Singh's Pride

singhnee~22

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i found this on another forum and thought it would be important to share with all u guys...

Singh's Pride

Author: warrior*princess

Date: 01-21-05 07:48

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

I'm not really sure how to start what I need to say and have been wanting to say this for a long time amongst other issues that the sangat really needs to take serious note on. It may sound like a minor concept, but somehow it means everything.

In regards to Singh's, my plea is; please be proud of your beard. Just the way a lion looks so brave and courageous, the same way the beard on a Singh makes him look beautiful and true.

Any Singh who is willing to leave his beard flowing, has some sort of pride and deep bravery towards Sikhi and life. This is what makes another Sikh proud upon seeing such an image.

There is no need to feel alienated when walking the streets. So what if some people don't like the beard, do/did you really need their acceptance or approval!!?

I think that it is all to do with self-esteem within yourself. If you wear something with pride, you will be percieved with the same notion by other eyes.

Having the beard is one of things that makes a Singh complete.

I have seen those that tie it back or attempt to do a tuck.. frankly it is not attractive but more importantly it seems as though the singh wants to hide and not be courageous. Ultimately, this style seems to hinder the pride of the dastaar and very image of the Singh.

For those that do tie it, I don't want them to feel that i have

misjudged them...who am i to judge another.. but do consider this, if you do think you are truly brave inside, then why not leave your beard free. Maybe we are lackking self-esteem here.

Now Think! If this message came from a Singhni... why do you fear the opinions and thoughts of others when there are Sikhs who approve of a Singh with an open beard.

Afterall, isnt being courageous one of the true features of a Singh! Let everyone see what a true Singh is made of!

here's the site:

Singh's Pride

This reply is good too posted by "SSS"

--------

>>>>>>I have seen those that tie it back or attempt to do a tuck.. frankly it is not attractive but more importantly it seems as though the singh wants to hide and not be courageous. Ultimately, this style seems to hinder the pride of the dastaar and very image of the Singh.

I usually tie or tuck my beard on many occasion *NOT* because i want to hide my identity or that i am afraid of anyone. One have to accept and respect all type of people and their different lifestyle.

>>>>>>Let everyone see what a true Singh is made of!

One cannot find True singhs that easily. If I see singh with open dhari and their unique peharava that doesn't mean he is *True Singh*. I have to keep sangat with that person for quite bit of time and then only my mind will know whether this person's sangat is good or bad for my soul. IF that person is bad then it also does not mean i go on street and shout "These types of people" are bad. If one has to use judgment for their personal reason then he needs to look into character much deeper rather looking on pehrava [Outer appearance] which can be deceiving sometime.

its not only singh's pride, its also singhneea's pride as well. i see that many girls wearing a distraar are starting to become more materialistic. They used to be so chardikala, and follow their rehit maryada no matter what others said... and now i see them either bleaching or laser removle, even taking their distaars off! no.gif it really hurts to see girls doing this kind of stuff. There's younger kids who used to look up at them and see true singhneea, even kids as young as 5 got inspired and started wearing a distaar, now they see their 'hero' bleacing etc... i think that we just need to remind our selves that as long as Guru Ji knows ur the most beautifull person on this earth...then nothing else matters. It really truly hurts not only people who look up to u, but Guru Ji as well....y should we be embarrassed with something that Guru Ji gave us??