Jump to content

Interesting stories

Recommended Posts


im new to this so bear with me.

i just wanted to know if anyone had any links to some intresting stories of the Sants and Warriers of 'our' time (like Baba Deep Singh).

my Veer told me the story of when Baba Deep Singh carried on fighting with his head decapitated until he reacher Amritsar and wanted to read this in detail. also of any stories of other such wars fought by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.


Kally Sahota


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Baba Deep Singh Ji

Baba Deep Singh was a Gur Sikh belonging to the village Pahuwind in the district of Amritsar. He was tall, strong, and uncommonly brave. He had received baptism from the hands of Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself. He was a bold and fearless saint-soldier, ever ready to risk his life for the Panth. He took a praiseworthy part in many battles of Baba Banda Singh and helped him to win victories. Beside being a strong and fearless warrior, he was a great scholar. In fact, he was one of the most scholarly Sikhs of his time. Along with Bhai Mani Singh, he prepared the final text of Guru Granth Sahib at Damdama Sahib with the help of Guru Gobind Singh. Afterwards, too, he stayed and worked at the sacred place. He was in charge of that Gurdwara. He spent his time in preparing copies of Guru Granth Sahib. Some he wrote with his own hands. Others he had written under his direct supervision. Copies of the Sacred Guru Granth Sahib written in his own hand or issued by him with his approval were accepted as most authentic. At the time that we are talking of, Ahmad Shah Abdali was in India on his fourth invasion. On his return from Delhi, he stayed for some time at Lahore. He had experienced a good deal of trouble at the hands of the Sikhs. Hence, while staying at Lahore, he sent out a force to punish the Sikhs at Amritsar. The city was plundered. The sacred buildings including Sri Darbar Sahib were demolished. The sacred tank was filled up.

The news what had been done to the holy places at Amritsar soon reached Damdama Sahib. On hearing it, Baba Deep Singh felt as if an arrow had pierced his heart. At once he decided to go to Amritsar and avenge the insult to the sacred places there. No sooner said than done. He started immediately. A band of five hundred Sikhs volunteered to accompany him. He announced that the coming Diwali festival would be celebrated at Amritsar. Sikhs went on joining him as he went along. By the time he reached Taran Taaran, he had about 5000 men with him. All of them were eager to win martyrdom in the sacred cause. All of them bathed in the sacred tank of Taran Taaran. Then they offered prayers. They put on the dress of bridegrooms. They tied festal ribbons called ganas on their wrists. They sprinkled saffron on their robes. Thus dressed, they marched forth to wed Princess death. Jahan Khan, deputy governor of Lahore, learnt that the Sikhs were gathering at Amritsar to celebrate their annual fair. At that time, one Haji Atai Khan was moving about with a large force. His object was to put down opposition and disorder in the countryside. Jahan Khan ordered Atai Khan to march upon Amritsar and punish the Sikhs. At the same time, a jehad or holy Muslim war was proclaimed with the beat of drums. All Muhammadans were called upon to join the army of mujahids, or soldiers bent upon holy war, against rebel Sikhs.

Jahan Khan was thus able to collect 2000 horsemen. He proceeded at their head to meet the Sikhs advancing under Baba Deep Singh. The two forces met near Gohalwar, halfway between Taran Taaran and Amritsar. The Sikhs fought with such force and bravery that the Muhammadan army fled in all directions. Jahan Khan tried to rally them with threats. But his threats had no effect on the fleeing mujahids. By then, Atai Khan came with a large force and artillery. His arrival turned the odds against the Sikhs. A fierce battle began. The Sikhs, with Baba Deep Singh at their head, went on fighting and advancing towards Amritsar. Near Ramsar, Baba Deep Singh received a mortal wound in his neck. He was about to fall. Just then a Sikh near him said, 'Baba Ji, you had prayed that you should fall a martyr in the precincts of Darbar Sahib. But you seem to be departing here.' Baba Deep Singh's head had been separated from his neck. But on hearing the Sikh's words, he rallied at once. He supported his head with his left hand. With the right hand he went on wielding his heavy Khanda, or two edged sword, cutting down his enemies. Thus fighting, he reached the precincts of Sri Darbar Sahib. His vow was fulfilled. He fell there to become a martyr.

This happened in the year 1757. At the place where his body was cremated stands a Gurdwara in his memory. It is called Saheed Ganj Baba Deep Singh.

Excerpts taken from these books.

Sikh History Book 5 by Kartar Singh ji.

Published by Hemkunt Press, New Delhi

Link to post
Share on other sites
Before I go into the story I would like to give you a brief account of the situation.

This is the time when the army of Mir Mannu was going from house to house searching for Sikhs. Many of the Sikhs took shelter in jungles but some Sikhs who were living with their families in the cities and could not just leave right away or join any jathas. They were captured by the army and all were being sent to Lahore. Most of the prisoners were Sikh women and children. Many of the old women were killed on the way because they were weak and could not walk for a long time. All of the Singhnis and their children were put in Lahore jail. For labor they were given “chakkis”. They were given no food or water. This was a way to torture them so they would leave Sikhi. They were separated from their children. Everyday muslims would come and taunt them by saying “where is your Khalsa now? They can’t even come to rescue you. All of them have been killed by the army. So it is better for you to accept islam and live a rich happy life.” Singhnis never ever thought of leaving Sikhi. They kept reciting “Waheguru Dhan Guru Waheguru Waheguru”.

All children were separated from their mothers and were given no food or water. Then muslims started killing the innocent children by throwing them up in the air and landing them on sharp spears. Some children were cut into pieces and garlands were made out of their pieces. Then they put those garlands around the necks of Sikh mothers. But the faith of Sikh women was unshakable. One of the women was very beautiful and Qazi wanted to marry her. He would come everyday and try to convince her to accept him but she never did. She had a son who was less than two years old. One day upon leaving, qazi gave orders to some of the army men to torture her and her son so she would give up her faith.

One night the cruel animals (men) tied her up first and then started torturing her son. They hung her son upside down, took a knife and started to cut into his flesh from the neck all the way down to stomach. Singhni kept calm and kept praying “Guru Ji, Jaan Jayai par Dharam Na Jaayai”. Then they slowly cut her son into pieces and he became shaheed. Then they started beating the Singhni with sticks and “chabuks”. After a while the singhni passed out. They hung her upside down and left. She stayed that way all night. In the morning they took her down but she was unable to get up and walk. She lay there by the wall, did Nitnem and then did ardaas “Sacchay Paatshah Ji, Saari Raat Aap De Bhanay tay Sukh Naal Beetee Hai. Aap ji da kotaan kot shukar hai, aap jee nay aapnee amanat vaapas lai layee hai. Aggay waastay vee bhanay vich chalan da uddam ball bakhsis karna. Daata Ji, praan jayai par Sikhi na jayai. Mehar karni”

Hearing this some of the guards were shocked and wondering what Sikhs were made up of? Some of the guards left their jobs by saying “these Sikhs are religious people. We cannot torture these innocent souls. Even their women and children are so strong and brave. They will rule Punjab one day.” Some fanatic muslims were enraged by this. They started to torture her again. Heavy weight was put on her body and her bones were crushed. They hit her with sticks. After so much torture she became shaheed but she never gave up her faith. Only word that came out of her mouth was “Waheguru Waheguru”. When Singhs heard the news of the tortures, they attacked Lahore and freed all the prisoners and punished the criminals. At the same time mir mannu died a horrible death.

NOTE: I heard this story about four years ago from a kathavaachak so I don’t remember the name of the Singhni. I apologize. He told the story in so much vairaag and love that tears started to flow from everyone’s eyes. I was very new in Sikhi. I knew Sikhs in 18th century were very strong in Sikhi but I always thought Sikhs today are not that strong. Later on I forgot the story until I read Shaheedi of Bhai Anokh Singh Ji Babbar. His shaheedi is so much similar to this singhni that I am totally convinced that Bhai Sahib Ji was a soul of 18th century. Not only Him but many of the Shaheed Gursikhs were the same souls who sacrificed in 18th century. History of sacrifices repeated itself. In 18th century after many shaheedis, the government thought they had destroyed Sikhi. Not a single Sikh was found from Delhi to Amritsar but Sikhs came out strong and took over Punjab. It was all due to sacrifices of Gursikhs. If sacrifices have been repeated then the history of Sikhs uniting and taking over Punjab SHALL be repeated again. The day is not far when Sikhs will take over Delhi and liberate Khalistan.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaheed Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar

Bhai Sahib, shown below in a rare picture, was one of the Singhs responsible for the assassination of the notorious Hindu Police Officer Gobind Ram. Gobind Ram tortured Singhs and Singhnees in prison, killing many. He urinated in a bowl and said to people, “you have tasted the Amrit of Gobind Singh, now taste the Amrit of Gobind Ram”. The Babbars did not allow this beadbi to go unnoticed, a bomb was planted under Gobind Ram’s desk and he was blown to pieces, his face having to be sown together even after he was killed. Witnesses claim that his body parts literally had to be swept off the floor.

Bhai Sahib was also very close to Sukhdev Singh Babbar and they often lived together, surviving only on a diet of chick peas and Naam (God’s name). Bhai Sahib was one of the Singhs defending Harmandir Sahib in 1984 and helped ferry pilgrims and others out of the complex during the attacks. Bhai Sahib’s story of Shaheedi (martyrdom) is an awe-inspiring one. On August 20th 1987 Bhai Sahib was arrested and taken into custody by the Punjabi Police. First his legs were torn open and hot metal rods were hammered into them from the heel upwards. Red hot metal rods were also passed through his chest. Bhai Sahib’s abdomen was ripped open and pins were put through his private area and electric shocks were given here. Both his eyeballs were gouged out but still under these immense tortures Bhai Sahib remained true to the legacy of thousands of martyrs before him, not uttering a single word or sound of pain. He remained silent only reciting “Waheguru”. Left on the ground after a torture session the evening had come so he asked the sentry for the time. Seeing it was time for Rehras Sahib Paath, Bhai Anokh Singh began reciting “Sodar tayra keyaa…” in an sweet voice. Despite his physical body vessel being shattered his soul was still attached to the Guru’s feet. This deeply affected the sentry, and Bhai Sahib then began his personal prayer after Ardas:

"Hay Akaal Purakh Suchay Paatshah Guru Nanak dev Gareeb Nivaaj Satguru, the day which rose in your bhaaNaa has passed in happiness, meditating on your Naam. Suchay Paatshah, night has arrived, may it too pass while remembering your Naam and in your BhaaNaa…Satguru, May I be a Shaheed…Suchay Patshaah, save me from becoming a traitor...Satguru, may the Sikhi and Kesh (hair) you have given me last with me till my final breaths…Such Paatshah, have mercy on all…Bolay So Nihaal…Sat Sri Akaal!!!"

Hearing these words and the Jaikara echoing through the police station, the sentry became disturbed and handed in his resignation immediately. The police then continued to remove Bhai Anokh Singh’s tongue with a metal saw, however as streams of blood ran down Bhai Sahib’s dhari he raised his hands in Ardas and thanked Waheguru. The police eventually became tired of this and shot Bhai Anokh Singh, covering the noise of the gunshot by starting a motorcycle. His body was then dumped in the River Beas, as his soul ascended to meet Waheguru.

Written by a Gupt Veer.

Please correct any mistakes


One day Bhai Sahib was arrested by Vairoval Police in the Amritsar area. For many days Bhai Sahib was kept hanging upside down in the police station. Foot-long metal rods were heated up and hammered into his legs, from the heels upward. A pin was put through his private parts and an electricity connection was attached to it so that he could be shocked. Hot metal rods were also passed through his chest. But the Guru's Singh took the tortures calmly. All the torturers heard was "Vahiguru". No cries of pain, no screams.

After the torture, Bhai Sahib was left on the ground, unable to move. The time for Rehraas arrived. Bhai Sahib opened his eyelids but the sockets that held his eyes were hollow. His beautiful beard was soaked in blood. Those eyes which were once lost in deep meditation had been taken out by the dushts.

Bhai Sahib called out, "Sentry! Bhai Sahib jee, what time is it?" He felt around himself with his hands to find the guard.

"It's 7.15 Babio. What? What has happend to your eyes??"

The Sentry looked at Bhai Sahib's face and felt frightened.

"Oh, it must be time for Sodar then. Sodar tera kayhaa..." Bhai Anokh Singh began to recite Rehraas Sahib lying on the ground. Even though his body was shattered, Bhai Sahib recited the paath in a sweet voice. The Sentry too felt the vairaag.

After Sodar, Bhai Sahib, still lying on the ground began Ardaas. It was a daily part of his routine. "Ten Gurus, Punj Pyaaray, Chaar Sahibzaaday, The Guru's Jhanday and Boongay..." Bhai Sahib then began his personal ardaas: "Hay Akaal Purakh Suchay Paatshah Guru Nanak dev Gareeb Nivaaj Satguru, the day which rose in your bhaaNaa has passed in happiness, meditating on your naam. Suchay Paatshah, night has arrived, may it too pass while remembering your Naam and in your BhaaNaa....Satguru, May I be a Shaheed...Suchay Patshaah, save me from becoming a traitor...Satguru, may the Sikhi and kesh you have given me last with me till my final breaths...Such Paatshah, have mercy on all....Bolay So Nihaal...Sat Sree Akaal!!"

The Jaikara Bhai Sahib sounded echoed throughout the police station.

The Sentry ran to the station-head and surrendered his rifle and tabled his resignation.

"I can't do this job that forces people to kill saints...I can't..." He kept repeating himself.

The SSP cursed, "They are all magicians...another of our officers has left the service because of this paath!!"

And then another atrocity was committed. Bhai Sahib's tongue was cut off using a metal cutting saw. Streams of blood flowed from Bhai Sahib's mouth but the faithful Singh raised his hands in Ardaas and thanked Vahiguru.

In the end, the police became tired of all this and shot Bhai Sahib in the station. When the shot was fired, a motor cycle was started so that the gun could not be heard. Over night, Bhai Sahib's body was thrown into the river Beas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa

Sardar Hari Singh is regarded as one of the greatest of Sikh generals. During 1881, European newspapers wrote articles comparing him to the great European Generals such as Napoleon, Field-Marshal von Hindenburg, the Duke of Wellington, as well as Asian Generals such as Haluka Khan and Genghis Khan. The British concluded that Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa was the greatest of them all. With a limited force of men and materials, he freed not only Kashmir and Multan, but also Peshawar state and made them part of the empire of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh. Peshawar had been under Afghan control for more than eight centuries after Afghans murdered Raja Jaipal in a battle fought in 998 A.D.

Sardar Nalwa was a courageous, devoted and farsighted general. He impressed the Governor General of India with his statesmanship when he met him at Simla in 1831 as an emissary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh. When the question of a successor to Maharaja Ranjeet Singh was discussed among the top Sikhs, Nalwa opposed the opinion of the majority. He suggested that not Kharak Singh, but the Panj Pyaras should succeed Ranjeet Singh. Had his suggestion been listened to, the history of India would have been different today.

Early life

Hari Singh, born in 1791, was the son of Sardar Gurdial Singh of Gujranwala, now in Pakistan. His father died when he was only seven years old but his mother provided him a good religious education and trained him in martial arts. Hari Singh took Amrit at the age of ten. Observing his mastery in the use of arms, the Maharaja placed him in his army. When on a hunting mission with the Maharaja, Hari Singh was attacked by a tiger. He smartly defended himself and killed the tiger; this act gave him the title, Nalwa (tiger).

Sardar Hari Singh’s first major battle was fought against the Nawab of Kasoor (now in Pakistan) who was always a troublemaker for the Sikhs in Amritsar during the 18th century. Later he participated in the battle against Multan to free the people from the Nawab of the region. Nalwa demonstrated his superb fighting skills during these battles.

Releasing Shah Shuja

Hari Singh’s next expedition was to the state of Kashmir. He joined the other two famous commanders, Akali Phoola Singh and Sardar Sham Singh Attariwala, in obtaining the release of the imprisoned Shah Shuja, the king of Afghanistan. Shuja was ousted by his own brother and he had no alternative but to move to the Punjab and seek the protection of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh. Later, when Shuja attempted to take over Kabul, he was defeated, imprisoned, and detained in Kashmir. His begum (wife) requested that the Maharaja once again free her husband. In return, she offered him the greatest and most famous of all diamonds, the Kohinoor.

The success of the expedition to bring Shah Shuja safely from Kashmir to Lahore so enraged the ruler of Afghanistan, that he sent his army to take over the fort of Attock in 1813, and oust the Sikhs. Hari Singh Nalwa, however, led his army to victory against great odds and retained Sikh control over the area.

Annexation of Multan

The Nawab of Multan, who was governing that state on behalf of the Maharaja, refused to observe the agreements and promises made by him. Nalwa was deputed to bring him under control. The General fought bravely and took over the strong fort of Multan. Ranjeet Singh granted him the estate of Gujranwala as a reward for his accomplishment. In 1818, the Nawab again rebelled against Lahore. Nalwa had to fight a long bloody battle to annex Multan and make it a part of Punjab to resolve the problem forever.

Freedom for Kashmiris

In 1819, the Kashmiris sent a deputation to Lahore, asking Maharaja Ranjeet Singh to free them from four centuries of foreign rule. Three famous Sikh Generals, including Hari Singh Nalwa, were sent to Kashmir again. After defeating the ruler there, Sardar Nalwa was made the Administrator of Kashmir. He streamlined the whole administration and ensured justice for everyone, which made him very popular with the Kashmiri people. However, his stay there was short lived as he was recalled in 1821 to reassert Sikh control over the western regions.

Along with Nalwa, the Maharaja himself led the Sikh forces. Hazara was brought under the Lahore administration. Hari Singh Nalwa was appointed Governor of that area as the previous Governor died fighting against the rebels.

Retaking Peshawar

General Nalwa could never be free from fighting the Pathans and Mughals of Afghanistan. Yar Mohd Khan, who had been appointed Governor of Peshawar, was the brother of the king of Afghanistan. He became disloyal to the Sikh raj and joined his brother, which necessitated sending another Sikh expedition to Peshawar.

The Sikh army built a pontoon bridge over the river Attock and challenged the Pathans. At the height of the battle, a contingent of Pathans cut the bridge. When Maharaja Ranjeet Singh and Akali Phoola Singh reached the scene, they found the bridge washed away. They could hear the fighting on the other side of the river. They had no other choice but to take the great risk of crossing the flooded river on horseback. The battle, however, had been won by Nalwa by the time the Maharaja reached there.

The major battle for retaking Peshawar still lay ahead. Thousands of soldiers and Mujahideens (religious zealots) had gathered there to stop the Sikhs from reaching Peshawar. A bloody battle was fought, where both sides were determined to win at any cost. The Mughals and Pathans found the Sikh sword too strong and beat a hasty retreat to Kabul. The Sikhs again took over Peshawar, although they paid a very high price for it. They lost their general Akali Phoola Singh who was shot by a Pathan hiding behind a rock when he was forcing his opponents to retreat.

In another uprising of a local Nawab in 1824, Sardar Hari Singh was severely injured. One of the boulders, exploded by the retreating enemy, hit him and he rolled down the hill. However, an urgent and timely search saved his life.

The king of Kabul made yet another attempt to take over Peshawar. A Syad, after returning from Mecca, went to Kabul. He told the king that God had advised him to take over Peshawar. Another attack on Peshawar was therefore organized by them. The Sikhs proved to be too powerful to be ousted and Syad was defeated and killed in May of 1831. The remaining army returned to Kabul leaving the Khalsa to rule Peshawar. Sardar Nalwa was given an award of 50,000 rupees for winning the battle. Under an agreement with Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, a local Burkzace was appointed Governor. In 1834, the Maharaja decided to annex Peshawar and make it a part of Punjab, as every local Governor appointed there had rejoined Kabul once the Sikh army left. Nalwa was appointed as the Governor of Peshawar.

The annexation of Peshawar enraged Dost Mohd, the King of Kabul. He sent a very large, well equipped army to take Peshawar back from the Sikhs. General Hari Singh was the commander-in-chief of the defending Sikh army. Though fewer in numbers, the Sikhs organized a defense and counterattack so brilliantly that the larger Kabul army was disarrayed and defeated. Dost Mohd was able to save his life by running away at night.

The Khalsa Raj was thus established over all the areas of the present Pakistan, Kashmir, and Punjab up to the West of Satlej.

Nalwa as the Governor of Peshawar

Nalwa, as the Governor of Peshawar, relieved the Hindus of the tax which they had been paying since the 17th century. He managed the whole state effectively to bring peace, and stopped the looting of the people by Pathans and Afghans. To maintain order in the state, he established police stations all over the region and built forts at strategic places. The fort of Jamrud was the most famous and it blocked the Khyber Pass, not permitting any army to come from the Kabul side. The king of Kabul, finding himself controlled by the chain of forts built by Nalwa, was always devising plans to break the Sikh administration.

The last battle

The Dogras in the cabinet of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh were working secretly with the British and the King of Kabul to bring down the Khalsa Sarkar. These traitors, Gulab Singh and Dhyan Singh, finally succeeded. They obtained the rule of Kashmir and handed over the Punjab to the British in 1849. Kabul would have never dared to attack Peshawar during the lifetime of Hari Singh Nalwa. The mention of the name of the general would scare the Pathans. If they wanted to silence their crying children, they would say, “Be silent. Hari is coming.”

The Dogras knew every secret of the army and its deployment. Being in charge of the government, they were in a position to misinform the Maharaja.

In 1837, the Peshawar army was back at Lahore for the wedding of Kanwar Naunihal Singh, the son of the Maharaja. General Nalwa was tired and exhausted, lying sick in bed. No senior person was in Peshawar to guide the Sikh soldiers. All of this information was sent to Kabul by the Dogras and the Afghans were told to attack Peshawar. Such a message was very encouraging to the Afghans and the king of Kabul immediately sent his army to drive the Sikhs out of Peshawar.

After crossing the Khyber Pass, they attacked Jamrud. It was here that Bibi Harsharan Kaur (Sharnagat Kaur) played a heroic role by walking from Jamrud to Peshawar and reporting the attack on Jamrud. Nalwa, though sick, repulsed the attack, losing his own life due to the treachery of the Dogras. It was Nalwa’s presence which resulted in the Sikh victory; otherwise, the small Sikh army numbering only a few thousand, was no match for the 30,000 Afghan army supported by civilian fanatics.

During this time, Hari Singh Nalwa sent to Maharaja Ranjeet Singh three letters, all of which were kept by the Dogras. They did not let the Maharaja know of them. Recent research has shown that the Afghans and Dogras connived to murder the General. This is evidenced by the fact that the person who shot Nalwa from very close range, was wearing a Sikh soldier’s uniform.

By the time help arrived from Lahore, the battle had been won by the Sikhs. Peshawar was thus retained in the Khalsa raj, the credit for this going to Bibi Harsharan Kaur and General Nalwa’s bravery.

General Hari Singh Nalwa was an eloquent statesman and an able administrator. He was instrumental in bringing Kashmir under Sikh control and brought peace and prosperity to the people as the Governor of the state. Peshawar, a region of Punjab which had been partitioned from it for eight centuries, was again made a part of it due to the bravery of Nalwa. He has since been known as the “Hero of Peshawar” and was rated as the greatest general of his time. The forts he built there to stop invaders from looting Punjab and Delhi, were effective long after his death. A large part of his successes can be attributed to his being a kind and devoted Sikh, committed to his people and possessing a keen sense of duty and responsibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bhai Harjinder Singh Jinda and Sukhdev Singh Sukha are two martyrs in 20th century Sikh history. They turned the tide of Indian History and exposed the modern Indian pseudo-democracy and caste based Brahmanical Indian constitution.

Sukhdev Singh and Harjinder Singh stood for the truth and accepted the Sikh historical tradition of acting against enemies of the Sikh Nation. They repeated history and proved that the Sikh spirit of the past is alive and well in the present. They are part of the new chapter of ongoing Sikh history.

In the 18th century Bhai Mehtab Singh and Bhai Sukha Singh killed Massa Ranghar, who disregarded the sacredness of Darbar Sahib and used the holy site for his personal recreation and entertainment. The actions of these two men was a signal to those who disregard the sacredness of Sikh shrines. The Khalsa of the past and of the future will always protect itself from its hostile enemies.

In the 20th century, the Indian State and underground inhumane Brahmanical forces attacked Darbar Sahib and other Sikh Gurudwaras throughout India. The entire Indian political apparatus embarked on a massive terrorist campaign against the Sikhs and became responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Sikh men, women and children.

At this point in Sikh history, Bhai Harjinder Singh Jinda and Bhai Sukhdev Singh Sukha took action to insure that the Sikhs who died, did not die in vain. They knew the Indian State, who openly terrorized its own citizens, would never mete out justice to the Sikhs. In today's modern world, the Indian State continues to justify the massive planned killing of innocent Sikhs. Perhaps the modern world is prepared to allow State sponsored terrorism, however, the Khalsa is not.

In the spirit of the Sikhs of the 18th century, Harjinder Singh and Sukhdev Singh stood and claimed justice in a hostile environment; fully aware of the consequences of their actions. They assasinated General A.S. Vaidya in Pune. General Vaidya was the Commander of the Indian army in June 1984 and put into action the State's terrorist attack against the Darbar Sahib and other Sikh Gurudwaras.

Most Hindu fundamentalist, anti-national and extremist organizations gave full support to the army and distributed sweets to the army after it pillaged and destroyed the Akal Takht and the Darbar Sahib complex. This was a black day for the Sikh Community. On this day Hindu fundamentalist organizations repeated history. The first time the Rashtriya Swamsewak Sangh (RSS) distributed sweets was after the killing of Mahatma Gandhi by RSS activist Nathu Ram Godsey and then in June 1984 they shared sweets with Indian army for their attack on the Sikhs.

The Government's actions against the Sikh Nation compelled many to pick up arms and defend their faith and lives. They now knew that the State would never treat them as citizens but instead as unwanted second class inhabitants, inhabitants who continue to resist assimilation into the Hindu majority. The Khalsa takes inspiration from Gurbani and Sikh history. Guru Gobind Singh wrote in the Zafarnama:

"Chun Kar Aaj Haman Heelte Dar Guzast

Hallal Ast Burdan Ba Shamsheer Dast"

"When all peaceful means to resolve a crucial

problem fail, it is justified to wield the sword." (1)

Bhai Sukha and Bhai Jinda took arms in light of Gurbani. They died for the Sikh faith and Sikh homeland. They are men of their word. Both of them had no fear of death. They had won death. They shared sweets with each other and jail staff after the Magistrate pronounced their death sentence. They fully respected the Magistrate's decision and accepted the consequences of their actions.

These men were not fighting against any single person or religion. They stood up against the Brahmanical forces that had created divisions between the people, killed innocent people and encouraged injustice. They revived the Sikh tradition of insuring justice. They were full of faith in Guru Granth Sahib and declared that our Nation is the Guru Granth Sahib. We should establish the Khasla Raj on the basis of Guru Granth Sahib. This was the dream of Giani Ditt Singh, Sirdar Kapur Singh, Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, Bhai Sukhdev Singh Sukha and Bhai Harjinder Singh Jinda.

Professor Puran Singh described the nature of the son's of sovereign Punjab's mothers:

The son's of Punjab's Mothers

They don't live life cautiously

They aren't afraid to sacrifice their lives

And they don't turn away from the battlefield.

The new Sikh generation now must take responsibility to fulfill this dream.

Awake Youngman of the Punjab, Awake

Take and wear the Double Edged Sword of the timeless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Wjkk Wjkf

First of all, Kally Paji, welcome to da site!

i know paji wanted stories on Dhasam petha ji and Baba Deep Singh ji,

but one story which inspired my a lot, was of our 8th guru ji, Guru Harkrishan Sahib ji..

I had always wondered why i havent heard many stories of Guru jis jeevan.

But as Guru ji only lived their physical life until the age of 8.

Guru ji had the guru gadhi for only a small time of 2 years.

When guru ji went to stay at Delhi, throughout the India, there was a smallpox epidemic and many people were dying..

Since Guru jis young ages when they couldnt even talk, people that were ill were cured by Guru ji just looking at them.

Guru ji used to stay near Bangla Sahib gurudwara, where many people all over India used to come and see Guru ji, to get blessing from them and be cured.

Guru ji would take away the illnesses of those who were ill, and put all their pain and illnesses on their own head. As people start finding out that the cure for Smallpox is India is in Delhi, where this Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Har Krishan Ji is, many people from all ova india came to see Guru ji.

History tells us that Guru ji cured the whole of India, by puttin the illness on their own head, and that is why there is no sign of SmallPox in India.

Since then, whoever had illnesses went to the lake of Bangla Sahib Gurdwara, where Guru ji used to stay, and their illnesses are cured.

Today, in Delhi, the Gurdwara Bangla Sahib still exists. I know of some Gursikhs who have been ill and did ishnaan (bathed) in the sarovar (holy amrit water) and their illnesses have been cured..

On the same note, we sometimes forget that our Guru ji, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is the spirit of all Gurus, and that it is our living Guru sahib... When Gursikhs get ill or be in Pain, and when they do Sukhmani Sahib ji dha paat, From the bottom of their heart, and do the seva for Guru ji, and remember Guru jis name, its unbelieveable how Waheguru sorts their life out, and takes away their pain. So inspiring and makes you realise how powerful Gurbani is.

* Bani Guru, Guru Hai Bani, Vich Bani Amrit Saareh *

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj

Phul Chuk maaf for any mistakes..

Wjkk Wjkf

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Paedophile doctor, 28, who groomed '13-year-old girl' on Kik using the username 'olderc**k' walks free from court after his lawyer blamed his actions on working long hours during the pandemic James Peter Farthing, 28, spoke to the 'teenager' on messaging service Kik He asked to see pictures of her and sent the account a picture of his <banned word filter activated> But the NHS doctor was actually speaking to an undercover police officer He admitted attempting to groom a child and was given a suspended sentence  A doctor who attempted to groom a '13-year-old girl' online has been spared prison after his lawyers blamed his actions on working long hours during the Covid pandemic. James Peter Farthing, 28, spoke to the 'teenager' on messaging service Kik - under the username 'olderc**k' - as well as on Snapchat. The junior doctor, who worked for the NHS in Stockport, asked to see photographs of her body and shared an image of <banned word filter activated>. The account was actually being run by an undercover police officer and Farthing was later arrested for attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child. However, today he walked free from Minshull Street Crown Court after being handed a suspended sentence. Lawyers mitigating for Farthing, said he had been juggling working long hours during the pandemic, his wife's health condition and his training.  They said he had 'emotional struggles', had been watching pornography and smoking cannabis at the time - but that he was working to address his issues. Her Honour Judge Tina Landale sentenced him to six months in prison, suspended for two years, after he admitted attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child. He was handed concurrent sentences for attempting to involve a child aged 13 or over in non-penetrative sexual activity; and attempting to engage with a child aged 13 to 15 to watch and look at images of a sexual nature. The court heard Farthing spoke to the 'girl' on Kik - under the username 'olderc**k', Fiona Clancy, prosecuting said. He also spoke to her on Snapchat, in March. He said he was 23 and from Leeds. The 'girl' was called 'Beth' and was said to have been from Liverpool. The cop used a picture of kittens to portray how young she was, Ms Clancy said. Farthing asked 'Beth' if she was into 'older guys' and if she would send him a picture. 'Beth' told him: 'I'm 13, by the way.' Farthing replied: 'Cool. Are you down for role play or sex?' He asked to see her body and offered to show her his <banned word filter activated>. The 'girl' said she was worried about sending a photograph. Farthing reassured her that if she didn't include her face, it 'should be fine'. 'The fact that the undercover officer was 13 was reiterated, but the sexual conversations continued,' Ms Clancy said, as the conversations moved to Snapchat. Farthing told 'Beth': 'I have spoken to a few girls that like older men.' The officer then sent a picture of a young, clothed girl.  Farthing sent a photograph of his <banned word filter activated>. 'I really want to touch your body and see what you look like naked,' he said. He then sent another picture of his <banned word filter activated>. Ms Clancy said that when officers arrested Farthing, he said he was 'ashamed' and 'tried to stop', but 'gave in to sexual pleasure', the court heard. Simon Gurney, defending, said Farthing, who has no previous convictions, was 'deeply ashamed and remorseful for his behaviour'.   His supervisor - a consultant - and training programme director provided statements to the court. Staff and patients 'all expressed shock' after Farthing was arrested, the court heard, as people thought he had a good 'moral compass'.  Mr Gurney said they 'stand by him' because they acknowledge his remorse. The lawyer said it was the first time in Farthing's career that he didn't enjoy his work - and that his family was in debt as a result of the pandemic.  Mr Gurney said Farthing 'only has himself to blame for jeopardising' his career.  Judge Landale said the 'girl' made it 'clear that she didn't want to talk about sex'.  Farthing was ordered to take part in the Horizon project; to complete 20 rehabilitation activity requirement days; and to undertake 200 hours of unpaid work. He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order - to last a decade.   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9995087/NHS-junior-doctor-28-groomed-13-year-old-girl-Kik-spared-prison.html  
    • Plus who said I was some 'admitted expert' about the dumbing down? There's no two ways about it, everything is dumbed down for pendus. Who can't see that? The only people who can't see it, are the dumb themselves. 
    • Who do you think is the dog's bollocks then? Go on, give us a laugh.  To be honest, they are pretty much all insufferable to me, that's why I prefer reading. This guy just smashed it with his santhiya readings, I can't count how many other people have also learnt to read Gurbani from his recitals. That's got to be acknowledged. I did see him a few times at Goodmayes Gurdwara and he was better than most I've ever heard (which ain't many). I mean I stayed till the end for the first time. lol Moms used to watch Maskeen a lot, but as a young energetic person, I always found his style a bit boring and couldn't engage. Plus you know all these guys like to add their things in. And you should know by now, given the opportunity, I prefer trying to decipher the original puratan texts when I'm able to.  It's like shastarsingh said on another thread, You can pick up important information within two minutes in a book that you have to listen to two hours katha for....  Katha not my thing, so I'm no expert about it. But seeing as it's mainly done for rurals, I don't have high expectations anyway. At least they aren't bhangra paa-ing like fudhoos I guess? Not until later in the evening anyway.  PS - I think maybe because he is of a considerable girth, his vocal delivery is clear. Some others I have heard sound like they are mumbling somewhat which is off putting.  
    • You've got to be joking me, bro. This Singh is a top kathavachak for you? You, the admitted expert about the gradual dumbing down of Sikhi to appeal to the lowest common denominator, defending this religious gentleman? I hope you're trolling me.
    • Plz listen at 9:00 sec Some people using kisan andolan to fool nri Sikhs.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use