A woman's point of view....

Guest Sony

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was just that Sony Kaur’s line in the initial post about gurbani directly telling us that women and men are equal in sikhi caught my attention.

pul chuk maaf......

Fateh

To Davinder SIngh...

Veerji, all sikhi ever says enough about is equality. THat is what we SIKHS are known for .. Sony has given us so many gurbani lines from Sri Guru Granth sahib on equality. It says on a general point that everyone is equal so why cant you take it that men and women are equal ?? grin.gif

MOD:REPEATDLY MODS AND ADMIN HAVE SAID HERE NOT TO DISCUSS ON BIBIYAAN TO BE IN PANJ OR NOT, BUT THE DISCUSSION CONTINUES IF THIS HAPPENS THE THREAD WILL AGAIN GET CLOSED PLSS DONOT DISCUSS ABT THIS ISSUE A REQUEST TO GURU PYARE SANGAT.
A healthy discussion is for once being done, why can't we let it run smoothly as it's going grin.gif

Ak-47 Veer ji, I apologize for that comment, however I still do disagree with you about Bibiya being part of Panj.

So if yo happened to go to An Amrit Sanchar with a sInghnee standing there - would u leave just on the basis there was a SInghnee there+

we need to think that - if Guru Gobind SIngh ji is our Father, then does your (not spekaing about any forum member, but generally) father discriminated his daughters and sons?

does he treat the Sons with more respect and give them more 'rights' and allows the son to do most?

I doubt Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji discriminates his children.

I have toa gree with Kulpreet Singh ji -

we need to distinguish what's an 'adaat' and what's 'maryada'.

In my opinion Maryada is created by Guru Sahib, and 'addata(n)', whiel some being based on maryaa some are NOT.

Bulx AMdir sBu ko ABulu gurU krqwru ]

bhulan a(n)dhar sabh ko abhul guroo karathaar ||

Everyone makes mistakes; only the Guru and the Creator are infallible.

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Dassan Daas Jeeo, where have a said that bibbian are not equal. Having no bibbian in an amritsanchaar does not make them inferior, or does it somehow mean that automatically? Could you quote out of my posts where I have said bibbian are not equal to singhs. I just pointed out that gurbani does not address this equality issue and thats it. Gurbani only talks about having respect towards bibbian(in assa dee vaar) If you read my posts you'll see that I am for Bibbian's equality but just not for bibbian in the panj...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Dassan Daas Jeeo, where have a said that bibbian are not equal. Having no bibbian in an amritsanchaar does not make them inferior, or does it somehow mean that automatically? Could you quote out of my posts where I have said bibbian are not equal to singhs. I just pointed out that gurbani does not address this equality issue and thats it. Gurbani only talks about having respect towards bibbian(in assa dee vaar) If you read my posts you'll see that I am for Bibbian's equality but just not for bibbian in the panj...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Veerji that is what im trying to get at also ...

Gurbani says all are equal... im sorry if i targeted you.. but im just trying to prove that gurbani DOES show that all are equal and hence, women shoudl be allowed in the panj...

... its ok if you want to believe that they shouldnt be.. everyone have their own views but this is a important view from me.. and i strongly agree that bibian should be allowed in the panj and that there should be no controversy...

bhul chuk maph

veerji, didnt meant to target u ..

If you read my posts you'll see that I am for Bibbian's equality but just not for bibbian in the panj...

Veerji, why is this? because there were no woman in the panj in the beginning? and if this is the case then what about the different castes?

Im not trying to pick on you, im sorry. But like everyone has said here, we've had such a civilized conversation, and I have to say I've learned a lot. and I see this as another oppurtunity to learn from you. For example, I did not know that Sant Bindrawale was against it to, I can see that you are for womans equality, however, (instead of such a long post - sorry :umm: ) if you can just summerize, why u feel they shouldnt be. so far im getting that its because woman were not in the panj in the beginning and keeping to the maryadha, they should not be in right now. right?

pul chuk maaf

Fateh