Questions in Sikhi

Big_Tera

I have come a few questions that get asked on Sikhi. 

Is Sikh faith an actual religion? Not sure what people mean when they ask this or what they are getting at. 

Did Guru Nanak Create Sikh religion? Or is Sikhi based on Guru Ji Philosophy..

Why does Sikhi have so much similarity with Hinduism? I've reincarnation, Karma? 

Where did Sikhs get the one God belief. Did they copy this from Islam. Some say Guru Nanak was influenced by Islam??

Btw these are just questions I've come across. I'm not saying these a valid questions.

1 hour ago, Big_Tera said:

I have come a few questions that get asked on Sikhi. 

Is Sikh faith an actual religion? Not sure what people mean when they ask this or what they are getting at. 

Did Guru Nanak Create Sikh religion? Or is Sikhi based on Guru Ji Philosophy..

Why does Sikhi have so much similarity with Hinduism? I've reincarnation, Karma? 

Where did Sikhs get the one God belief. Did they copy this from Islam. Some say Guru Nanak was influenced by Islam??

Btw these are just questions I've come across. I'm not saying these a valid questions.

1. We are a dharam not a religion. The term religion is a western definition.

2. Guru Nanak Dev Ji made a start on this dharam but he was in my opinion starting something which existed inside of us since forever.

3. Sikhi will have similarly with Hindu dharams as we have come from the same part of the world. Also because Hindus have got some things right in terms of reincarnation and karma so they have similar concepts but they have not grasped them fully like our Gurus showed us.

4. It is not one god but one-ness. The concept of one has always been there. The Islamic concept of one God is not the same as ours. Ours is much more in depth. The Islamic concept is one thing to the lay person and a completely different thing to their scholars and their higher ups.

5. Guru Nanak did not copy anything from anyone. Neither was he influenced. He used concepts and terminology that the people of the subcontinent would be able to comprehend to connect to the one.

Here is an anology for you.

If the truth was a cake, Sikhi would be the whole cake.

If you cut the cake into several slices. You have difference slices. Hindu dharam is one slice and Islam is another slice. Even if you have these slices, Sikhi would be all the slices. 

You should read mool mantar and japji sahib.

Don't be lazy.