Mahan Akhand Keertan Smaagam

preet k

Also I dont think we should be on the net talking about this, if you want to do some thing do it.

What are we waiting for ?

The kirtan will go ahead, the parties will go ahead.

The only way this will stop if we make a stand not by posting on the net.

Sikhi what do you propose we do - Im going to boycott it - but what will this really achieve - they will continue their anti-gurmat behaviour - maybe we should write letters to the committee of the gurudwara :T: :T: :T:

Maybe someone should call the Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign I know they have done lots of seva in the past. Contact informatio

n is below, they will need proof.

Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign

PO Box 1945,

Ilford, Essex

IG1 9AA

U.K.

T : 07743 211135

E : SikhAlerts@yahoo.co.uk

www.GuruGranthSahibJi.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be more effective for the Sangat to contact the Kirtanis and discuss with them the issues around Leamington Gurdwara. I would urge Singhs and Singhnees from the Jatha to contact the Kirtanis and Jathedars.

So whats the long term answer, the Kirtan program will come and go, Then the parties will start then what to do ?

By the way its not a jathas problem its a problem for the Khalsa not any so called Jatha.

Think Long term not for now.

This may be a mistake but I think that the Jathedar of AKJ Bhai Jarnail Singh lives in that area. It could be hes local Gurdwara.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

If the samagam is not organised by AKJ or AKJI surely the Gurdwara are fradulantly claiming this to be a Akhand Keertan Darbar. The orginal posting by Preet K states that keertan will be performed by Akhand Keertan Jathas. It's easy for the sangat to jump to the conclusion that this is an AKJ samagam

I thinks it's out of order for the committee to promote this samagam as if it's an Akhand Kirtan Darbar. They are exploiting the 'persona' that goes with AKJ to look more panthic.

Guest KirtanLover

WJKK WJKF

GurSa Singh, i see the point you are making, but the names of Dr Harcharan Singh Ji (Amritsar), Bhai Hardeep Singh Ji (Dehli) Bhai Gurdev Singh Ji (Austrailia) Bhai Manjit Singh Ji (Glasgow) as well as UK Akhand Keertani Jathas are being advertised. So i doubt very much that the Gurdwara themselves are exploiting the name of AKJ.

To the main point that 'sikhi' made, we should look for a longterm solution under the khalsa panth rather than any jatha orientatioin. United we stand, divided we fall.

WJKK WJKF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

If the samagam is not organised by AKJ or AKJI surely the Gurdwara are fradulantly claiming this to be a Akhand Keertan Darbar. The orginal posting by Preet K states that keertan will be performed by Akhand Keertan Jathas. It's easy for the sangat to jump to the conclusion that this is an AKJ samagam

I thinks it's out of order  for the committee to promote this samagam as if it's an Akhand Kirtan Darbar. They are exploiting the 'persona' that goes with AKJ to look more panthic.

so would u only attend if it was akj smagam?

my word people wats up with this, there was nothing in original post saying it was AKJ(UK) or AKJI event all it stated was that there will be akhand keertanees attending, these people i assume are well known with in akj/akji circle and to attract people from all over they are being advertised,

we really need to get over the jatha split, just mention something remotely in connection to a jatha and it seems ur askin to get in to an argument.

POSTER for event!!!!!!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I thinks it's out of order  for the committee to promote this samagam as if it's an Akhand Kirtan Darbar. They are exploiting the 'persona' that goes with AKJ to look more panthic.

so would u only attend if it was akj smagam?

my word people wats up with this, there was nothing in original post saying it was AKJ(UK) or AKJI event all it stated was that there will be akhand keertanees attending, these people i assume are well known with in akj/akji circle and to attract people from all over they are being advertised,

we really need to get over the jatha split, just mention something remotely in connection to a jatha and it seems ur askin to get in to an argument.

POSTER for event!!!!!!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

It's not about jathas etc. I am not part of the Akhand Kirtan Jatha but have always viewed them as strong panthic figures.

It's about the Lemington Committee and Tachbrook Hall. They are holding a samagam in a supposed AKJ style as a PR stunt to look more dharmic.

The biggest opposers to the committees anti-Sikh activities have been a group of UK naujawaan. The committee will now justify their activities by holding a samagam every so often which will be attended by large numbers of sangat. No one will ever batter an eye lid at the Gurdwara run hall next door where the wedding receptions taking place.

My point is that do we just 'do nothing' and just let the Gurdwara carry on with these activities. The Youth which have stood up against them have received no support from any elders. Now that the samagam will take place the issues will just get buried again and all the manmat activites will carry on.

A decision needs to be made by the indvidual and it will depend on how passionate the person is towards the beadbi. Should we boycott these types of committee run Gurdwara complexes or do we just carry on? Let's face it things will not change unless we make a stand. I personally will not attend any programmes run by Lemington Gurdwara Committee until they shut down Tachbrook Hall.