Baba Sarbjot Singh Bedi - IMPORTANT

kam1825

It brings me great joy to say that Baba Sarbjot Singh Ji Bedi who are Guru Nanak Dev Jis 17th direct descendants are in the UK for only one day on the 14th of december 2004. please all come meet them they will be at my massis house in southall so go to get there tommorrow also.

Baba Ji are the head of the sant samaj, panthic morcha and greatly respected in all the sikh samparday.

They will be at the following address

16 Wren Avenue,

Southall

Middlesex

UV2 5EJ

you can also contact me on

07742355473 or my massi (Davinder Kaur) on 07980859712

Please come this is as rare as it gets Baba Ji have never come to britain before and are only coming as the britsh government have personally asked them.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, are we not all descendants of Sahib Guru Nanak Dev Ji. I do not wish to funny, but I do not think any descendancy or lineage makes any difference. A look at history of Guru sahibaan is a perfect example of this. We had Guru Arjan dev ji one side, and his direct brother was held in a different way.

Yes Baba Sarabjot is a panthik figure and should be respected as such.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, are we not all descendants of Sahib Guru Nanak Dev Ji. I do not wish to funny, but I do not think any descendancy or lineage makes any difference. A look at history of Guru sahibaan is a perfect example of this. We had Guru Arjan dev ji one side, and his direct brother was held in a different way.

Yes Baba Sarabjot is a panthik figure and should be respected as such.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

AGREE! ^_^

Please tell us more about his jeevan... shouldnt matter bout lineage as mentioned above. If you have this descendant of one of the opressors like Jahangir or Aurangzeb, you cant call them evil automatically. Their life, their jeevan is what should interest us.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Of course, the individual's own jeevan and avastha/pyaar towards the Guru is an important factor, it is perhaps THE most important factor in how an individual should be judged in terms of them providing an example of how to lead a Gursikh lifestyle. This is, as mentioned above, demonstrated by how the Guru's treated their own family/offspring: the Gurgaddi passed to Guru Angad Dev Jee, because He followed the Guru's Hukam more than Guru Nanak Dev Jee's own son. Also, Baba Ram Rai was banished by Guru Har Rai Jee for misrepresenting Gurbani in the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb's court.

However, I think family lineage does make the person worthy of some respect. There is a Saakhi of when Baba Sri Chand (Guru Nanak's eldest son) came to see Guru Ram Das Jee, and he asked Guru Jee why they had such a long beard. Guru Ram Das Jee replied that I have a long beard so that I can clean the feet of Holy Saints such as yourselves. Baba Sri Chand understood at this point, and remarked, that the reason why the Gurgaddi passed outside the family clan of Guru Nanak was because the other Sikhs had greater Nimartaa (Humbleness) than he did. The point is that even though Guru Ram Das Jee was Guru, they still had great respect for Guru Nanak Dev Jee's blood family.

There are also references in Gurbani (sorry I haven't got them at hand) and in Sikh history that the Jeevans of great Sikhs are enough to liberate entire generations of their family. Who can be a greater Gursikh than Guru Nanak Dev Jee?

Therefore, although family lineage does entitle the individual to respect, as Baba Sarbjot

Singh Jee Bedi is, it is of course the individual's duty (as in the case of Baba Ram Rai and Dhirmala) not to abuse that position.

Just the thoughts of a moorakh

Bhul Chuk Maaf

However, I think family lineage does make the person worthy of some respect. There is a Saakhi of when Baba Sri Chand (Guru Nanak's eldest son) came to see Guru Ram Das Jee, and he asked Guru Jee why they had such a long beard. Guru Ram Das Jee replied that I have a long beard so that I can clean the feet of Holy Saints such as yourselves. Baba Sri Chand understood at this point, and remarked, that the reason why the Gurgaddi passed outside the family clan of Guru Nanak was because the other Sikhs had greater Nimartaa (Humbleness) than he did. The point is that even though Guru Ram Das Jee was Guru, they still had great respect for Guru Nanak Dev Jee's blood family.

Dhan Dhan Guru Ram Das Ji ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^