by going to http://www.whatismyipaddress.com

veer je are u sure it doesnt start with 192.168 ? when i type ip config in command propmt, it shows two ips as 192.168.0.3 and one as 255.something

when i entered my regular ip address from that site, it showed as 68.XX.XXX.XXX

when i entered that into my router settings it said the following:

"Server IP address must be a LAN IP address."

gurfateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

if u need to do port foward routing, u go into your router settings and foward it to you LAN ip

internet connection > WAN IP [68.xxx.xxx.xxx] > Router > Computer 1 > 192.168.0.1

Computer 2 > 192.168.0.2

Computer 3 > 192.168.0.3, which im guessin is you on what ip you gave us

the lan ip is the 192.168.0.3- thats what you have to enter along with the port you want fowarded

then it should work

if thats not th eproblem then just ignore my excessive talking blush.gif