Questions you get asked? Stereotypes

puzzled

39 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Yeah innit lol

I think I'm fine with it now because I learnt that every faith also kept their Kesh too

This Jamaican girl at work asked me how long my hair is and then she was like "omg, give me some"   LOL 

It's odd but I don't think iv ever been asked by a guy how long my hair is, it's always girls, I think they are more curious. Maybe men just think it would be offensive. 

Men used to keep long hair from many different cultures, it's only when the short haired British started invading that men in their colonized countries started cutting get hair. Me having short hair and girls having long is a recent thing in many cultures 

Guest Khalsa Raj

This is the perfect opportunity to do parchar in a non pushy way. Expand on why we we keep kakaars. The girls Ive talked to are usually very interested and want to learn more. It's concerning how ppl born and educated in the UK can still confused us with Muslims. This could mean they slept through RE lessons, were not taught about Sikhi or the material was poor quality.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, Guest Khalsa Raj said:

This is the perfect opportunity to do parchar in a non pushy way. Expand on why we we keep kakaars. The girls Ive talked to are usually very interested and want to learn more. It's concerning how ppl born and educated in the UK can still confused us with Muslims. This could mean they slept through RE lessons, were not taught about Sikhi or the material was poor quality.

Yeah your right, I'm always more than happy to answer questions and yeah it usually the girls who are interested in knowing more. 

About getting confused with Muslims I think it mainly depends on which area you live in, iv never really been mistaken for a muslim as there are many sikhs in the region