Hum rulte firte koi baat na puchta - Bhai Manpreet Singh ji Kanpuri

SinghG

VJKK VJKF

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Veer ji, I've been fortunate to listen -- and I mean deeply listen -- to continuous jaaps of Gurbani in the past few months, and I've too been struck by the things you've mentioned above. The tone and content of the compositions of Bhagat Ravi Daas are also indicative of what we know their waking mind was occupied by during their life. There's almost a pain and a poetic sadness to their Gurbani that is incredibly emotional, more so when one's aware of the historical and personal context of the bani they created.

Beant kirpa.... :ssa

VJKK VJKF

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 9/16/2018 at 10:51 PM, MisterrSingh said:

I'm being asked questions by younger -- and some not so young -- Sikhs who aren't necessarily religious or even theists (yet they possess a fairly decent comprehension of the Punjabi language and therefore can contextualise what's being said on the Gurdwara stage on the few occasions they attend) but due to cultural and familial connections have a desire to connect with their heritage and generally get to the heart of a few issues without undergoing the parchaar sales pitch.

I'll be honest, some of the questions they pose are the kind of things white people would ask about our religion around 20-25 years ago. They aren't being mean or devious but they are completely lacking any form of sugar-coating one would expect of our so-called co-religionists. At times it's a culture shock for me. Anyone else would get triggered and take it as an affront, but one can usually judge the intentions of someone who isn't taking the peshaab but merely acting out of ignorance and curiosity.

One example of what I was posed by someone last December during the shaheedi / Sahibzaade remembrance events: a young man in his 20's said to me he felt an immense guilt trip being inflicted on Sikhs when almost all parchaar centred on this particular period is simultaneously designed to remind us that Guru Govind Singh Ji felt no pain or sadness at the death of his sons -- because divine incarnations are above such base emotions -- yet the sangat is expected to be practically in mourning at the loss of the Sahibzaade; recent years have seen opening weeping and similar hitherto unseen behaviour in the darbaar itself.

Anyway, his question was, "If their father didn't feel any form of sadness or regret at the loss of his offspring, then why am I being induced into physical acts of mourning designed to make me a loyal follower? What does it matter to me if the father showed no emotion?" Can you believe such a question could originate from one of our supposed own? 

What do the contemporary jathe leadership and assorted babeh of the quom have in response to such questions? Is it clear how we're shooting ourselves in the foot? 

the young man in his 20s may seem caustic but if you look it from a different angle, he's being quite logical with his arguments.

If the father didn't feel sad and lived in hukam, then why should we feel sad , or rather more appropriate -- "pretend" to feel sad .

But then its also about being emotional , and not doing beadbi by not feeling a guilt trip emo follower . You see its quite tricky. One would say a person would be cold-hearted not to feel the loss .

Even in the so called logical religion of sikhi , we see many seemingly illogical things. I have always wondered why the hazur sahib main priest who apparently has to be a life long celibate be dedicated to a guru who himself had supposedly 2 wife and 4 sons. That doesn't compute ! sorry. Why he wears colorful piece of cloth meticulously wrapped in a peculiar style. And why he rings the bells first by lowering the curtain and then opening it again . What was the point of that , I am left wondering. and then washes off the tip of a tiny kirpan he held in his hand while doing ardas into the prasad being served . So many questions.

forget abt everything else, when someone takes khande baate ki paahul, they're said "ur father is GGS, ur mata is sahib kaur and u belong to anandpur sahib". Now this is a feeling that one has to cultivate, else why would they even consider GGS and mata sahib kaur as their parents. and what connection would they feel with anandpur sahib.

Kids grown in coconut families often have such identity crises. You don't see muslims doing such kind of nonsense. 

You don't see muslims bending over backwards to accomodate everyone , let alone at the cost of their own beliefs. But you will see sikhs trying to appease everyone and trying to follow everyone elses path except their own . The kind of identity cowardice sikhs betray in modern times is so ridiculous , the lesser said the better.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
14 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

when almost all parchaar centred on this particular period is simultaneously designed to remind us that Guru Govind Singh Ji felt no pain or sadness at the death of his sons -- because divine incarnations are above such base emotions

But there's also the story that Guru Gobind singh ji plucked a weed using his arrow tip and said "this empire is finished now". What would you make of that ? a divine miracle perhaps as most would say. Notice how the same guru has not ordered the ghaaghar river to part away (as moses did with red sea) when the guru and his army had to cross the river. 

I have even heard when Guru Gobind singh ji came to knew of martyrdom of sons , he had a tear in his eye but he didn't let it fall because it would have been a tsunami for future of sikhism but instead absorbed it back into eyes.