So this is the reason that AKJ is different?

Guest learner singh

Guest learner singh

I used to think that AKJ is supporting Akal Thakat but when I saw that they support jathedar who is from their group ( e.g Akahand Kirtani Jatha) it was kind of confusing for me. So, Akj supports Jatehdar who is appointed by their group at Akal Thakat and others are under "no support" cateogary?

Please clarify for me as it shows cultish stance because most of the Panth goes by Akal Thakat without particular preference of their jathas. AKJ points show that they are biased towards Jatehdar as he belongs to their jatha and seems like AKJ want to be authority of selecting Jathedar for Akal Takaht and want to run Panth as per their vote of choice?

What's your feedback?

source: http://www.panthkhalsa.org/akaltakht/index.html

Sri Akal Takht Sahib, the highest seat of spiritual and temporal authority for the Sikhs, is under siege and the situation in Punjab has become extremely precarious. In response to these serious developments, our site along with other major Panthic web sites, in unity, state the following :

We recognize Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji as the legitimate Jathedar of Siri Akal Takht Sahib and do not accept any other Jathedar unless he is appointed by the Sarbat Khalsa.

We express our full faith in his leadership and will continue to abide by the Hukamnamas issued under his signatures.

We do not recognize the Sikh Gurdwara Ju

dicial Commission because it is partial and its members are hand picked by Mr. Badal, who wants to control the SGPC.

We do not recognize the 10 members of the SGPC executive committee who have violated all Panthic norms by suspending the Jathedar. They have no right to do so.

There are nine millions Sikhs outside Punjab and India who are not under the jurisdiction of the SGPC. Ten politically motivated members of the SGPC have no right to go against the wishes of 9 million Sikhs outside Punjab (including three millions in other countries).

We condemn Parkash Badal's order to the Punjab police to storm the Sri Darbar Sahib Complex, it is reminiscent of the gruesome invasions of the past and constitutes a disgraceful act by Badal's government. He should be declared a "Tankhaiya" along with other ten members of the SGPC executive committee.

Parkash Badal needs to apologize to Jathedar Bhai Ranjit Singh and the Khalsa Panth, present himself before Sri Akal Takht Sahib and receive proper religious punishment for his actions.

Parkash Badal and his political associates need to immediately stop interfering in the religious affairs of the Sikhs and stop misusing members of the SGPC Executive to promote their anti-panthic designs.

We fully support all the resolutions that were passed at the Panthic meeting held at the Darbar Sahib on the 2nd of February, 1999.

Any attempt to hijack Sri Akal Takht Sahib will be considered an attack on the Sikh Nation.

It is a shame that Badal, whose party came to power because of the solid support of the Sikh Nation, has turned his back on the Panth and is out to destroy the highest seat of spiritual and temporal authority of the Sikhs.

We appreciate the stand taken by Singh Sahib Bhai Mohan Singh Ji who refused to yield to the Government pressure, declined to accept the position of Jathedar of Sri Akal Takht Sahib, and supported Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji. We urge upon Joginder Singh Vedanti to

follow his noble example and not to play into the hands of the enemies of the Panth.

ummm.. actually everybody know what bhai ranjit singh did for our community and by seeing how he was taken out of akal takht and was replaced by some other person by wacko badal/tohra gang evil scheme/regime. BUT still every Sikh no matter whether he is akj or taksali or the one who doesn't belong to anyone still respect whatever rules come our of akal takht. Yes one can disagree with the person's (jathedars) *PERSONAL* ideas, but at the end majority do respect the offical response/alert/news of akal takht.

Guest learner singh
hmm... PanthKhalsa.org is clearly a Panthik Site, that's all!

The page you have quoted is from the Akal Takhat Support commette and it is not UNDER AKJ in anyway.

Visit http://www.akj.org and click on the logo they have on their site which says they support "Akal Thakat sahib" and this article is from there.

take care

Visit http://www.akj.org and click on the logo they have on their site which says they support "Akal Thakat sahib" and this article is from there.

that link takes u to PanthKhalsa.org :D

if you believe just believing in puraatan rehit maryada and ways of 'appointing' the Akal Takhat Jathedaar makes you different then you really need to think MORE.

You might have heard the news of Bhai Baldev Singh ji becoming Jathedaar of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib ji about a year ago. Now he's one who directly out of AKJ and AKJ never did anything to get him in the position of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib ji. Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji is more of a Panthik person than of any Jathebandi. The Akal Takhat support committee is just telling us that the Akal Takhat Jathedaar should not be under any other Jathebandi (i.e. SGPC and Akali Dal).

Here’s a link of a video from a Taksali website: http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/video/...nAkaalTakht.wmv

The views of Damdami Taksal on how the Jathedaar should be appointed are very much similar to the views of Sri Akal Takhat support committee and accordin

g to the video, you can safely assume that Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji should be the Jathedaar because he was appointed by Sarbat Khalsa and we all know how he was kicked out by the SGPC lot. Perhaps u should do some research on that.

Watch the video and think over it. I hope you don’t come ahead and say that Taksal is also different now.

Hasn’t Tohra also been making statements that Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji will be put into power very shortly? Perhaps he is different aswell?

Just because some AKJ site puts up a logo of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib support committee, it doesn’t make them different! They are just supporting the truth. No one individual has the power to appoint Jathedaars at Sri Akal Takhat Sahib by himself!

son of guru gobind singh ji has given a very good discription to the problem at hand

the jathedar sahib of dun akaal takht sahib is not chosen by the sarbat khalsa, rather appointed by sgcp.

A real jathedar ie. bai ranjit singh ji khalsa wuz chosen by sarbat khalsa, thats why he is recognized as the on going leader, i don't think he wuz part of akj rather jus ther for the quams betterment (quite like AKJ).

Guest learner singh

Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji,

I don't know how much you have researched but there was no tradition of "Jathedar" but caretaker...

Also, can you tell me where does "Sarbat Khalsa" resides?

Sat Sri Akal:

Whether the position of Jathedarexisted or not is not relevant, as the Panth since then has chosen to have a Jathedar (if the Panth was severely against having a Jathedar, then there would have been a move made to remove that post). If the Khalsa shall choose in the future to have Panj Jathedars for the Akal Thakat, that is its decision. For now, one Jathedar is the standard.

Sarbat Khalsa resides whereever there is a call for the Khalsa to assemble. Such a meeting did occur in 1986 (I think...year might not be correct) to pass some declarations about the events of 1984. So where does the Sarbat Khalsa reside? Whereever the Singhs/Kaurs gather upon a call of Panthic matters.

As it stands right now, the Jathedar of the Akal Thakat is appointed by SGPC and can be relieved of duty by SGPC. What it really needed is a Jathedar with popular backing who makes a stand for Sikhism and does not leave the position upon SGPC hukam. The Jathedar of the Akal Thakat should have jurisdiction over the SGPC, not vice versa (GOI ain't stupid, control the SGPC, control the Akal Thakat).

Until the people themselves rise and say or back a Jathedar that says the SGPC has no authority over the Akal Thakat, you can continue to see such removals and regime changes, to the detriment of the Sikh Nation.

Sat Sri Akal:

Consequently, if it is so bothersome that the AKJ do not follow the Akal Thakat, why is not an issue when the Snatans refuse to follow the Akal Thakat's Rehat? Should they not also be scrutinized for their insistence upon special status apart from the Sikh Panth?

Upon the writings of the Gurus, I see not one reference to Udasis, Nirmalas, Nihungs or Sewapanthis. I see one word being repaeted by the Ten Masters...Sikh. Perhaps that is what we should all strive to be? Just a thought.

Guest learner singh

Sat Sri Akal:

Whether the position of Jathedarexisted or not is not relevant, as the Panth since then has chosen to have a Jathedar (if the Panth was severely against having a Jathedar, then there would have been a move made to remove that post).  If the Khalsa shall choose in the future to have Panj Jathedars for the Akal Thakat, that is its decision.  For now, one Jathedar is the standard.

Why there is Keski and meat issue is main priority of AKJ? And I don't think Hukumnama was passed by SGPC owned jathedar at that time?

Sarbat Khalsa resides whereever there is a call for the Khalsa to assemble.  Such a meeting did occur in 1986 (I think...year might not be correct) to pass some declarations about the events of 1984.  So where does the Sarbat Khalsa reside?  Whereever the Singhs/Kaurs gather upon a call of Panthic matters.

Dammi Taksal and AKJ have different approach on Raagmala. AKJ forced his group members to wear keski and meat is like poison and even Hukumnama was made that it doesn't make any sikh less sikh if he eats meat still AKJ see it as "Bajjar kurhait" so there is no Sarbat khalsa anymo

re but different groups started with good intention but turning into cults...

As it stands right now, the Jathedar of the Akal Thakat is appointed by SGPC and can be relieved of duty by SGPC.  What it really needed is a Jathedar with popular backing who makes a stand for Sikhism and does not leave the position upon SGPC hukam.  The Jathedar of the Akal Thakat should have jurisdiction over the SGPC, not vice versa (GOI ain't stupid, control the SGPC, control the Akal Thakat).
I don't see any good future of term sarbat khalsa and I have proved my point above so in that case it will be only AKJ.....
Until the people themselves rise and say or back a Jathedar that says the SGPC has no authority over the Akal Thakat, you can continue to see such removals and regime changes, to the detriment of the Sikh Nation.

What are those people?