Kesh

V

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I know theres been a few post on this, but i can't find any right now after searching so much!

Okay, so I need some instructions hwo to di Sanskar of kes.

I've got them in a box right now, when next....

Let's not turn this into a how much respect shoudl we have - arn't u exaggeration whatever, if someone can answer the question i would apprecaite it a lot liek bullet points

thanks a lot

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I have never done it my self...but ive seen my dad do it...

You have to do agni peta next...so we just usually take the kesh to the garage and do it there..(dont worry..the smell will fade away lol)

Then you just take the ashes and spread them in a river. We live in Calgary, so we just take them to the Bow River.

And yaa..thats abt it!!..hope it helps

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

WJKKWJKP!

This is my own personal beliefs and is done out of respect and satkaar to my Kakaar.

Firstly, once i have gathered all the Kes together in a bag I would wrap the bag in an orange Keski or dastar and place them in front of Guroo Maahaaraaj. (Maahaaraaj is staying with us at home.) I recite the Ardaas, ask for Guroo Saahibs permission and ask for forgiveness if i have made any errors or if im about to make any errors. Then i will set up a small platform outside made out of bricks, the platform comes up to approx a metre tall so that its well off the ground. Once the platform is prepared i put paper at the bottom and small sticks ontop of them. I will then get the bag of Kes and placing them on my head as i walk from Guroo Saahibs room to the garden doing simran all the way. Place the the bag of Kes on top of the sticks then add some more sticks on top. Once i feel there is enough fuel (sticks and paper) i will do a small Ardaas again ask for forgiveness if there were any short-comings, ask that Guroo Saahib will bless us with Kes Daan and the blessings to never let My Kakaars be removed from my body. Once i am satisfied with everything i will light the paper and do 5 Jakaaraae.

On finishing, do JapJee Saahib and Ardaas then deposit the remains in a flowing river, stream. (preferabally a clean one!)

Like I said before, this is what I do...you do not have to follow this precedure but this is what a True Guroo Kaa Sikh told me - a mere Moorakh.

Hope this helps...

May the True Guroo Save his Guroo Khaalsaa Panth!

WJKKWJKP!

Thanks for the explaination Taksali Singh :umm: respect.gif

kesh is kesh right so would u do the same thing if the kesh were some personal body part?

Bhaji, would you throw The Old Kanga Guru Sahib ji blessed u with which isn't wokring very well into the garbage?

or the spare Siri SAhib which is blunt whcih Guru Maharaj ji bleesed you with would you throw it?

Notice the NOT use of YOUR Kanga, YOUR Kirpan, cause it never was ours.

Anyways I don't want this thread to go of topic blush.gif

thanks for posting that TAksali SIngh SAHib

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!