our gurudwara sahib in moscow1

ramnik

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear friends wjkk wjkf,

i am staying here for past 71/2 years , i am doing phd here in russian language so i can speak read and write in russian. moscow is a very beautiful city full of museums, ballet theatres, art galleries etc. and did you know, russian language belongs to the indo-european group of languages, sanskrit and russian have 10000 simillar words. do come to russia and show these people who the sikhs are. these people are not bad people, they are very friendly when they come to know you. but they lack spiritualism. they lived without religion for so many years as the communist party had banned religion. i had a few bad incidents here, but i could have had them anywhere in the world.there are around 400 sikhs here in moscow doing business or working, most of them are afghani sikhs without families. they do a lot of seva and very kattar sikhs. our main problem is government is not alloting place for gurudwara sahib.

if anybody does want to help, i think they can help by having camps here, gatka classes, classes of punjabi language, by sending kirtan jathas etc and by sending us material in punjabi and in english. i will consider myself lucky to distribute. we dont need finance , i think we can manage ourselves. do keep in touch all of you.

ramnik singh kohli

that is great, but from what I understand my brothers and sisters have it very hard in russia. As they do not recognise sikhi as a faith, and not many gurdwaras.

How is the postion of sikhs there, veerji?