Suffering & Depressed

Guest user5467123

Guest user5467123

I’m not sure where to start or where to begin. 

I am due to get married and live together with my partner soon. I have recently lost my job.

I have been praying to Waheguru all week to help me but nothing has helped. In fact I don’t know why this is happening. I have prayed to Waheguru on a daily and wished him to help me but I just feel like it has gone in the opposite direction. 

I have spoken to my partner and she has reassured me that things will get better but I just don’t want to be here anymore. I feel so hopeless. Everyday I chant Waheguru to myself through the day weather I’m leaving to go somewhere to I’m about to do something. 

Why am I feeling like this? My body is so drained and sad. I literally shake on a daily basis over the past 3 days and have cried everyday. 

I have even taken off my Kura because I just feel so hopeless. What have I done to deserve this. 

I have always believed in do good to receive good. I don’t smoke and I do drink occasionally only if there is functions here and there. 

I want to just feel normal again. I have contacted my doctors but they just want to refer me to get therapy and give me medicine which I condone. 

My family is Sikh although they are not Amrit dhari they still have strong Sikh beliefs. I attend the Gurdwara when there is an occasion or when something good happens. 

My main question here today is to know what I should do, my family don’t believe in depression and in fact they look at it the wrong way. I don’t want to suffer anymore I just want Waheguru to help me. 

I’m 22 years old I don’t know which Paath I should listen to that can help me. 

I can speak and understand Punjabi but cannot read it. Is there anything I should read or listen or even do that can help me. 

I never thought I would suffer like this so young but sometimes I just don’t want to even be here. What can I do for Waheguru to help me I don’t want to turn to bad things such as alcohol abuse because I still believe in god deep down. 

is there any Shabad I can listen to that can help me feel calmer and happier. 

is it wrong to listen to Phaath through my headphones if I go to the gym? 

I hope someone can reach out and guide me in what I can do as I do want to learn more about my religion. I do the mool mantra but I only know up to Nanak Hosi Pi Sach.

I’m Sorry if I mis spelt or have been rude.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guesti

Dear writer Ji,

It's not wrong to listen to Bani through headphones while being in the gym.

When you do Simran, you should listen to your own voice while saying Vaheguru, with closed eyes, and don't 

You haven't written a particular reason why you are said...

But I suggest you to maybe take a holiday trip to Punjab, go to Sri Harimandir Sahib, darbar Sahib, do ishnaan there, don't take your whole family with, just only you and your wife!!!. Otherwise you won't enjoy, or be able to take the peace from there.im telling you!

sukhmani Sahib is an awesome baani to read or listen to.

And just do ardaas one time before Sri guru Granth Sahib Ji parkaash, and then accept what happens. Because Sikhs are supposed to accept hukam.

Don't be too much with your family. They won't help you, if they don't even take your depression serious.

It's so great, good that you don't give up doing paath, praying to Vaheguru. Look you're blessed to be able to read paath or to even say mool mantar.

When you go to the gurdwara, look for some right Sangat of Gursikhs, which you can do Simran or kirtan with.

Wishing you health, naam Di daat and Satsangat.

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji ki fateh Vaheguru jioo

On 7/6/2023 at 7:10 PM, Guest user5467123 said:

My main question here today is to know what I should do, my family don’t believe in depression and in fact they look at it the wrong way. I don’t want to suffer anymore I just want Waheguru to help me. 

I’m 22 years old I don’t know which Paath I should listen to that can help me. 

I can speak and understand Punjabi but cannot read it. Is there anything I should read or listen or even do that can help me. 

Many people in life have ups and downs. As much as you might feel it, you aren't alone in this. 

You're still young. In today economic climate, you're not alone in experiencing issues with employment either. 

It's good that you've acknowledged your feelings. Your journey out of your current state may be gradual. Try and do little things that bring you some measure of joy to fight back from your current state. 

In my experience time spent immersing yourself into your dharmic heritage is super beneficial in these types of situations. Sukhmani Sahib is widely used by people to help them obtain some measure of calm and peace in times of strife. If you want to take it up a notch, from my experience Jaap Sahib is also very powerful. Maybe now is a time when you could start taking little steps towards learning how to read Panjabi and Gurbani? It would be time well spent.    Also Japji Sahib is very powerful too. It's arguably the essence of Sikhi. 

Keep your head up, and heal. We have a very strong, broad culture. Immerse yourself into it. 

If you want to explore counselling, do that too. 

Dukh daru Sukhh rog paiya, jaan sukh taim nah honeen.