Mahan Akhand Keertan Smaagam

preet k

i neva read akj or akji in the original post, all it says is akj uk keertainis will attend, and i agree with S1ngh 100%.

come on people, u might inspire a papi like me. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akhand Keertani Jatha UK has nothing to do with this "smagam" this has been arranged by the local sangat who seem to be content in holding such programmes at a Gurudwara which is run by modern day massands :wub: @ It's fat chance that they are gunna change there ways with one keertan smagam. This Gurudwara needs to be boycoted thats the only way they will stop , if the sanat don't go there they will have to change , cause for them it's all about the £££££

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I do not see where you get your logic from. If we, as Sikhs of Guru Gobind Singh, boycott a Gurdwara... what kinda' manmatt is that? You say it's all about £££££ for them, well if no one went to the Gurdwara they'd just find other ways to earn £££££ (i.e. parties instead of smagams - which apparently they already do..).

My point is, you can't boycott a place where Partakh Satguru, Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is throned. However, I agree that if there are issues, the sangat must take the necessary steps to resolve them.

Forgive my ignorance.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'm sorry but I still stand by my statement that the Gurudwara should be boycotted but i would liek to add that ALL SAAROOPS OF GURU MAHARAAJ SHOULD BE REMVOED instead of havign smgams there you shoudl go as a Jatha and take Guru maharaj out of that party palace. i can't work out the local sangats logic hmmm our localGurudwara is being used for parites with meat , sharaab , smoking, lust etc.... so lets supprot this venture by holding keertan darabrs here and encouraging others to some here.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I'm sorry but I still stand by my statement that the Gurudwara should be boycotted but i would liek to add that ALL SAAROOPS OF GURU MAHARAAJ SHOULD BE REMVOED instead of havign smgams there you shoudl go as a Jatha and take Guru maharaj out of that party palace. i can't work out the local sangats logic hmmm our localGurudwara is being used for parites with meat , sharaab , smoking, lust etc.... so lets supprot this venture by holding keertan darabrs here and encouraging others to some here.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Then the Gurdwara committee will go and buy more Saaroops, we need a answers that will sort this problem out.

Guest KirtanLover

WJKK WJKF

Tarunjeet Singh, i totally agree with you 100% as far as Gurmat principals are concerned, to stand by what is right in Gurmat is extremely improtant. Tat Gurmat is important. Shouldn't we be going towards that? If the name of the jatha is being used (regardless of which one) then we should be even more careful.

WJKK WJKF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Maybe the boycotting of the Gurdwara is not the right solution. However, the issues need to be highlighted. My fear is that the committee will always use the AKJ samagam as their contribution to panthic parchar within the region.

I strongly belive that Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh would have inspired us the stand against these anti panthic committees. I personally feel that the long term implications are that the committee will claim that they have AKJ support as a samagam was held within their premises. If a Sant dera was to do their parchar/kirtan at Leamington Gurdwara we'd all be at them accusing the Sants of being anti-panthic by supporting the committee.

Let's think about this. Would Bhai Sahib have done kirtan in this location? What's the difference between what the masands were doing in Nankana Sahib and what the committee are doing in Leamington? As it stands the committee are still carrying out these manmat acts. After the samagam the committee will still carry on these manmat acts.

The Gurdwara building etc is funded by revenues earned from a hall which promotes the consumption of meat and alcohol. And to sit in the sangat of these committee members feels like we are supporting their activies. No matter from what angle I think about this, it feels so wrong.

Also I dont think we should be on the net talking about this, if you want to do some thing do it.

What are we waiting for ?

The kirtan will go ahead, the parties will go ahead.

The only way this will stop if we make a stand not by posting on the net.

Sikhi what do you propose we do - Im going to boycott it - but what will this really achieve - they will continue their anti-gurmat behaviour - maybe we should write letters to the committee of the gurudwara :T: :T: :T:

Guest KirtanLover

WJKK WJKF

The kirtani's involved should be informed of the full situation. I don't want to contradict what was mentioned in my other posts (http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=ST&f=20&t=8243) but as the kirtani's names have been mentioned, they should be contacted. The numbers of the organisers are on the bottom of the poster, all concerned should ring up. If not, then to boycott it and use that time to do naam simran/paath/ardaas would be more effective.

WJKK WJKF