Balait_da_Sher

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Thought of contributing to this Thread

One of the Most important tools you will need to trace your CPU Time and list your processes and their details.

Type:ShareWare

Name:Process Explorer

Mode : Google it .

Name : iDisk

Link:http://www.memecode.com/idisk.php

Type :shareWare

Function:List Your Memory Usage

It will detect all the places where your Hard Disk has been used up/Compartmentalised

Review:Very Good

GURBANI SEARCH

Name: SikhiToTheMax (im surprised no-ones mentioned it till now)

Platform: PC

Get it from: http://sikhitothemax.com/updates.htm

Description: "SikhiToTheMAX was the first ever web search engine created. It revolutionised electronic Gurbani by introducing first letter searching - the most effective way of searching Gurbani...." (From Website)

Review: Very detail; perfect in every way.

Name: Gurbani Anywhere

Platform: iPhone and Windows Phones

Get it from: http://www.gurbanianywhere.com/

Description: A compelete gurbani application, in the palm of your hand.

Review: Just like SikhiToTheMax, except on the go! Lags a bit sometime, although that cannot be overcome due to small processors on mobile devices.

LISTEN GURBANI

Name: Sikhnet Radio

Platform: iPhone

Get it from: App Store

Description: Listen to live kirtan from a selection of famous indian and american Gurudwaras.

Review: Great for everyone, I really enjoyed the bitrate options so even people with slow internet connections can listen to live kirtan.

Name: Sikh Sangeet

Description: Pre-recorded kirtan from sikhsangeet.com.

Review: Vast collection of kirtan from many raagis/kirtanis

Name: Proud To Be Sikh

Descripttion: Live from Canadian Gurudwaras

Review: Good.

OTHER IPHONE APPS that i dont have time to explain (just google them)

Dukh Nivaran - Live Kirtan from Dukh Nivaran sahib)

Dhur Ki Bani - Live Kirtan from Dukh Nivaran sahib)

iSikhi - Gurbani Search

Gurbani World - Listen to Nitnem + Live kirtan from Harmandir dahib + hukamnama

iDastaar - learn how to tie all types of dastaars

iNitnem G & E version - Nitnem Gutka in English or Gurmukhi

Hukamnama - Hukamnama from Harmandir sahib

BTW Loving sikhsangat.com. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SINGHO AND SINGHNIO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use