Wearing Kara in schools for P.E

Inderpal

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Singh Ji, I had this same problem at my odl school. The best thing to do is just put a wrist band ontop of your kara. If the p.e council still refuses to let you keep it on while playing, then I guess we'll have to get the paperwork. But most likely they won't mind, just make sure your kara is secure on you arm and that if it does hit someone by accident, it shouldn't injure the person. So the best and safest thing to do is keep a wrist band over it. But if they still give you problems with this issure...just let me know...nd ill print out the paperwork that says that you are allowed to wear your kara at p.e and other school activites :TH:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I still have to remove my kara at work. What can i do about this. If people should stand their ground at school in pe then why should i not be allowed to wear one in work? They told me its to do with hygiene but a gori can wear a wedding band? please help me.

Fateh.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

They don't let you wear it @ work cause of hygene? I work in a VAF research facility which is class II biocontainment w/ viruses and stuff... and I've never had a problem. In fact, since the kara is with you all the time, and you wash it in the shower anyways, its just as clean as you are (actually cleaner cause bacteria can't grow on iron). I would not listen to those people at all... they are just ignorant. Teach them what it means, why its important, and how you won't part with it.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Find out if your school forces girls to cut fingernails short for P.E.. Find out if your district makes elementary school kids wear helmets while on the swings or tailbone pads while on the slide. Do they require helmets when playing rugby and cracking heads with other kids Does a school mandate helmets while on school field trips to ski hills going downhill past tree trunks at 80 km/h, or seat belts on school buses (do they even have belts?).

What about helmets while playing football/soccer (ever hear the cracking sound when two people do a jumping head butt?). Surely the school is upholding a standard expected in the larger society. Does your society allow motorcycles? Helmet or no helmet ER hospital rooms would tell you that statistically, motorcycles are a death wish. How about rollerblades? They are rented out to people in tourist areas to people who don't know the streets, local traffic patterns and who have never been on rollerblades. Hospital ERs are filled with these tourists every summer here.

Why don't baseball pitchers wear cages, balls the size and density of a large stone come back at them at 100km/hr. They should ban champagne bottles because popping corks at a table is a serious risk. Hey lets ban booze altogether because the majority of crimes, family problems and violence is booze related.

Is this getting ridiculous? If they have a problem with a kara. NO!! Does the kara pose a risk? Yes, so does your P.E. teacher starting a vehicle every morning to come to school. I would say the latter poses the greater risk. Which god gave these people the nerve to assume safety standards according to their personal blinders? I challenge someone

to tell me which P.E. activity does not have an inherit risk which can be reduced in some way.

Tight neckties on dress shirts were found to increase blood pressure, since we can't monitor the tightness, banning them altogether would be a good idea. Light colored people should be banned from beaches or at least tanning in the summer because they are at a high risk for skin cancer and a great strain on limited medical resources. We should ban coffee for drivers as it provides false confidence to people driving when they should be sleeping.

Oh and last but not least, in a world where there are millions upon millions of boxes of metal going down streets at speeds between 30km/h and 100km/h divided by a 5 inch curb from pedestrians—SHOULD WE NOT AT THE LEAST ALL BE WEARING TURBANS FOR PROTECTION!!

Simple fact is we are weak, stand up for your rights.

Would you cut your arm off or your head, so how can you take one of your kakkars off. All this School stuff is rubbish, Sikhi is first Full stop then School, work, family so on. WIthout Sikhi Lift is pointless.

We should not be scared when wearing the 5 kakkars, wear it with pride. Do adras to Guru Jee and ask Guru Jee to Help you.

You can also tie your Kara into your Kesh with 5 shasters, so you are never without a shaster. You should also have a Kara on your hand and your Kirpan with you, a kirpan that is sharp. Be ready for any thing.

Guest Amrik$ingh

i think people generally lack what sikhs are, we should spend more money on sikh awareness programs rather then investing money into making gurdware bigger etc...

but anyway yeah, there are many cases in school like dis

i knew diz one singhni with a kirpan and the head teacher got scared, lol

he told me to tell her to leave the kirpan at home, but i told her to keep wearing it but dont expose it before people start making a big deal out of it

singh its depends how big you kara is and dat......sometimes if its too big it can be a hazard, especially in p.e just wear a suitable size one so if colliding into anyone, it won't do as much damage, lol

but if you've got a small kara on anyway, your pe teachers must be really daft

inless you sit down with them and explain whats purpose the kara is for, and tell them its not suppose to be taken off, take your parents along and have a deep disccussion with them

Guest Lohgarh Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

inderpal, i had the same problem. the teachers and students said for m,e not to wear it, but i put a sweat band round it and i was alowed to wear it even in rugby, so get a relativly thin one put a sweat band round it and they should say its ok for you to wear it. hope ive helped.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Thank you all my veer jis and penjis i have now got a way of being able to take part in pe. if they stil refuse then i will defianatly get my parents in and discuss the importace of my kara. i will also need some paper work which ysl has organized for me

Thank Ju

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

:nihungsmile: Bluey