Amrit question

Guest Amrit

Guest Amrit

So kirpa cos I'm gettin blessed with amrit soon but my hair ain't long enough for a dastar so Can i go to the amrit Sanchar with just a ramaal on or na? Some people tellin me you have to wear a dastar 

16 hours ago, Guest Amrit said:

So kirpa cos I'm gettin blessed with amrit soon but my hair ain't long enough for a dastar so Can i go to the amrit Sanchar with just a ramaal on or na? Some people tellin me you have to wear a dastar 

You can go with rumal. 

17 hours ago, Guest Amrit said:

Depends on what the Panj Pyare think, it's better go with a dastar but you need to make sure you hair can be easily accessible with a ramaal/patka, make the flap open for example at the top.

17 hours ago, Guest Amrit said:

If you have hair only long enough for a ramaal, don't you think you're rushing into Amrit?

If your hair is short that must mean you were cutting it only a few weeks ago.

So you just decided on a whim to take amrit?

Don't you think you should perfect your rehit (make sure you can go 6 months or a year waking up at Amrit vela and doing paath) before taking Amrit?

Secondly, there's no reason you can't tie a turban over cut hair. Hindus do it for their weddings (so do mona Sikhs). Moreover, Guru Gobind Singh ji's 52 Hukums state to wear a turban, as do many rehitnamas. So I can't imagine the Panj Piyaras allowing you in with a ramaal.

Guest Amrit
19 hours ago, BhForce said:

If you have hair only long enough for a ramaal, don't you think you're rushing into Amrit?

If your hair is short that must mean you were cutting it only a few weeks ago.

So you just decided on a whim to take amrit?

Don't you think you should perfect your rehit (make sure you can go 6 months or a year waking up at Amrit vela and doing paath) before taking Amrit?

No. Don't think you know someone's story and what is causing them to take amrit because of the length of their hair. How do you know I've not been keeping amrit vela and reading paath for 6months to a year already? Learn to not judge a book by its cover. 

13 hours ago, Guest Amrit said:

No. Don't think you know someone's story and what is causing them to take amrit because of the length of their hair. How do you know I've not been keeping amrit vela and reading paath for 6months to a year already? Learn to not judge a book by its cover. 

The answer is, I don't know. This is just a forum where people post short anonymous messages to each other to communicate.

This is not a paid therapy session where I can diagnose you and ask all the questions I want interactively.

So, if that's what you've been doing, then state that, which you now have.

As far as not "judging" you for cutting your hair? Why not?

Not cutting your hair is the first thing Guru Nanak ji said to Bhai Mardana (and others). You say you've been doing amrit vela and Gurbani for half a year. I hope that Gurbani has affected you to the core:

ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਬਾਣੀ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰਿਆ ਅਣੀਆਲੇ ਅਣੀਆ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

Har Praem Baanee Man Maariaa Aneeaalae Aneeaa Raam Raajae ||

The Bani of the Lord's Love is the pointed arrow, which has pierced my mind, O Lord King.

ਜਿਸੁ ਲਾਗੀ ਪੀਰ ਪਿਰੰਮ ਕੀ ਸੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਜਰੀਆ ॥

Jis Laagee Peer Piranm Kee So Jaanai Jareeaa ||

Only those who feel the pain of this love, know how to endure it.

ਆਸਾ (ਮਃ ੪) ਛੰਤ( ੧੫) ੨:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੪੯ ਪੰ. ੨ 
Raag Asa Guru Ram Das

If you've been affected by Gurbani at all, you haven't felt the desire to do what Guru Sahib wants? On this path, you have to do what Guru Sahib wants:

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਚਲੇ ਭਾਈਅੜੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਕਹੈ ਸੁ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਇ ਜੀਉ ॥

Eith Maarag Chalae Bhaaeearrae Gur Kehai S Kaar Kamaae Jeeo ||

So walk on this Path, O brothers; do that work which the Guru tells you to do.

ਸੂਹੀ ਗੁਣਵੰਤੀ (ਮਃ ੧) ੩:੭ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੭੬੩ ਪੰ. ੪ 
Raag Suhi Guru Arjan Dev

In no case should the Panj Piyare grant you the gift of Amrit because you either decided to take Amrit on a whim, or secondly you've known for 6 months you want to take Amrit, but you couldn't be bothered to keep your hair.

Are there other bajjer kurehits you've been committing for the last 6 months (Halal, adultery, drugs), and you're just going to stop the very day of the Amrit ceremony?

The Punj Piyare should tell you to first keep your hair, and then if you can withstand the stares or hostility that some people have towards the Sikh saroop, then you can come back and ask for Amrit.

Look, it's great you want to take Amrit. I just don't know why you wouldn't want to show your commitment.