Wearing Kara in schools for P.E

Inderpal

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I am just dropping a topic which is affecting me lots at school as i am not allowed to wear my Kara during physical education theerefore i have been refusing to do p.e and am currently being dealt with by p.e heads. i just need a bit of help and/or maybe some paperwork showing there is now a law saying i can wear it during p.e. many ppl just think of a Kara as a bangle or a "KNUCKLEDUSTER".

PLZ HELP

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

:nihungsmile: Bluey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I had this problem Singh Ji, when I was at school too. The Pe teachers used to tell me I couldn't take part if I didn't remove my kara. So for the first few lessons are didnt go but then I went to see the head master with my parents - who told him if Im not allowed to take part - im going to leave the school. That seemed to do the trick. :wub: And after that I didn't have any problems. In addition to this do what Penji says. If they still dont listen take them to court!!! HOW DARE THEY TREAT SIKHS LIKE THIS. FIRST IT WAS THE DASTAAR NOW THE KARA!!!! :wub: :@ :lol: :lol:

Btw singh ji - ill have a look for the letters I gave to school etc - to show you ok.

Take care and stay in Chardee Kala

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hey!

i take my kara off 4 p.e i have enough hassle at school 4rm teachers but that true wot u say!

if muslims are allowed 2 wear head scarfes etc: why are sikhs not allowed to wear theyre religous symbol!,muslims have pins in their scafes 2 keep it upright thats more dangerous!

i take mine off but when i do i feel bad!

something needs 2 be done about this we can take them 2 court as it is apart of the human rights law!

butt he thing with me i am the only sikh in my schol who wears a kara im ashamed 2 say! i have 4 sikhs in my school and i am the only 1 who wears a kara! but the school wont take notcie of my protests!

FATEH X

when i played soccer the referee's use to ask me to take of my kara during tournaments...

i solved this by just wearing a wrist band over my kara, so that it wouldnt scratch or cut anyone... because i did have a few incidents where my kara scratched or cut someone while playing soccer or ball... but this is easily solved by wearing a wrist band over it

Inderpal are u in UK, every year someone has this problew, wat kind of kara do u have, big fat sharpe.

someone i know had this proob and his was a slim thin one, ohmy.gif stupid gore wanted him to take it of for swimming, he said its an article and faith and he was allowed to wear it (10 year old) she asked the instroctor he said its fine, <_< stupid teacher.

2 ways to get around,

first u stand ur ground dont give in, neva remove it, dont wear a massive fat kara when doin PE (keep it for afterschool journey home:LOLz: ) say its an article of faith which is required as per the Sikh faith to be worn at all times, if the school insists say I am not willing to sacrifice my faith for an hour of PE.

dont get rude, just stay cool!

if they still insist take it up with ur head of year, tell them to contact the DFS, im sure they have guidelines for kara, as Kirpan is allowed in schools in UK kara is most deffinetly!

other option you may think of is putting a sweat band on top for the hour, I know some pep put it on srtist to stop the kara banging the hand when doin gatka, etc. (cause they have a fat kara!)

hey!

i take my kara off 4 p.e i have enough hassle at school 4rm teachers but that true wot u say!

if muslims are allowed 2 wear head scarfes etc: why are sikhs not allowed to wear theyre religous symbol!,muslims have pins in their scafes 2 keep it upright thats more dangerous!

something needs 2 be done about this we can take them 2 court as it is apart of the human rights law!

butt he thing with me i am the only sikh in my schol who wears a kara im ashamed 2 say! i have 4 sikhs in my school and i am the only 1 who wears a kara! but the school wont take notcie of my protests!

FATEH X

where are u guys from US/Canada or UK, guruji's_student, Inderpal, and anyone else with the prob, if from UK we will put together somekind of letters,

any school in UK which does not allow kara is discriminating, and I am 90% sure the department or education has some kind of guideline, other wise get ur gurdwara to write letters to local council and schools!

QUOTE (guruji's_student @ Nov 28 2004, 08:53 PM)

hey!

FATEH X 

where are u guys from US/Canada or UK, guruji's_student, Inderpal, and anyone else with the prob, if from UK we will put together somekind of letters,

any school in UK which does not allow kara is discriminating, and I am 90% sure the department or education has some kind of guideline, other wise get ur gurdwara to write letters to local council and schools!

Yeah I think we should Bro -sort these schools out :wub: :wub: :@ :lol:

ill have a look in to it tomoro, im fairly sure the department of education has somekind of legislation on this, as they do on kirpan so they must,

stand ur ground, protest, get ur parents in, get gurdwara involved, its time us older students help each other out,

so Akal Purakh Di Fauj veer ill put u done as pardan or the action committie, :e: thanks for volunteering