How to attract people to Sikhism

Big_Tera

What is the best way to attract or maybe a better word teach people about the Sikh faith. 

For instance jehovah witnesses knock on peoples doors and talk about their faith. Many also hand out leaflets outside tube stations. I am not sure how successful they are with these methods.

Muslims set up stalls on the high street. 

What are Sikhs doing or could be doing that is effective in teaching, educating and spreading the faith? 

Anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking one way is to hand out leaflets. But the only drawback is many may throw them away and not read them and thus disrespect the faith.

The positives at the moment

Sikhs channels = thus reaching millions everyday who can watch. But sadly not enough programs aimed at non Sikhs. Seems to be dominated by boring punjabi news stories. 

Should be more parcharic type shows. Showing how to become a Sikh and what Sikhs belive in. 

Yet all there seems to be is non stop shabads which are good but not so much educating. The producers of these channels lack creative ideas to do new educating and exciting shows for the youth and non Sikhs. So they just fill it with shabads and 24/7

Seeing is believing 

There are very few who truly walk the path of a gurmukh, but those that do, need not say a word. By being in their presence atheists and non-believers find the true path of Sikhism.

Jinee naam dhyiaeeaa gae musakat kal nanak te mukh oujele kethi chutee nal 

7 hours ago, IshR said:

Seeing is believing 

There are very few who truly walk the path of a gurmukh, but those that do, need not say a word. By being in their presence atheists and non-believers find the true path of Sikhism.

Jinee naam dhyiaeeaa gae musakat kal nanak te mukh oujele kethi chutee nal 

I was watching a basics of sikhi video. And on that it was stated that in the uk there are only a total of 2 full time parcharics. Out of a population of over 600.000 we only have 2 active people who are trying to preach the Sikh faith. 

Is it any wonder no one is becomming sikhs yet thousands become muslims every year. Coz we are just sitting around on our a$$ waiting for things to happen. 

To many of us like to talk but no action. 

Quality not quantity that counts 

Yes maybe thousands of people convert to Islam via brainwashing, but how many true Muslims are there? ... Muslims who are truely devout to god and not just converting in ego to become a believer where everyone else is an infidel?

Look at maharaja ranjit singh era, the Sikh generals were bought out by the British and sikhs lost their raj.

This is because the sikh generals were not real khalsa, khalsa can never be bought by bribes. They were sikh in appearance only. 

Through preaching, Sikhs may increase in quantity, but not quality.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:15 AM, Big_Tera said:

What is the best way to attract or maybe a better word teach people about the Sikh faith. 

For instance jehovah witnesses knock on peoples doors and talk about their faith. Many also hand out leaflets outside tube stations. I am not sure how successful they are with these methods.

Muslims set up stalls on the high street. 

What are Sikhs doing or could be doing that is effective in teaching, educating and spreading the faith? 

Anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking one way is to hand out leaflets. But the only drawback is many may throw them away and not read them and thus disrespect the faith.

The positives at the moment

Sikhs channels = thus reaching millions everyday who can watch. But sadly not enough programs aimed at non Sikhs. Seems to be dominated by boring punjabi news stories. 

Should be more parcharic type shows. Showing how to become a Sikh and what Sikhs belive in. 

Yet all there seems to be is non stop shabads which are good but not so much educating. The producers of these channels lack creative ideas to do new educating and exciting shows for the youth and non Sikhs. So they just fill it with shabads and 24/7

yo GREAT QUESTION, personally i think i have studied the best way to attract people is to be a really good sikh. 

Literally if people on TV see a sports legend sikh or doing great seva on TV, its via action, you cant really persuade someone with words.