Training periods

V

Guest Daljit singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I m now looking for work.... I m having an application conversation on Friday. As I m going with dastaar, and I dont think they will accept me....

Is there any thing that i have to remind on the application conversation maybe during the Training period( is that a word? :cool: @, i m very bad in English ). Or things i can take care of/ any tips?

I m very nervous rolleyes.gifno.gifgrin.gif :umm:

Don't be nervous.

As I m going with dastaar, and I dont think they will accept me....

Change tha attitude. Remember in England soem companies have been hiring Sikhs over other people because they are SIKHS. So keep Faith in Maharaj and think

they WILL ACCEPT ME because I'm wearing Maharaj ji's Jewel :umm: :cool:

Not veyr much i can say, as i'm not at tha stage yet, but just take it easy :TH:

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Paaji all I can say:

"Respect yourself, and let their respect shine from you"

If you scared, timid and not confident about dastaar - then unfortunately that will show! and people pick up on it and treat you accordingly.

A silly example:

there used to be a woman at work. She was really over-weight. However, she never found it a problem. From her personallity, how she portrayed and carried herself across to people, how she talked, walked and spoke... she was confident and never brought across the feeling "hey look - i am fat!".

To be honest - people never thought "look she is fat!" - only once i thought to myself - "this lady is so overweight and usually people would take the mick or dwell on it - but because she is so bubbly and confident she doesnt allow the person interacting with her to think of her as fat, but to think as her funny or a good person" (another characteristic rather than her weight).

Tips:

1/ Look in the mirror and say to yourself, and repeat a few time -

"I am wearing a crown! I am the son of the King of Kings, Guru Gobind Singh Ji!"

2/ Walking to the interview think "i have nothing to lose - i get the job or don't get the job - i have nothing to lose! they (the work) need me, i don't need them!" (smile to yourself for at least 5 mins while walking or if thats too freaky for u then perhaps do that at home p

'http://forums.waheguroo.com/html/emoticons/think.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='think.gif'> )... this will make your face muscles relax and increase your happy hormones

3/ Do Ardaas (prayer) - "Maharaaj I am yours. I have nothing to be affraid of. If you wish to give me this job, then so be it. If not, then you know best. Vaaheguroo all I ask is that with Your Grace I do my best in the interview and keep my head high and proud and keep faith in Your Will."

:TH:

Keep in chardikala and be confident

Food for thought

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

everyone else here is right! If you go into the interview with the attitude that you won't get the job, do you really think they are gonna give it to you?

Be strong, and don't worry about your dastaar. Worry about making yourself sound good and appropriate for the job, and you'll get it!!!

Its never failed w/ me, and I'm sure if you have the right attitude, it'll work for you too!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Vahegurooo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ka Fateh!

I wear a damalla and I have found there to be no restraints nor restrictions. I have been blessed and honoured to wear by Gurus crown for the passed year and a half . Always, keep a positive mental attitude.

Preparation and positive outlook is important. If you dont get the job, so what!!!! Its their loss not yours (PMA), there is plenty more opportunities. Life is full of opportunities and life is full of learning experience and one of these is at interviews.

Do you know how long it took me to get towhere I am today, approx a year and a half, I must of had 25 interviews or so, but I didnt look at it as, oh why am I not getting the job. (I must add that I did not have my Gurus roop and I looked like a gora or a jew as a hindu friend once commented on my appearance at the time :umm: )

I analysed ever interview that I took, the sort of questions they asked, what my responses were like. I did my research on how my body language should be, eye contact, being focused on my goals, etc, etc.

The more interviews I attended the better my interview skills got. :nihungsmile:

REMEMBER What doesnt kill you, it will only make you stronger :e:

Good luck :TH:

Vahegurooo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vahegurooo Ji Ka Fateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Some good words of wisdom in the above posts....

Bhaji, I'm sure there's probably loads of websites giving good tips on applications, CVs, interviews etc..I've personally got some good summary literature from my uni careers service...

try this...

Good luck JeeO...everything will work out.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!