Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

DnwsrI mhlw 5 Gru 2 caupdy

<> siqgur pRswid ]

Coif jwih sy krih prwl ] kwim n Awvih sy jMjwl ] sMig n cwlih iqn isau hIq ] jo bYrweI syeI mIq ]1] AYsy Brim Buly sMswrw ] jnmu pdwrQu Koie gvwrw ] rhwau ] swcu Drmu nhI BwvY fITw ] JUT Doh isau ricE mITw ] dwiq ipAwrI ivsirAw dwqwrw ] jwxY nwhI mrxu ivcwrw ]2] vsqu prweI kau auiT rovY ] krm Drm sglw eI KovY ] hukmu n bUJY Awvx jwxy ] pwp krY qw pCoqwxy ]3] jo quDu BwvY so prvwxu ] qyry Bwxy no kurbwxu ] nwnku grIbu bMdw jnu qyrw ] rwiK lyie swihbu pRBu myrw ]4]1]22]

SnIvwr, 8 A`sU (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 676)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

DnwsrI mhlw 5 Gru 2 caupdy

<> siqgur pRswid ]

hy BweI! mwieAw-vyVH jIv auhI inkMmy kMm krdy rihMdy hn, ijMnHW nMU Aw^r C`f ky ieQoN cly jWdy hn[ auhI jMjwl shyVI r`Kdy hn, jyhVy iehnW dy iksy kMm nhIN AwauNdy[ auhnW nwl moh-ipAwr bxweI r`Kdy hn, jyhVy AMq vyly nwl nhIN jWdy[ auhnW ivkwrW nMU im`qr smJdy rihMdy hn jo Asl ivc Awqmk jIvn dy vYrI hn[1[hy BweI! mUrK jgq mwieAw dI Btkxw ivc pY ky Ajy kurwhy ipAw hoieAw hY ik Awpxw kImqI mnu`Kw-jnm gvw irhw hY[rhwau[hy BweI! mwieAw-vyVHy mnu`K nMU sdw-iQr hir-nwm ismrn vwlw Drm A`KIN vyiKAw nhIN BwauNdw[ JUT nMU, T`gI nMU im`Tw jwx ky iehnW nwl msq rihMdw hY[ dwqwr-pRBU nMU BulweI r`Kdw hY, aus dI id`qI hoeI dwiq ies nMU ipAwrI l`gdI hY[ moh ivc bybs hoieAw jIv AwpxI mOq nMU cyqy nhIN krdw[ hy BweI! Btkxw ivc ipAw hoieAw jIv aus cIz leI dOV dOV qrly lYNdw hY jo Aw^r ibgwnI ho jwxI hY[ Awpxw ienswnI &rj swrw hI Bulw dyNdw hY[ mn`uK prmwqmw dI rzw nMU nhIN smJdw ijs krky ies dy vwsqy jnm-mrn dy gyV bxy rihMdy hn in`q pwp krdw rihMdw hY, Aw^r pCuqwauNdw hY[3[ pr, hy pRBU! jIvW dy vI kIh v`s? jo qYnMU cMgw l`gdw hY, auhI AsW jIvW nMU kbUl huMdw hY[ hy pRBU! mYN qyrI rzw qoN sdky hW[ grIb nwnk qyrw dws hY, qyrw gulwm hY[ hy BweI! myrw mwlk-pRBU Apxy dws dI lwj Awp r`K lYNdw hY[4[1[22[

English Translation :

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

You shall have to abandon the straw which you have collected. These entanglements shall be of no use to you. You are in love with those things that will not go with you. You think that your enemies are friends. || 1 || In such confusion, the world has gone astray. The foolish mortal wastes this precious human life. || Pause || He does not like to see Truth and righteousness. He is attached to falsehood and deception; they seem sweet to him. He loves gifts, but he forgets the Giver. The wretched creature does not even think of death. || 2 || He cries for the possessions of others. He forfeits all the merits of his good deeds and religion. He does not understand the Hukam of the Lords Command, and so he continues coming and going in reincarnation. He sins, and then regrets and repents. || 3 || Whatever pleases You, Lord, that alone is acceptable. I am a sacrifice to Your Will. Poor Nanak is Your slave, Your humble servant. Save me, O my Lord God Master! || 4 || 1 || 22 ||

Saturday, 8th Assu (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page : 676)

d_oh.gif

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DnwsrI mhlw 1 CMq

<> siqgur pRswid ]

qIriQ nwvx jwau qIrQu nwmu hY ] qIrQu sbd bIcwru AMqir igAwnu hY ] gur igAwnu swcw Qwnu qIrQu ds purb sdw dswhrw ] hau nwmu hir kw sdw jwcau dyhu pRB DrxIDrw ] sMswru rogI nwmu dwrU mYlu lwgY sc ibnw ] gur vwku inrmlu sdw cwnxu inq swcu qIrQu mjnw ]1] swic n lwgY mYlu ikAw mlu DoeIAY ] guxih hwru proie iks kau roeIAY ] vIcwir mwrY qrY qwrY aulit join n Awvey ] Awip pwrsu prm iDAwnI swcu swcy Bwvey ] Awndu Anidnu hrKu swcw dUK iklivK prhry ] scu nwmu pwieAw guir idKwieAw mYlu nwhI sc mny ]2] sMgiq mIq imlwpu pUrw nwvxo ] gwvY gwvxhwru sbid suhwvxo ] swlwih swcy mMin siqguru puMn dwn dieAw mqy ] ipr sMig BwvY shij nwvY byxI q sMgmu sq sqy ] AwrwiD eykMkwru swcw inq dyie cVY svwieAw ] giq sMig mIqw sMqsMgiq kir ndir myil imlwieAw ]3] khxu khY sBu koie kyvfu AwKIAY ] hau mUrKu nIcu Ajwxu smJw swKIAY ] scu gur kI swKI AMimRq BwKI iqqu mnu mwinAw myrw ] kUcu krih Awvih ibKu lwdy sbid scY guru myrw ] AwKix qoit n Bgiq BMfwrI Birpuir rihAw soeI ] nwnk swcu khY bynqI mnu mWjY scu soeI ]4]1]

AYqvwr, 9 A`sU (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 687)

English Translation :

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Gurus Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosophers stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lords Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Gurus Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Sunday, 9th Assu (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)

d_oh.gif

sUhI mhlw 5 ]

sUK mhl jw ky aUc duAwry ] qw mih vwsih Bgq ipAwry ]1] shj kQw pRB kI Aiq mITI ] ivrlY kwhU nyqRhu fITI ]1] rhwau ] qh gIq nwd AKwry sMgw ] aUhw sMq krih hir rMgw ]2] qh mrxu n jIvxu sogu n hrKw ] swc nwm kI AMimRq vrKw ]3] guhj kQw ieh gur qy jwxI ] nwnku bolY hir hir bwxI ]4]6]12]

mMglvwr, 11 A`sU (sMmq 539 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 739)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

sUhI mhlw 5 ]

hy BweI! aus Awqmk Afolqw pYdw krn vwlI is&iq swlwh ivc aus prmwqmw dy ipAwry Bgq hI v`sdy hn ijs prmwqmw dy mhl AwnMd-BrpUr hn, qy ijs dy drvwzy au~cy hn, Bwv, auQy Awqmk AwnMd qoN ibnw hor iksy ivkwr Awidk dI phuMc nhIN hY[1[ hy BweI! Awqmk Afolqw pYdw krn vwlI pRBU dI is&iq swlwh bVI hI suAwdlI hY, pr iksy ivrly hI mnu`K ny aus nMU A`KIN vyiKAw hY (mwixAw hY) [1[rhwau[ hy BweI! Awqmk Afolqw pYdw krn vwlI aus is&iq swlwh ivc mwno gIq qy rwg ho rhy hMudy hn[ aus ivc, mwno ipV b`Jy huMdy hn ij`Qy kwmwidk pihlvwnW nwl twkrw krn dI jwc is`KIdI hY[ aus is&iq swlwh ivc juV ky sMq jn prmwqmw dy imlwp dw AwnMd mwxdy hn[2[ hy BweI! is&iq swlwh ivc juiVAW jnm mrn dw gyV nhIN rihMdw, ^uSI ZmI nhIN poh skdI[ aus AvsQw ivc sdw-iQr pRBU dy Awqmk jIvn dyx vwly nwm-jl dI vrKw huMdI rihMdI hY[3[ hy BweI! is&iq swlwh bwry ieh Byq dI g`l nwnk ny gurU pwsoN smJI hY qwhIey nwnk prmwqmw dI is&iq swlwh dI bwxI aucwrdw rihMdw hY[4[6[12[

English Translation :

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

His Mansions are so comfortable, and His gates are so lofty. Within them, His beloved devotees dwell. || 1 || The Natural Speech of God is so very sweet. How rare is that person, who sees it with his eyes. || 1 || Pause || There, in the arena of the congregation, the divine music of the Naad, the sound current, is sung. There, the Saints celebrate with their Lord. || 2 || Neither birth nor death is there, neither pain nor pleasure. The Ambrosial Nectar of the True Name rains down there. || 3 || From the Guru, I have come to know the mystery of this speech. Nanak speaks the Bani of the Lord, Har, Har. || 4 || 6 || 12 ||

Tuesday,11th Assu (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 739)

waheguroooo d_oh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

soriT mhlw 5 Gru 2 caupdy

<> siqgur pRswid ]

eyku ipqw eyks ky hm bwirk qU myrw gur hweI ]

suix mIqw jIau hmwrw bil bil jwsI hir drsnu dyhu idKweI ]1]

suix mIqw DUrI kau bil jweI ]

iehu mnu qyrw BweI ] rhwau ]

pwv mlovw mil mil Dovw iehu mnu qY kU dysw ]

suix mIqw hau qyrI srxweI AwieAw pRB imlau dyhu aupdysw ]2]

mwnu n kIjY srix prIjY krY su Blw mnweIAY ]

suix mIqw jIau ipMfu sBu qnu ArpIjY ieau drsnu hir jIau pweIAY ]3]

BieE AnugRhu pRswid sMqn kY hir nwmw hY mITw ]

jn nwnk kau guir ikrpw DwrI sBu Akul inrMjnu fITw ]4]1]12]

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehla, Second House, Chau-Paday:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

The One God is our father; we are the children of the One God. You are our Guru.

Listen, friends: my soul is a sacrifice, a sacrifice to You; O Lord, reveal to me the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. ||1||

Listen, friends: I am a sacrifice to the dust of Your feet.

This mind is yours, O Siblings of Destiny. ||Pause||

I wash your feet, I massage and clean them; I give this mind to you.

Listen, friends: I have come to Your Sanctuary; teach me, that I might unite with God. ||2||

Do not be proud; seek His Sanctuary, and accept as good all that He does.

Listen, friends: dedicate your soul, body and your whole being to Him; thus you shall receive the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. ||3||

He has shown mercy to me, by the Grace of the Saints; the Lord's Name is sweet to me.

The Guru has shown mercy to servant Nanak; I see the casteless, immaculate Lord everywhere. ||4||1||12||

vahiguroooooo :WW:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

qyry kvn kvn gux kih kih gwvw qU swihb guxI inDwnw ] qumrI mihmw brin n swkau qUM Twkur aUc Bgvwnw ]1] mY hir hir nwmu Dr soeI ] ijau BwvY iqau rwKu myry swihb mY quJ ibnu Avru n koeI ]1] rhwau ] mY qwxu dIbwxu qUhY myry suAwmI mY quDu AwgY Ardwis ] mY horu Qwau nwhI ijsu pih krau bynqI myrw duKu suKu quJ hI pwis ]2] ivcy DrqI ivcy pwxI ivic kwst Agin DrIjY ] bkrI isMGu iekqY Qwie rwKy mn hir jip BRmu Bau dUir kIjY ]3] hir kI vifAweI dyKhu sMqhu hir inmwixAw mwxu dyvwey ] ijau DrqI crx qly qy aUpir AwvY iqau nwnk swD jnw jgqu Awix sBu pYrI pwey ]4]1]12]

English Translation :

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL, SEVENTH HOUSE:

Which, which of Your Glorious Virtues should I sing and recount, Lord? You are my Lord and Master, the treasure of excellence. I cannot express Your Glorious Praises. You are my Lord and Master, lofty and benevolent. || 1 || The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is my only support. If it pleases You, please save me, O my Lord and Master; without You, I have no other at all. || 1 || Pause || You alone are my strength, and my Court, O my Lord and Master; unto You alone I pray. There is no other place where I can offer my prayers; I can tell my pains and pleasures only to You. || 2 || Water is locked up in the earth, and fire is locked up in wood. The sheep and the lions are kept in one place; O mortal, meditate on the Lord, and your doubts and fears shall be removed. || 3 || So behold the glorious greatness of the Lord, O Saints; the Lord blesses the dishonored with honor. As dust rises from underfoot, O Nanak, so does the Lord make all people fall at the feet of the Holy. || 4 || 1 || 12 ||

Thursday, 20th Assu (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 611)

d_oh.gif

vaheguroooooooooo omg.......... what a beautiful hukhamnamma

d_oh.gif

<> siqgur pRswid ]

audm miq pRB AMqrjwmI ijau pRyry iqau krnw ] ijau ntUAw qMqu vjwey qMqI iqau vwjih jMq jnw ]1] jip mn rwm nwmu rsnw ] msqik ilKq ilKy guru pwieAw hir ihrdY hir bsnw ]1] rhwau ] mwieAw igrsiq BRmqu hY pRwnI riK lyvhu jnu Apnw ] ijau pRihlwdu hrxwKis gRisE hir rwiKE hir srnw ]2] kvn kvn kI giq imiq khIAY hir kIey piqq pvMnw ] Ehu FovY For hwiQ cmu cmry hir auDirE pirE srnw ]3] pRB dIn dieAwl Bgq Bv qwrn hm pwpI rwKu ppnw ] hir dwsn dws dws hm krIAhu jn nwnk dws dwsMnw ]4]1]

English Translation :

RAAG BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

Effort and intelligence come from God, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts; as He wills, they act. As the violinist plays upon the strings of the violin, so does the Lord play the living beings. || 1 || Chant the Name of the Lord with your tongue, O mind. According to the pre-ordained destiny written upon my forehead, I have found the Guru, and the Lord abides within my heart. || 1 || Pause || Entangled in Maya, the mortal wanders around. Save Your humble servant, O Lord, as you saved Prahlaad from the clutches of Harnaakash; keep him in Your Sanctuary, Lord. || 2 || How can I describe the state and the condition, O Lord, of those many sinners you have purified? Ravi Daas, the leather-worker, who worked with hides and carried dead animals was saved, by entering the Lords Sanctuary. || 3 || O God, Merciful to the meek, carry Your devotees across the world-ocean; I am a sinner save me from sin! O Lord, make me the slave of the slave of Your slaves; servant Nanak is the slave of Your slaves. || 4 || 1 ||

d_oh.gif

vjkk vjkf

Thursday, 27th Assu (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 798)

http://hukam.sikhnet.com/2007/10/14/hukamn...mber-19-2007-2/

slok m Ú 3 ] (552-6)

salok mehlaa 3.(552 -6)

Salok, Third Mehla: (552-6)

siqgur kI syvw sPl hY jy ko kry icqu lwie ]

satgur kee sayvaa safal hai jay ko karay chit laa-ay.

Fruitful is service to the True Guru, if one does so with a sincere mind.

nwmu pdwrQu pweIAY AicMqu vsY min Awie ]

naam padaarath paa-ee-ai achint vasai man aa-ay.

The treasure of the Naam, is obtained, and the mind comes to be free of anxiety.

jnm mrn duKu ktIAY haumY mmqw jwie ]

janam maran dukh katee-ai ha-umai mamtaa jaa-ay.

The pains of birth and death are eradicated, and the mind is rid of egotism and self-conceit.

auqm pdvI pweIAY scy rhY smwie ]

utam padvee paa-ee-ai sachay rahai samaa-ay.

One achieves the ultimate state, and remains absorbed in the True Lord.

nwnk pUrib ijn kau iliKAw iqnw siqguru imilAw Awie ]1]

naanak poorab jin ka-o likhi-aa tinaa satgur mili-aa aa-ay. ||1||

O Nanak, the True Guru comes and meets those who have such pre-ordained destiny. ||1||

m Ú 3 ]

mehlaa 3.

Third Mehla:

nwim rqw siqgurU hY kiljug boihQu hoie ]

naam rataa satguroo hai kalijug bohith ho-ay.

The True Guru is imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga.

gurmuiK hovY su pwir pvY ijnw AMdir scw soie ]

Gurmukh hovai so paar pavai jinaa andar sachaa so-ay.

One who becomes Guru-oriented crosses over; the True Lord dwells within him.

nwmu sm@wly nwmu sMgRhY nwmy hI piq hoie ]

naam samHaalay naam sangrahai naamay hee pat ho-ay.

He remembers the Naam, he gathers in the Naam, and he obtains honor through the Naam.

nwnk siqguru pwieAw krim prwpiq hoie ]2]

naanak satgur paa-i-aa karam paraapat ho-ay. ||2||

Nanak has found the True Guru; by His Grace, the Name is obtained. ||2||

pauVI ]

pa-orhee.

Pauree:

Awpy pwrsu Awip Dwqu hY Awip kIqonu kMcnu ]

aapay paaras aap Dhaat hai aap keeton kanchan.

He Himself is the Philosopher’s Stone, He Himself is the metal, and He Himself is transformed into gold.

Awpy Twkuru syvku Awpy Awpy hI pwp KMfnu ]

aapay thaakur sayvak aapay aapay hee paap khandan.

He Himself is the Lord and Master, He Himself is the servant, and He Himself is the Destroyer of sins.

Awpy siB Gt BogvY suAwmI Awpy hI sBu AMjnu ]

aapay sabh ghat bhogvai su-aamee aapay hee sabh anjan.

He Himself enjoys every heart; the Lord Master Himself is the basis of all illusion.

Awip ibbyku Awip sBu byqw Awpy gurmuiK BMjnu ]

aap bibayk aap sabh baytaa aapay Gurmukh bhanjan.

He Himself is the discerning one, and He Himself is the Knower of all; He Himself breaks the bonds of the Guru-oriented.

jnu nwnku swlwih n rjY quDu krqy qU hir suKdwqw vfnu ]

jan naanak saalaahi na rajai tuDh kartay too har sukh-daata vadan.

Servant Nanak is not satisfied by merely praising You, O Creator Lord; You are the Great Giver of peace.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Today’s hukam is by Guru Amardas Ji Maharaj. It is in Raag Bihagra and it’s on Ang 552 of Siri Guru Granth Sahibji.

Satguru Amardasji Maharaj, the embodiment of sewa, selfless service with in the house of Guru Nanak, speaks to us today through the Bihagara Raag, which is full of yearning for closeness with Waheguru. Guru Amardasji Maharaj ji says, “Satgur kee sayvaa safal hai.” The sewa, the selfless service to the Satgur, to the true Guru, is Safal, is fruitful. But then Guruji says, “Jay ko karay chit laa-ay.” Guruji puts a condition on it, jay, only if Ko karay chit laa-ay, ko means someone, Karay means to do, chit laa-ay means with your consciousness joined into that sewa. If your chit; your mind is not in that sewa, if your consciousness is not fully devoted to that sewa then there is no point, Guruji says “It’s not fruitful.” It’s like when Siri Guru Nanak Devji was asked to join in the Nimaaz and Guru Nanak Devji said, “Yes, I’ll join but only if you repeat the Nimaaz as well.” he said to the Niwab and the Qazi. When everyone went to bow in the Nimaaz Guru Nanak Devji remained standing. When they asked Guru Nanak Devji, “Why did not you bow with us?” Guruji said, “Because you were not doing Nimaaz.” The niwab laughed and said, “Ofcourse I was doing Nimaaz.” Guru Nanak Devji said, “Your body was doing the Nimaaz but your mind was in Kabul buying and selling horses.” He knew this was true and fell and Guru Nanak’s feet. Then the Qazi, the priest, said to Guru Nanak, “But I was reading the Nimaaz, I was doing the prayer.” Guru Nanak said, “There is a new born cult, a baby horse which you tied too close to the well and you were thinking about that. You were thinking I hope the horse doesn’t fall into the well.” He too accepted that he was in fact thinking of that horse. Guru Sahibji says, “If you are going to pray, do it with your complete consciousness. If you are going to do sewa do it with your complete consciousness. Do not think oh I am doing this sewa what will I get out of it? What can I achieve for myself?” You do sewa because you see God in all and because you want to serve who is in everyone.

What happens if you do this sewa, “Naam padaarath paa-ee-ai.” You will paa-ee-ai; you will achieve, find that treasure; that padaarath of Naam, of God’s true name. “Achint vasai man aa-ay”, when you find that treasure then Achint; Wahguru who is free of anxiety vasai dwells man aa-ay; in your mind. Waheguru dwells in your mind. He frees you of all anxiety. “Janam maran dukh katee-ai.” Guruji is still telling us what you get out of doing sewa with all your heart, mind and soul. Your dukh; your pain of being born and dying; Janam maran, are the greatest pains and Guruji says, they are “Katee-ai” they are removed. “Ha-umai mamtaa jaa-ay.” Haume; ego, mamtaa; attachment, jaa-ay means to go, removed. When you do sewa what is the first thing you eradicate? Guruji says the first thing you eradicate is “your ego”. What the second thing that you eradicate? Guruji says the second thing you eradicate is “your attachment” How is there going to be ego left when you are serving all. How is there going to be any attachment left when you have given everything. When you realise you are all just nothing there is no ego and there is no attachment. Then what happens “Utam padvee paa-ee-ai.” When you realise that you are nothing then you paa-ee-ai; you find the utam padvee; padvee means state, utam means state, you find the highest state of being. Why? Because you are “sachay rahai samaa-ay.” You are absorbed into the sachay; you are absorbed straight into the true Waheguru. Nanak, oh Nanak, “Poorab jin ka-o likhi-aa.” But only those people who have it poorab; written in their past lives, “Only those people; tinaa”, Guruji says, “Satgur mili-aa aa-ay.” Only those are united with the Satgur; with the true Guru.

Mehlaa 3.

Guruji says, “Naam rataa satguroo hai kalijug bohith ho-ay.” The Satguroo; the true Guru, is embued, is absorbed in the Naam, in the true Name. That is why “Kalijug bohith ho-ay” the true Guru is bohith; boat in this kalijug; in this age of darkness. The guru is a boat to take us across. But Guruji says, “Gurmukh hovai so paar pavai.” People who are Gurmukh will follow the Guru in everything with their mind, body and soul. “So paar pavai” they are carried across, paar means across, pavai means to go. Those people are carried across, Why? “Jinaa andar sachaa so-ay.” Andar means within, within those people sachaa so-ay; that true Lord dwells. “Naam samHaalay naam sangrahai.” What do those Gurmukhs do? They “Naam samHaalay” samHaalay means to look after. Within their heart they are in constant remembrance of naam sangrahai; means to gather the Naam simran. “Naamay hee pat ho-ay.” Only through the Naam do they find their honour. They obtain all honour through the Naam. “Naanak satgur paa-i-aa.” Nanak has found, paa-i-aa the satgur; the true Guru. But Guruji says, “Karam paraapat ho-ay.” Only through his karam, only through his grace “Paraapat ho-ay” can the Guru be found.

Pa-orhee.

“Aapay paaras aap Dhaat hai aap keeton kanchan.” Guru Amardas ji says, “Aapay paaras; Waheguru himself is the philosopher’s stone; paaras. Aap Dhaat hai.” Dhaat means metal. Waheguru himself is the metal. “Aap keeton kanchan” Waheguru himself has keeton; transformed metal into kanchan; into gold. What is Guruji saying? This philosopher’s stone is like the Satguru. The metal is like the Sikh and the gold is the Gurmukh. Guruji is saying, “Waheguru himself is the Guru, Waheguru himself is the Sikh and Waheguru himself if the Gursikh; Guru’s Sikh, the gold.” “Aapay thaakur” Waheguru himself is the master, the Lord. “Sayvak aapay” Waheguru himself is the sewak, servant. “Aapay hee paap khandan” Waheguru himself is khandan; the destroyer of paap; sins. “Aapay sabh ghat bhogvai su-aamee” Waheguru himself bhogvai; enjoys sabh means all, ghat means hearts, su-aamee means Lord. Waheguru himself enjoys all the heart. He is in all hearts. “Aapay hee sabh anjan” Waheguru himself is the sabh anjan; sabh means all, anjan means illusion. Waheguru himself is all this illusion in all this maya. “Aap bibayk” Waheguru himself is the wisdom to discern between this maya. “Aap sabh baytaa” baytaa means to know. Waheguru himself is the knower of all. “Aapay Gurmukh bhanjan” Waheguru himself bhanjan; breaks all the ties, all the bonds to birth and death of the Gurmukhs who have been transformed into Gold. Waheguru breaks away all their ego, all their greed, all their anger, all their anxieties. “Jan naanak” servant Nanak “Saalaahi na rajai”, na rajai means to not be satisfied. The more Nanak praises you. He could just carry on and on and on. Guru Amardasji is saying, “Oh Waheguru, I can just keep praising you. I never tire of praising you.” How can one tire of praising the infinite. If you call him the creator He is also the destroyer. If you call Him light He is also dark. How can you describe the infinite? Guruji is saying, “All I can do is praise you and even with that I never get tired.” “TuDh kartay; Oh Waheguru, too har sukh-daata vadan. You are the har; nourish all sukh-daata; of all peace, vadan; highest. You are the highest nourishor of all peace”

In today’s hukamnama Guruji is talking about the importance of sewa. Guruji is saying, “If you do sewa with your complete consciousness then the Guru; the Philosopher’s stone will transform you into the Gold; into the Gurmukh.”

Khusian De Jaikaree Gazawe!

Nihaal Ho Jave!

Sahib Siri Guru Amardasji De Man Nu Bhave!

Nihal Ho Jave!

Sat Siri Akal!

Gur Bar Akal!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

|

:WW: :WW: :WW:

pray.gif Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh pray.gif

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

bilaaval mehalaa 5 ||

rwKhu ApnI srix pRB moih ikrpw Dwry ]

raakhahu apanee saran prabh mohi kirapaa dhhaarae ||

In the raag of happiness the raag of joy, the raag of love, Satgur Guru Arjan Dev ji says raakhahu, Protect me O prabh, O Lord, O Waheguru! By taking me into Your protection. apanee means yours, saran means protection. By taking me into Your protection, into Your own sanctuary, O Waheguru, with Your Grace! kirapaa means Your grace.

syvw kCU n jwnaU nIcu mUrKwry ]1]

saevaa kashhoo n jaanoo neech moorakhaarae ||1||

Guru Ji says saeva, service, kashhoo means any, n jaanoo means to not know I do not know how to serve You Waheguru. I do not know how to worship You. Why? Because I am meek, I am lowly, I am moorakhaarae. I am a fool.

mwnu krau quDu aUpry myry pRIqm ipAwry ]

maan karo thudhh ooparae maerae preetham piaarae ||

But even though I am lowly, even though I don’t know how to serve You, maan karo means to take pride in. thudhh ooparae means in You, maerae means mine; preetham piaarae means darling, beloved. Lord. even then I take pride in You, Waheguru. I take pride in tthe fact that I am Your lowly slave.

hm AprwDI sd BUlqy qum@ bKsnhwry ]1] rhwau ]

ham aparaadhhee sadh bhoolathae thumh bakhasanehaarae ||1|| rehaao ||

O Waheguru! ham I aparaadhhee sin sadh all the time. I sin all the time. All the time, I am always making mistakes. thumh You; bakhasanehaarae means forgive. You are the one who can forgive all my tresspasses. Guruji says pause and think about this.

hm Avgn krh AsMK nIiq qum@ inrgun dwqwry ]

ham avagan kareh asa(n)kh neeth thumh niragun dhaathaarae ||

ham I; kareh do; asa(n)kh means countelss; neeth means day after day. Day after day I make so many mistakes. I make countless mistakes. But You thumh Wahegureu, You are niragun dhaathaarae. You still bless this servant without any merits. You still shower me with Your mercy.

dwsI sMgiq pRBU iqAwig ey krm hmwry ]2]

dhaasee sa(n)gath prabhoo thiaag eae karam hamaarae ||2||

The sangat sa(n)gath is not Your sangat. Guru ji is saying, I don’t associate with You, Waheguru. prabhoo thiaag! prabhoo means Lord; thiaag means go away from. I go away from the Lord! dhaasee means your slave. Guru ji is talking about Maya here, the illusion created by Waheguru. Guruji is saying: Instead of associating myself with You O Lord, I associate with Your slave Maya, this illusion. I attach myself to this illusion. karam hamaarae, These are my karam, these are my actions.

qum@ dyvhu sBu ikCu dieAw Dwir hm AikrqGnwry ]

thumh dhaevahu sabh kishh dhaeiaa dhhaar ham akirathaghanaarae ||

Waheguruji thumh You dhaevahu give sabh everything by showering Your grace. But ham I akirathaghanaarae, I am ungrateful.

lwig pry qyry dwn isau nh iciq Ksmwry ]3]

laag parae thaerae dhaan sio neh chith khasamaarae ||3||

laag parae means to be attached. thaerae dhaan sio means to your gifts. neh chith khasamaarae. O Waheguru I am attached to the countless gifts You have given me, but I have never, neh chith khasamaarae, in my consciousness, I have never focused, I never meditated on khasamaarae on the Lord and Master of thee gifts, who is You, Waheguru.

quJ qy bwhir ikCu nhI Bv kwtnhwry ]

thujh thae baahar kishh nehee bhav kaattanehaarae ||

O Waheguru, there is nothing outside of You. baahar is outside. There is nothing at all, kishh nehee. There is nothing at all nothing apart from You. You are kaattanehaarae. You are the one who can cut through fear, can destroy, who can eradicate fear.

khu nwnk srix dieAwl gur lyhu mugD auDwry ]4]4]34]

kahu naanak saran dhaeiaal gur laehu mugadhh oudhhaarae ||4||4||34||

Nanak says I am coming to the saran to the protection of dhaeiaal of You the merciful Waheguru. Please liberate this mugadhh. Please liberate this fool. Please liberate this slave of Yours. Guruji is saying I have no virtues, no merits, but save me, because I am yours.

Jaikara Bolave Nihaal

Ho Jave Sarbat Guru Khalsa

Singh Sahibji de Manan Nu Bhave

Satsiri Akal! Gurbar Akal!

Ang 809

http://hukam.sikhnet.com/

pray.gif Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh pray.gif

DnwsrI mhlw 3 qIjw ]

jgu mYlw mYlo hoie jwie ] AwvY jwie dUjY loBwie ] dUjY Bwie sB prj ivgoeI ] mnmuiK cotw Kwie ApunI piq KoeI ]1] gur syvw qy jnu inrmlu hoie ] AMqir nwmu vsY piq aUqm hoie ] rhwau ] gurmuiK aubry hir srxweI ] rwm nwim rwqy Bgiq idRVweI ] Bgiq kry jnu vifAweI pwey ] swic rqy suK shij smwey ]2] swcy kw gwhku ivrlw ko jwxu ] gur kY sbid Awpu pCwxu ] swcI rwis swcw vwpwru ] so DMnu purKu ijsu nwim ipAwru ]3] iqin pRiB swcY ieik sic lwey ] aUqm bwxI sbdu suxwey ] pRB swcy kI swcI kwr ] nwnk nwim svwrxhwr ]4]4]

English Translation :

DHANAASAREE, 3rd MEHL: THIRD

The world is polluted, and those in the world become polluted as well. In attachment to duality, it comes and goes. This love of duality has ruined the entire world. The self-willed manmukh suffers punishment, and forfeits his honor. || 1 || Serving the Guru, one becomes immaculate. He enshrines the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within, and his state becomes exalted. || Pause || The Gurmukhs are saved, taking to the Lords Sanctuary. Attuned to the Lords Name, they commit themselves to devotional worship. The Lords humble servant performs devotional worship, and is blessed with greatness. Attuned to Truth, he is absorbed in celestial peace. || 2 || Know that one who purchases the True Name is very rare. Through the Word of the Gurus Shabad, he comes to understand himself. True is his capital, and true is his trade. Blessed is that person, who loves the Naam. || 3 || God, the True Lord, has attached some to His True Name. They listen to the most sublime Word of His Bani, and the Word of His Shabad. True is service to the True Lord God. O Nanak, the Naam is the Embellisher. || 4 || 4 ||

Tuesday, 2nd Katak (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page : 664)

vaheguroo d_oh.gif

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

I beg only from the Lord for all things. I would hesitate to beg from other people. Remembering God in meditation, liberation is obtained. || 1 || Pause || I have studied with the silent sages, and carefully read the Simritees, the Puraanas and the Vedas; they all proclaim that, by serving the Lord, the ocean of mercy, Truth is obtained, and both this world and the next are embellished.||1|| All other rituals and customs are useless, without remembering the Lord in meditation. O Nanak, the fear of birth and death has been removed; meeting the Holy Saint, sorrow is dispelled. || 2 || 19 || 50 ||

http://hukam.sikhnet.com/2007/10/17/hukamn...ctober-17-2007/

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2604

Kirtan:

Bibi Mansundar Kaur (starts at 21:07 minutes)

http://www.media.sikhsoul.com/audio/Keerta...ndar%20Kaur.mp3

Bhai Maninder Singh (Sri Nagar Wale) - Mangau Ram Te Ek Daan

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Kirta...20Ek%20Daan.mp3

Bhai Dharam Singh Jee Zakhmi - Maango Raam Thae Eik Dhaan

http://www.keertan.org/keertan/RARE%20LIVE...Eik%20Dhaan.mp3

d_oh.gif