Hara-Kiri Death of a Samurai

dallysingh101

Just putting this out there. I watched this last night (was on netflix or Amazon Prime? can't remember). I think it's well worth a watch for the themes it touches on, ones that certain Singhs might relate to. Honour, poverty, caste expectations, family, patronage and much more. 

It's not an action film, but I think it was good. The Japanese cultural visuals were astounding!  Going to watch something else tonight and not train. 

I was going to post a trailer for the film but having just seen it, I think it gives too much of the plot away and ruins plot twists so I decided not to. So if it's something you might want to watch, do so without watching the trailer maybe?

Hara-Kiri: Death Of A Samurai | Reviews | Screen

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Just putting this out there. I watched this last night (was on netflix or Amazon Prime? can't remember). I think it's well worth a watch for the themes it touches on, ones that certain Singhs might relate to. Honour, poverty, caste expectations, family, patronage and much more. 

It's not an action film, but I think it was good. The Japanese cultural visuals were astounding!  Going to watch something else tonight and not train. 

I was going to post a trailer for the film but having just seen it, I think it gives too much of the plot away and ruins plot twists so I decided not to. So if it's something you might want to watch, do so without watching the trailer maybe?

Hara-Kiri: Death Of A Samurai | Reviews | Screen

You have no idea how releived I am they spelled it correctly. Everyone always says it like it's a horrible nickname for girl. Hairy Carey. 

Hara is your physical and spiritual center in the Yamato view. And you kiri, or cut it open to reveal your truth to be seen.