Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaur 2

How can I stop my mind wandering whilst doing paath or naam abiyas?

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I am noticing how much my mind wanders whilst doing paath and naam abhiyas but no matter how many times I recollect it, it always wanders off again. I am starting to get a bit irritated with myself as I cannot focus and no matter how hard I try I simply cannot keep it focussed on the paath. Can someone please help as I really want to be able to focus on Naam and it is really difficult for me.

VJKK VJKF                       :waheguru:

5 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I am noticing how much my mind wanders whilst doing paath and naam abhiyas but no matter how many times I recollect it, it always wanders off again. I am starting to get a bit irritated with myself as I cannot focus and no matter how hard I try I simply cannot keep it focussed on the paath. Can someone please help as I really want to be able to focus on Naam and it is really difficult for me.

VJKK VJKF                       :waheguru:

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• The love-hate dynamic perhaps stems from different sides. The middle-class, liberal-leaning Indian who has a cosmopolitan outlook on history views the Mughal era as a natural and unavoidable part of history where countries are conquered, and the conquerors leave imprints of their own culture on the natives, and therefore it's not something that is particularly objectionable. But then you have the nationalist or religiously inclined who view the Mughal conquest as a personal affront; a matter of a foreign force imposing its culture and religion on a population through compulsion and barbarism in part. Someone in the middle would appreciate the cultural value of what Mughals contributed to India while still acknowledging their destructive practices in how they managed to imprint their presence on a people and its culture through conquest.
    • at that time ALL gurdwaraey used jot for lighting   , some punjabis are so dense ... It is more important to have nagara than shank anyhow . Brahmins did their utmost to reinstate their prejudical treatment of folks when they became willing MAHANTS under British raj   and also brought murtian of debtey (the ones that were brought into harmandir Sahib ended up in durgiana mandir I heard .) That is why Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh did morcha against the people running harmandir sahib preventing 'low caste ' sikhs from getting degh or giving degh for blessing. then you had Saka Nankana sahib and saka Guru ka Bagh .  They've been trying since time of Guru Nanak Dev ji to subvert our panth.
    • didn't the brahmins enslave the mulnivasis too and use their labour to build their temples too? this is the way of the world . The architecture was  not particular to the turks but actually adopted by them from the nation of Persia so what you see in Punjab's reaction  is just an appreciation of the artwork and skill of the kaligars  but shared history of trade .  Shah Jahan married Mumtaz's sister , Mumtaz died in childbirth 14th I think  she  was his second wife anyhow.
    • hiv aids was a zoonotic virus from green monkeys' kidneys used to incubate vaccine antibodies for the polio vaccines  this is an issue which was known by Dr Salk but he helped covered over the fact of contaminated batches, the ame process carried on , so there was a whole generation exposed to this danger .
    • Yh that annoyed me when I saw it at the fort at anandpur sahib. Why would a 17th century fort have a khanda on it lol. I think older generation wouldn't be happy with a lot of puratan stuff. Sikh leaders in the last century almost became bhramin phobic and any practise or tradition which remotely reminded them of hinduism they wiped it out.  Its one of the reasons why dasam bani got shoved to the side.  Just like how the post that I posted about mansha singh, about him lighting jot at harmandir sahib and then sikhs questioning it because it's a bhaman practise.  The war banners of the khalsa army during majaraja ranjit singhs time used to have kali mata and other war goddesses on it, imagine bringing that back today! It would cause a riot lmao.  Couple of years back old wall paintings at tarn taran darbar sahib of hindu mythology were whitewashed and painted over with sikh ithiaasic scenes.  My told me that in the local gurdwara when she was a kid they used to have a shankh shell in the gurdwara.  These images were symbols of war, nothing more.  Not that your average sikh cared, but leaders didnt want sikhi to be seen as a sect of hindu dharam  which is understandable especially with all the events in the first half of the last century.  Theres even a sikh flag from maharaja ranjit singhs time with hanuman on it. But younger people are less "insecure" about these things.  

Important Information

Terms of Use