Anyone From Vancouver B.C. Plz Wanna Help.??

paul_84

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

gurfateh...today im just neeeding some help and i thought maybe i could just ask for some help over here im just requesting if there is any1 frum vancouver over here that can help me find a job plz inform me ..gurfateh!!

BHULL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__//\\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sorry i forgot to tell bout all dat ma bad well im 16 and i just want any kind of job and i know that being my first job it'll prolly be minimum wages bu thats fine with me i just wanna keep myself busy after school and all and ill feel more confortable working in an environment were there are actually east indian people so just asking for some help in getting that ....gurfateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

For afterschool weekend jobs the most obvious places I can think of are fast food restaurants, retail outlets at the malls, and community centres.

Even if they are not advertising, you can often go to someone there and ask for an application for a part time job for a student. Put your application in and someone who was not advertising may give you a call. Many people give out applicaitons for the asking and keep them on file. You may wish to work in some place that is aligned with your interests. eg. sports retail outlet, major bookstore etc.

You are doing the right thing getting the word out here. You may want to consider volunteering once a week while you are doing the job search. You get valuable experience, contribute to your community and also get an opportunity to get a good reference.

If you explain a bit more about what you are looking for or if you have more questions as you go through the process please ask will help as much as possible. Are you willing to share some of your longer term career interests? Perhaps you could get some job related to exploring this or perhaps related to another interest or hobby.

just an idea in case you are willing to do some walking after school. i had many jobs throughout school and sometimes literally created jobs, other times i literally went door knocking to various businesses.

Sikhs really need to get their foot in mainstream media esp in vancouver. I'm not suggesting that at 16 you're about to take over the newspaper but if you simply are surrounded by that environment you will learn much that can serve your sikh community. it's simply a great place to learn more about how the world around you functions...and who knows maybe one day you will take over the paper.

ask if they have any labour jobs for students at various community and city newspaper offices that are close to you. some community newspapers may wish to have someone who brings language or cultural assets from a minority community. perhaps you can call to punjabi businesses to advertise in mainstream papers. just one idea there could be many more.

no matter what you do paul, remember to persevere and never give up!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

man...really this job searching is a headache..... i m in third year electrical engineering and i need a job for 4 months as a co-op (work term)ill trying ...no luck

just wondering ......any1 with contacts of any electrical/computer engineer in canada....who can give me a job for 4 months....

:wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

gurfateh...today im just neeeding some help and i thought maybe i could just ask for some help over here im just requesting if there is any1 frum vancouver over here that can help me find a job plz inform me ..gurfateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

u should have a family friend or relative that can reference u somewhere. hidden job market works best :TH: