Sonita

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh, 

My nearest Gurdwara is the Guru Nanak Darbar in Gravesend which is unfortunately quite far for me to get to by public transport at least 1 hr away, so i am seeking out those that are in the same boat who are living in Canterbury and cannot find a single Sikh to cohort with. For me having originally come from a predominantly Sikh community it is important to find a mutual background with those that share the same values. 

many thanks 

3 hours ago, Sonita said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh, 

My nearest Gurdwara is the Guru Nanak Darbar in Gravesend which is unfortunately quite far for me to get to by public transport at least 1 hr away, so i am seeking out those that are in the same boat who are living in Canterbury and cannot find a single Sikh to cohort with. For me having originally come from a predominantly Sikh community it is important to find a mutual background with those that share the same values. 

many thanks 

I used to live in Guildford and had the same issue, there were plenty of South Indians but very few Sikhs, I'd end up driving to Southall to go to the Gurdwara, I moved just outside of Oxford after that and had the same issue there.

Have to tried the local Uni (probably Kent University), they usually have Sikh societies that put on events, might be worth a shot.