UK Elections

H4RPAL

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think it depends on which constituency you are in. I think there is a Sikh bibi who wears Keski standing for the Lib dems in Heston, so if any of you live there I think you should seriously consider voting for her. Wouldn't it be great if for once we get a proper Singh or Singhni into parliament rather then the usual indian workers association / ex communist monay who only put 'singh' in their name when they need your votes and then lick the indian government's boots.

I live in Ealing-Southall and the present MP is a waste of space. He's only good at getting behzti ( not the play ) from his leadership, his only claim to ever being in the news was when the labour party tried to get him to move from his usual seat in the house which was a few rows being Tony Blair and put a young good looking woman MP in his seat so that Tony Blair would look good!!

Last time around (2001) there were two other Sikhs ( monay though ) who stood so that made the election interesting. It would be great if some party put up a Singh or Singhni they would get my vote even if it was the bhang party

GurFateh

Bikramjit

yh that bibi is satnam Kaur Khalsa I belive, she's wiked. Lib Dems all the way. oh and the labour mayor for eayling looks good, keshadhrhi singh, dhara and everything. G something grin.gif gurcharan singh i think

Gurfateh!!

Labour MP Khalid Mahmood (Perry Barr, Birmingham). Was in full support of the Sikhs during the whole "behzti" controversy.

Even though he's Muslim nothing wrong with voting for him :TH:

Unfortunatly in most placest there isn't an option of voting for a Singh/Singhni so choose who you think would stand up for Sikhi.

Gurfateh!!

I think it was also Khalid Mahmood who attended the 1984 candlelight vigil in B'ham if I remember correctly- he seemed quite genuine, but then politicians always do. I take back some of my stance on the Liberals- vote Satnam Kaur Khalsa- I believe she is married to "the man in blue" who writes in the Sikh Times (UK)- I think this is someone who truly will do her best not only for the Sikh community, but all other constituents too.