Guest Singh

Anxiety

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hello

i used to have anxiety a few years back   it was bad!   i started doing stupid stuff like drinking alcohol everyday, sometime 9 am 10am in the morning!  i drank heavily for around 3 yrs and then decided to get help and went to my gp  he gave me anti depressants. around the same time i started going gurdwara. just being at the gurdwara and sangat helped me a lot, i started reading about sikhi and started keeping my kesh    soon after that i stopped taking the anti depressants.    i believe sikhi helped me out of it   

the medication only helps you to a certain point  you need to try yourself as well    for me sikhi filled that void 

a lot people with anxiety start relying on alcohol but its very destructive and just makes it worse. once your hooked on its hard to get off it.  even now i sometimes remember the taste and get a craving   but it doesn't happen that often, but when i first stopped drinking the alcohol  for the first 2 yrs or so it was really hard at times! whenever i would walk past a off license i would get a strong craving     

Waheguru has brought me a long way    i sometimes wonder if it wasn't for sikhi where i would be today with the direction i was heading with the alcohol and anxiety 

for everything waheguru does for us we really dont appreciate it

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 2:13 PM, Guest Singh said:

Has any one here overcome anxiety issues?  Interested to hear what worked? 

Try regular (daily) simran (10/15 minutes).

Also, make this and drink it before you go sleep.  Soak two tablespoons of poppy seeds (khus khus) overnight. 

Then remove khus khus from water (use fine sieve) and put into a mortar and pestle. Grind these seeds with a few almonds, pistachios (5 of each will do), some green cardamons. When grinded into a nice paste throw in pan with about two cups of milk. Add teaspoon of ghee (Keeo) and a twist of black pepper. Add a tiny bit of gurh if you want it slightly sweet (but not too much!).

Boil for about 4/5 minutes (stirring and scrapping bottom of pan to make sure it doesn't burn/stick) and drink. 

Do this for a week or two. 

Guest Truth
On 10/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, puzzled said:

hello

i used to have anxiety a few years back   it was bad!   i started doing stupid stuff like drinking alcohol everyday, sometime 9 am 10am in the morning!  i drank heavily for around 3 yrs and then decided to get help and went to my gp  he gave me anti depressants. around the same time i started going gurdwara. just being at the gurdwara and sangat helped me a lot, i started reading about sikhi and started keeping my kesh    soon after that i stopped taking the anti depressants.    i believe sikhi helped me out of it   

the medication only helps you to a certain point  you need to try yourself as well    for me sikhi filled that void 

a lot people with anxiety start relying on alcohol but its very destructive and just makes it worse. once your hooked on its hard to get off it.  even now i sometimes remember the taste and get a craving   but it doesn't happen that often, but when i first stopped drinking the alcohol  for the first 2 yrs or so it was really hard at times! whenever i would walk past a off license i would get a strong craving     

Waheguru has brought me a long way    i sometimes wonder if it wasn't for sikhi where i would be today with the direction i was heading with the alcohol and anxiety 

for everything waheguru does for us we really dont appreciate it

Your gratitute is lovely 

Guest guest

hi

without invading your privacy in any way:

is your anxiety endogenous or exogenous?  meaning, do you not know what it is happening (like a biological problem) or is it being caused due to something outside of you (e.g. watching the news, associating with negative people, previous bad/traumatic experiences?).

Guest Singh

Caused primarily by external issues, uncertainty, being treated unfairly. But at times I’m feeling constant anxiety but I can’t figure out why.

When you are happy or laughing do you go asking for help? After all you are in those 'emotional states' temporarily before you are in another temporary state. They are caused by specific inputs (i.e a joke) that your 'wiring' interprets and responds to with an action like laughing, endorphin release etc. The same goes with 'anxiety' it's a product of your 'wiring' (or ego if you want to give a specific name, that voice inside your head, the me), and how it responds to stimuli / inputs. Does your eternal 'awareness' that observes the voice in your head suffer with anxiety, stress, laughter, joy etc? Nah. That was the way this fool dealt with emotions it didn't like. I (in a loose sense) just started to observe the emotions as a temporary thing that come and go, and if they deep down didn't make me better were just not welcome anymore in taking up my awareness. That voice in your head is not you. Read some Elkhart Tolle to understand a bit about that disfucntional voice in your head 

Guest guest
On 10/16/2019 at 6:19 AM, Guest Singh said:

Caused primarily by external issues, uncertainty, being treated unfairly. But at times I’m feeling constant anxiety but I can’t figure out why.

do you watch the news?  if so stop.  they deliberately try and scare people these days.  if you still want to keep up to date, just skim a quality newspaper online once a day.

also, do you associate with people who talk in ways that make you feel nervous.  again, try and cut down time spent with them.

try also practising affirmations.

when you feel anxious for no reason, try and preoccupy your mind with something like a relaxing computer game/app, watching a comedy or a simple sport like kicking a ball around.  anything that you mind feels drawn to.

also, you can try taking a natural b-complex supplement.  don't take megadoses though.

Guest Singh

I want to get better, I want to get over this but things are getting worse before they get better. I’m really hoping this is not something I have to deal with the rest of my life.

Here is what I’ve tried so far:  herbs, teas, ardas,psychologists, deep breathing, meditating, exercise, listening to path,family dr who prescribed anti anxiety pills and antidepressants, psychiatrist, echart tolle,counselling.  I’m at the point where I don’t know what else could work. The antidepressants and making me worse, family thinks I’ve gone crazy 

On 10/27/2019 at 5:20 AM, Guest Singh said:

The antidepressants and making me worse, family thinks I’ve gone crazy 

How long you been taking them   because when you take them  they first make you even more depressed and then it gets better. When your first take them it first makes you go down and then after you start feeling better and your mood goes up 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• how do we know how far it has changed from what Allah revealed , UTHman destroyed all written copies and the warriors who had memorised had been killed or died by that time ? Then qureshi  changed it to make themselves as higher than regular folks as only able to become imams/sheikhs . We know that the Jewish faith was compromised by behaviours of David, Solomon and the priestly caste , including pagan faith ideas , The temple was destroyed because they started going away from serving Elohim  and doing idol worship. , Jesus heard the word but his followers changed it to established the Roman church to transform the empires appearence .They also introduced a priest class and harsh rules against women , when Jesus had female parchariks . Lakshman was also a paapi because he disfigures Ravan's sister by cutting off her nose , so much for not looking at a female's face. He also criticises Ram for accepting the jhoota ber from the poor woman . The treatment of women in mahabharat is disgusting  , Khrishna was watching women's bathing , stealing their clothes for what reason? kaam of course . where the haumai is fed in a priest class the faith will become deformed by their greed , mediaval churches taught eternal hellfire to scare money out of the poor and rich alike . Sikhi was written directly over 230years and nurtured by Guru Sahiban themselves , no milavat , no priests only gursikhs doing sewa, that also open to Females .
    • teji bachan , Amitabh's mum was his plaything also , he was the result that's why Nehru got her married to a poet Mr  Bachan to hide the truth . That is why Mama Amitabh got so riled up when she died
    • Which tagore  rabinder nath?  Yh I read about her sleeping with white men as well     she really took after her father , nehru was sleeping with mountbattens wife   
    • That's true    it's why I stopped cutting my dhari   I read a lot about how sikhs were tortured in punjab back in the 80s and 90s and how 1000s "disappeared"  majority of them were sikhs with kesh and dhari  they were tortured because of their sikhi and sikh appearance, so I thought to myself why should I look like them corrupt governments want me to look like, a mona,   so I stopped trimming my beard     I dont like submitting to people 
    • Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh, Sare piare Nanak Naam Lehva Sangat nu Guru Nanak Dev ji di Prakash Purab nu lakh lakh vadiyan

Important Information

Terms of Use