WEARING A KIRPAN IN SCHOOL!

guruji's_student

:| Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

dearest penji

i have spoken to you on msn and you have good intensions :wub: but take every step at a time learn to keep your kesh, and be natural how we wer born hunna thats how we are meant to be. penji try to keep your kakkars on all the time like make sure they do not come off your body and treat your kakkars with respect, as for this is what gurujee has blessed us with. i wear all my kakkars and im still in high school and i attend a catholic school lol (not by choice!) lol blush.gif but neways yeah i have not told my head teacher about my kirpan or the teachers you cannot see my kirpan so i think why tell them what they cannot see as i know they would kick a fuss up. so don't worry about telling the teacher as how will they find out you have a kirpan?? and about the parents situation do not worry about that they will get used to it, as my dad is totally not in to sikhi but he got used to it and he supports me now rolleyes.gif

and to k

halsa4ever i think that is very harsh what you said!

I don't mean to sound insulting, but rsingh is right, don't pretend to be amritdhari if you arn't. If the kirpan and kara had meaning, and not just "something to wear" you would've taken amrit.

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's the truth. You don't have to wear any of those things since you have not taken amrit.

how can you say this i am not amritdharee just yet but i have intensions of taking amrit very soon but i practice rehit and im not pretending to be amritdharee i think you should refrase your words!
You don't have to wear any of those things since you have not taken amrit.

and please do not class our kakkars as 'things' :| as they should be treated with respect!

sorry penji i hope i helped in some way :wub:

bhul chuk maaf karnee jee

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but take every step at a time learn to keep your kesh,

no offence but i didnt realise your not even keshadharhi,

may be that shud be ur first step, No gurdwara is gone back you! why cause you dont have the other char kakars and they are going to argue do you even know the first thing about Kirpan!

i am just saying it how it is, we need to learn to take 1 step at a time and not jump to step 99 from step 1!!

you havent even taken the first step in keeping your kesh, I think u need to think about what you want!

pull chuk maff, I proberbly offended you but thats not my aim, I just wish people would face facts!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

We always talk about "Ekta" in our community, and how the people in charge are making rifts between our people and our religion. But it seems that before we can get to those people, we should look at ourselves. Why is it that we can't support another person who feels that they want to take Amrit?

rsingh ji, what do you think is better, for her to try and wear the kakars and see if she is ready then take Amrit, or go straight to take Amrit? What if Bhainji feels after that she can't keep it after, will she break it?

About her kesh, how did u assume that she still cuts her hair when she didnt even say anything about it? "learn to keep your kesh" does not mean its cut, it could mean to take care of it properly. Please try to be more supportive of people who are being blessed by Guru ji to follow the right path.

" just wish people would face facts! " - the fact is your being very rude and should be congratulating Bhenji on taking up the journey rather than trying to discourage her.

Bhenji, I look up to you and congratulate you on ur journey. It must be even harder when your parents dont support you. but you have a really good thing where if you have any questions, the sangat is here to help you. :wub:

I know I have probably said too much in this email and I am sorry if i've offended neone.... .......

pul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

hey paaji i didn't mean that the penji who started the post never kept her kesh i was just saying in general hunna. the penji is a nice girl who is tryna get into sikhi, so lets all help her in any way we can help each other hunna.

bhul chuk maaf karnee jee

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

thankyou very much!

i realli appreciate it ,thats right i dont get support from my family and im glad that you and many others do support me! but many dont!

yet i still need my question anwsering...... should i go to my head teacher and tell him that i am goin to wear a kirpan in school? because if i dont i might get in trouble and it can be very serious,but if i informed the headteacher first then it may be better?

im soo stuck please help

thankyou so far every1

FATEHX

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

rsingh veerji,

Please stop jumping to conclusions.

There are numerious number of singhs and singhnis on this board who have adopted wearing the 5 kakkars even before they were about to take amrit, and i can name a lot of them.

This bhainji has good intentions, PLEASE do not disencourage her and telling her she can not wear them. Bhainji, may guru ji give u support and love, myblessings are wit u :TH:

bhul chuk maph!

I don't mean to sound insulting, but rsingh is right, don't pretend to be amritdhari if you arn't. If the kirpan and kara had meaning, and not just "something to wear" you would've taken amrit.

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's the truth. You don't have to wear any of those things since you have not taken amrit.

Singh, Thats really a very rude thing to say...how can u jump to the conclusions just like that.....how would u know if someone is ready for amrit or not.....i know this singh that has been wearing his kakkars for a while and he's not been lucky enough to get amrit...so does that mean he's should stop wearing his kakkars....some singhs and singhnis wear kakkars to prepare themselves and once they have the intention to take amrit in the near future i don''t think theres anything wrong with that....and trust me when u are learning something...the last thing u need is for someone to discourage u........i would say keep it up bhenji.....guruji will do his kirpa like always ....don't let people discourage u..... :wub: