Mahan Akhand Keertan Smaagam

preet k

With the blessings of the Guru, Sadh Sangat Leamington and Warwick are pleased to announce a week long Keertan Smaagam. The Keertani Jatha’s participating include Dr Harcharan Singh Ji (Amritsar), Bhai Hardeep Singh Ji (Dehli) Bhai Gurdev Singh Ji (Austrailia) Bhai Manjit Singh Ji (Glasgow) as well as UK Akhand Keertani Jathas

You are invited to participate in a spiritual experience by the rectal of Holy Verses from the Sikh Scriptues.

SAADH SANGAT LEAMINGTON & WARWICK

Mahan Akhand Keertan Smaagam

6th December to 11th December 2004

All programmes at:

Leamington and Warwick Gurudwara

Tachbrook Drive, Royal Leamington Spa CV34 6RH

Monday 6th December

6.30pm – 8.00pm Evening Keertan

Tuesday 7th December

7.00am – 8.30am Morning Keertan

Wednesday 8th December

Thursday 9th December

Friday 10th December

6.30pm – 9.30pm Evening Keertan (In memory of Bhai Bachan Singh Ji)

Saturday 11th December

7.00am – 9.30am Morning Keertan

Rehansbahi Keertan

Saturday 11th December

6.30pm till 4.00am

For further information contact:

Jagtar Singh Ji: 01926 313535 / 07956838413

Joginder Singh Ji: 01926 774563

Phalwinder Singh Ji: 01926 770207

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Im disappointed with AKJI's choice of Gurdwara. All are aware the activities that are promoted by the committee of this Gurdwara.

The affiliated hall within the Gurdwara boundaries is constantly booked for Wedding Receptions. The sound of the music from the hall can be heard clearly from the Darbar Sahib and the Sangat have to constantly face intoxicated revelers in the shared car park.

The Gurdwara committee have ploughed funds from Donations into creating something totally anti-Sikh. Monies from this hall are then used for the maintenance of the Gurdwara and its plans for further extension.

This is a major problem, AKJI must not support them, I would urge them to reconsider to another Gurdwara.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I completely agree.

There are dangerous long term implications of Gurdwara complexes like Leamington & Warwick. The Tachbrook Centre/Hall which is run by Leamington Gurdwara next door openly allows anti-dharmic activities ( drinking, partying and meat eating).

In my view the Gurdwara is anti panthic as it is allowing the promotion of practices against Sikh maryada. A strong institution like the Akhan Kirtani Jatha, whom we all look up to, should not support the commitee of this Gurdwara in any way.

I feel the AKJ should reconsider the Gurdwara Sahib location to somewhere which supports Sikhi Principles. It is time to start boycotting Gurdwara Complexes which promote anti Sikh activites.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

There are dangerous long term implications of Gurdwara complexes like Leamington & Warwick. The Tachbrook Centre/Hall which is run by Leamington Gurdwara next door openly allows anti-dharmic activities ( drinking, partying and meat eating).

In my view the Gurdwara is anti panthic as it is allowing the promotion of practices against Sikh maryada. A strong institution like the Akhan Kirtani Jatha, whom we all look up to, should not support the commitee of this Gurdwara in any way.

I feel the AKJ should reconsider the Gurdwara Sahib location to somewhere which supports Sikhi Principles. It is time to start boycotting Gurdwara Complexes which promote anti Sikh activites.

Definately Bro - It is Crazy that they have chosen this Gurudwara. :wub: :wub: :@ :lol:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Totaly agree, why are you arranging a smagaam in a gurudwara where they have ownership of a club where alcohol and meat is served. Can you imagine Bhai sahib randhir signh or the singhs of there time doing keertan at a place like that :T: I THINK NOT!!! we should not support gurudwara like this it should be boycotted until they change there ways. This smagam has been arranged by local sangat as far as i'm aware and Akj uk are nothign to do with this smagam.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Is this the same g'wara where all the fuss was a few weeks ago ??? why do we bother to entertain these g'warea committees with smagams when all they do is entertain people with beer and meat in community centres ???? seriously until that situation was fully resolved why is there a smagam here ???? maybe the organisers are after there own balea balea and don't care about gurmat values ?????? :wub: may guru ji bless them with sujjhi of Gurmat pray.gif

maybe having samagam at such place might bring one or two soul back into sikhi ?

Waheguroo,

The presence of Guruji should be enough to bring one or 2 souls back into Sikhi. Unfortunatly the manmat committee do not see this.

I think the samagam is being held so that the committee can earn some 'brownie' points. If they really want to do Sikhi parchar then they should shut the activities in the Tachbrook Hall down. Until then the committee are just entertianers of manmat and hyprocisy.

I knew that the AKJ would not willingly be a part of this. I would not expect any panthic jatha to be a part of this. Please can the jathedars of AKJ/AKJI really think about the consequences of supporting this committee.

GurFateh!

The kirtan should go on. On the day of the event the sangat should question the Gurdwara committee. Put them in the spot.

If you leave these people they will carry on doing what they like. Just how most westen Sikhs have forgotten about our Brothers and Sisters in Punjab.