WHY ONLY CHRISTMAS???

paul_84

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Gurfateh!

Just been reading this thread, seems like Gill Ji and Singhavelli Ji has a passionate night of debate :TH: this might be of interest to you or it may not but it's Gurbani so i shall share... As far as i'v read, Maharaaj Ji doesnt mention Jesus ( if anyone else knows differently that would be great :wub: ) However Maharaaj Ji mentions Moses,

goiel vwsw cwr idn nwauN Drwien eIsy mUsy]

This is sikhitothemax's translation : May be some one has named himself after Christ or Moses, but in this world all are to stay for a few days.

Im guessing that that translation has been elaborated on to just prove the point Bhai Gudaas ji is making.

I'm assuming if they knew of Moses then the name of Jesus must have been have also been heard.

Also if i can remeber correctly (from discovery channel tongue.gif ) Saint Thomas who was one of Jesus' apostles went to SW India in AD 52 and that whole Kerala region. And in the Acts of Thomas (don't know if this is legendary, but all legends have roots) St. Thomas visited Gondophares, King of the Indo- Pathians. He ruled over the

Kabul valley and the Punjab.

St Francis Xavier was a missionary to India in 1542, the same kerala region, he reported the people saying they were Christian but lacking any priests to do mass and other Christian rituals. He also went to Sri Lanka.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaaj, in their 2nd udasi (1506- 1513) went to the same region of India, so again im assuming they may have met people belonging to Christianity, however for whatever reason, Guru Maharaaj Ji hasnt mentioned Jesus!!!

Well i just thought i'd share that with you all, i probabily make some mistakes so please correct me if i have and apologies if i'v said anything to offend anyone.

Bhul chuk maaf!

Gurfateh!!!

god job khalsa fauji...

frankly, that was a "good" debate between gil;l and singhaveli, cuz they kept it with love, and it didn't get outta hand with insults or anything

but, igood job to khalsa fauji, because Jesus and Moses (As has been shown) are in fact mentioned in gurbani.... it's a question alotta people ask, because clearly, the names "Jesus" and "Moses" aren't used, but rather...eesai and mussai and variations on that, i do believe

i remember a post on Sikhawareness that asked whether sikhi had any reference of the semitic religions, and there were many quotes and lines from gurbani provided to show that guruji knew of the existence of jesus and his fellowship

as far as cnotributing to the debate, i think it's a fence that people are undoubtedly gonna be on either side of.

i have no problems in my eyes of seeing Jesus as a prophet..... in fact, (and tis is where ppl will shoot me down, i know it), whether he ate meat, or drank wine..or NOT, isn't going to change my opinion....in other words, it's not the sikhi path he was following, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be recognized as a prophet for the path that he was following.

After all, he stood up for the less-privaledged... he sacrificied himself for the good of others.... clearly he kept long hair.. those morals should count for something, and to me they do, and thus i have no problems saying that Jesus Christ was a prophet... do i celebrate christmas? not really.... probably not at all to be honest.. especially considering he was born in april, not in december