Des Hoya Pardes Movie Review

What a fantastic film. It shows Punjab Police brutality and how they killed people in fake encounters. It shows Divya Dutta being told by police to urinate on her brothers face (Gurdas Mann), again such things happened. It shows how the police used the troubles to make a lot of money by registering false cases on people. It shows how people were caught in the middle when militants came to their homes and then the police would come and make life a misery for those who gave roti etc to militants. It shows bad charachters who joined the militants (eg when the militants go to Gurdas Mann's house and one of the militants eyes up Divya Dutta) he is slapped by another militant after passing a remark. It shows militants planting bombs which some did do (please dont tell me it was all down to GOI agents as the Panthic Committees were happy issuing statements claiming such attacks when they could have issued denials).

Overall a great film and I would reccomend you all watch it.

P.S.  For people who don't support khalistan, you won't be affected by the kharkoos being shown as criminals, but I would hope that those people would at least acknowledge the butchering of the Punjabi language.  the movie is supposed to eb dubbed in Hindi but to be honest with you 60% is already in Hindi. 

85255[/snapback]

My parents thought the movie wuz good etc etc

i haven't seen it yet so i cant say

but ya i agree wit wha u said here

most ppl who dont support khalistan wont b affected by movie and wil actualy like it

i dont knw if my parents r against khalistan or not

but they hav their views bout '84 whch rnt reli supportive of khalistan

maybe thas y they liked movie grin.gif

the movie wasnt all that bad, it has its pros and cons, the way they showed police brutality and encounters was good but on the other hand the way kharkus wer portrayed was just  :)

96351[/snapback]

I thought they showed there were good karkoo and bad as highlighted by the twat who makes remarks aginst Divya Dutta and the other karkoo gives him a slap and tell him she is his sister.

I thought they showed there were good karkoo and bad as highlighted by the twat who makes remarks aginst Divya Dutta and the other karkoo gives him a slap and tell him she is his sister.

96390[/snapback]

that was probably the only good point in the whole film, what about the rest were they show singhs singling out hindus and killing them, killin juhi chawals dad who is the 'good cop' and then the leader of the kharkus begging for his life in fornt of the police man.

the showing of police brutality etc is a big plus point n its a film worth watching for those who havnt seen it.