How can one know for sure that the prospective bride is not a conspirator

On 5/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, Guest marriage consultant said:

hukamnama. straight up. no 2 ways about it. put aside your mat and take your guru's mat.

Sorry, but what's there to take a hukumnama about? He already decided to get engaged, presumably with an ardaas. Now he's going to take a hukumnama to ask whether he should break it? You don't take hukumnamas in the manner of rolling dice to determine whether you should carry out your previously agreed-to obligations.

Staying true to your word is the Guru's matt.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:47 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Is it me , or am I just making a moutain out of a mole ? or is it directed towards no one . I told my parents, even they were angry about it . Even i was angry.

It is generally advised by wise people not to have a long engagement, if at all possible. If you do, you need to proceed wisely. During this time, neither are you strangers who have nothing to do with each other, and neither are you a married couple, who if you have a disagreement could have it out with an argument. You're neither, and that becomes dangerous.

On 5/13/2018 at 11:17 PM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

One would expect my fiance would have some kinda sense in her head to keep the contacts with me well,  because she's obviously getting very nice saure (us).

My littler brother,  You shouldn't be thinking about it this way - i actually see it as a very mean to say it. Mine better, yours not. My standard is higher than yours etc. etc. thoughts are not a unifying spirit.