Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]

mWgau rwm qy siB Qok] mwnuK kau jwcq sRmu pweIAY pRB kY ismrin moK ]1] rhwau ] GoKy muin jn isMimRiq purwnW byd pukwrih GoK ] ikpw isMDu syiv scu pweIAY dovY suhyly lok ]1] Awn Acwr ibauhwr hY jyqy ibnu hir ismrn Pok ] nwnk jnm mrx BY kwty imil swDU ibnsy sok ]2]19]50]

d_oh.gif

thnx penjee and khalsa productions :)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 October 2007

tofI mhlw 5 ]

mwnuKu ibnu bUJy ibrQw AwieAw ] Aink swj sIgwr bhu krqw ijau

imrqku EFwieAw ] rhwau ] Dwie Dwie ik®pn sRmu kIno iekqR krI hY mwieAw ] dwnu puMnu nhI sMqn syvw ikq hI kwij n AwieAw ]1] kir AwBrx svwrI syjw kwmin Qwtu bnwieAw ] sMgu n pwieE Apuny Brqy pyiK pyiK duKu pwieAw ]2] swro idnsu mjUrI krqw

quhu mUslih CrwieAw ] Kydu BieE bygwrI inAweI Gr kY kwim n AwieAw ]3] BieE AnugRhu jw kau pRB ko iqsu ihrdY nwmu vswieAw ] swDsMgiq kY pwCY pirAau jn nwnk hir rsu pwieAw ]4]2]4]

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Without understanding, his coming into the world is useless. He puts on various ornaments and many decorations, but it is like dressing a corpse. || Pause || With great effort and exertion, the miser works to gather in the riches of Maya. He does not give anything in charity or generosity, and he does not serve the Saints; his wealth does not do him any good at all. || 1 || The soul-bride puts on her ornaments, embellishes her bed, and fashions decorations. But if she does not obtain the company of her Husband Lord, the sight of these decorations only brings her pain. || 2 || The man works all day long, threshing the husks with the pestle. He is depressed, like a forced laborer, and so he is of no use to his own home. || 3 || But when God shows His Mercy and Grace, He implants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within the heart. Search the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and find the sublime essence of the Lord. || 4 || 2 || 4 ||

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Translation by Nihang Sukha Singh Akali

Today’s Hukamnama is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji, in the raag todee on Ang 712 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Guru Arjan Dev Ji with this Hukamnama has blessed us. The todee raag is a very famous raag. The feeling that todee conveys is one which gives birth to wisdom within the soul of the human being. The todee raag, humbly, points out to the human being what the human being is unaware of. It will bring things, which we rarely think about but are important into our focus.

Maanukh bin boojhay birthaa aa-i-aa.

Maanukh means the human being, bin means without, boojhay means understanding/realization/enlightenment, birthaa means worthless/useless, and aa-i-aa means the coming onto the earth. Guru Arjan Dev Ji is saying the coming onto the earth of that human being who has not realized the realization of the soul is completely worthless and useless. Many people say where in Guru Granth Sahib does it say the aim of our lives is to meet God? Guru Arjan Dev Ji is answering that question. Guru Ji says there is no meaning if there is no realization. The realization of the Lord is hwta brings meaning to this life.

Anik saaj seegaar baho kartaa ji-o mirtak odhaa-i-o. Rahaa-o.

Anik means many various types of/various, saaj means ornaments, seegaar means decorations, baho means many, kartaa means to do. What the human being does is anik saaj: i.e., he puts on many different ornaments, adorns him/her self with physical beauty, physical wealth but not spiritual wealth. Guru Ji says all of these things, what are they like? Ji-o means they are as if, mirtak means a corpse and odhaa-i-o means to dress or cover. All of these things which we do, weather they are rituals, in which we don’t have any love or any connection, whether its physical adornment which we think will take us to God, Guru Ji is saying all that is as if a corpse is being dressed and is pointless without that realization.

Rahaa-o Guru Ji saying pause and think about this point.

Dhaa-ay Dhaa-ay kirpan saram keeno ikatar karee hai maa-i-aa.

Dhaa-ay Dhaa-ay means to put great effort into something, to completely exert oneself, kirpan means the miser, saram means to go through a lot of pain, a lot of hardship, keeno means to do. So with great effort, going through many hardships, what does the miser do? Guru Ji says the miser does only one thing; ikatar karee hai maa-i-aa. Ikatar means to gather; karee hai means to do and maa-i-aa means those things, which are transitory, which are not forever. What does the miser do? He/she puts all of their efforts; all their exertions go through all of the hardships to collect together those things, which are transitory, those things which aren’t even going to last. He/she forgets the treasure of the soul, which is within.

Daan punn nahee santan sayvaa kit hee kaaj na aa-i-aa. ||1||

Daan pun means charitable deeds, nahee means not to do, sayvaa means the selfless service, santan means the saints. That miser doesn’t take those transitory things they put together and give them to charity. That miser doesn’t even serve the saints. He does not serve the holy ones. Kit hee kaaj na aa-i-aa. Guru Ji says all that transitory wealth we have got together, that false wealth, kit hee kaaj na aa-i-aa where aa-i-aaa means to come or to produce; kaaj means any worth. Without doing charitable deeds or serving the saints, all that transitory wealth, is wasted says Guru Ji.

Kar aabhran savaaree sayjaa kaaman thaat banaa-i-aa.

Aabhran means decorations. The soul bride puts on these decorations. The soul bride thinks she can buy God. But she can’t. Sayjaa means the bed of the soul bride, savaaree means to embellish, to decorate that bed. Kaaman thaat banaa-i-aa means puts on all decorations. But all these decorations they are the decorations of ego, desire, attachment, greed, anger. The soul bride does not wear the true decorations of love, humility, grace, and dignity.

Sang na paa-i-o apunay bhartay paykh paykh dukh paa-i-aa. ||2||

Sang, means the union, the company. The soul bride does not find the company of apunay bhartay of her husband Lord. Her husband Lord is not impressed by these decorations of duality. Then what happens? Paykh paykh dukh paa-i-aa. the soul bride looks at these transitory goods she has collected, looks at these so-called decorations of maa-i-aa of falsehood, and the soul bride has pain in her heart.

Saaro dinas majooree kartaa tuhu mooslahi chharaa-i-aa.

Saaro means all and dinas means day. All day the human being majooree kartaa where majooree means works and kartaa means to work. All day long the human being works but what is this work like? Guru Ji says tuhu mooslahi chharaa-i-aa. In India, what they do is grind down, in a mill, the harvest, to get out the daaneh, the seeds from which the flour can be made. Guru Ji says the work that the man does, what is it like? Mooslahi means the pesal, chharaa-i-aa means to thresh, to turn around and tuhu means husks. The work that the human being is oing is like taking the empty husks and trying to get the seeds out of that but that can’t ever happen. Husks cannot ever produce that, as husks are the leftovers. The man is leaving behind what is truly nourishing and picking up these husks, these leftovers.

Khayd bha-i-o baygaaree ni-aa-ee ghar kai kaam na aa-i-aa. ||3||

Bha-i-o means to be become and khayd means depressed. The man becomes depressed. Baygaaree means slave and ni-aa-ee means like. The man becomes depressed like a slave. Ghar means the home of the soul. Kaam na aa-i-aa means to be of no use to. The man works all day without remembering God, without having love inside his heart. Guru ji says that work, does not come to any fruit to his true house, which is the soul within him.

Bha-i-o anoograhu jaa ka-o parabh ko tis hirdai naam vasaa-i-aa.

jaa ka-o means upon whom, bha-i-o anoograhu means mercy has shone upon, parabh ko means of the Lord. Upon whom the Lords mercy, has been shown, the Lords grace has been showered. What happens to that person? In their hirdai (heart), naam (the name of the Lord) vasaa-i-aa (to implant), the name of the Lord is implanted into their heart and soul. Hey are no longer grinding down the husks. They find the true nourishing food of the soul.

SaaDhsangat kai paachhai pari-a-o jan naanak har ras paa-i-aa. ||4||2||4||

Paachhai means to find, pari-a-o means to follow. Guru Ji is saying in order to find the har ras the essence of the Lord, Hari, God, to paa that (paa-i-aa means to find), what do you have to do? Guru Ji is saying to find the sublime essence of the Lord; you must continually follow and serve the SaaDhsangat, the congregation of the holy, the company of the holy. You want to find peace, you want to get out of this rat race,

Guru Ji says follow the SaaDhsangat. In the SaaDhsangat you will find the essence of the Lord. May Guru Ji bless us with the understanding, so our coming onto this earth, is not worthless/useless. May we pray on this day that God showers his mercy upon all of us and that we come to the realization that we have come onto this earth to realize the creator Lord is inside us. Maanukh bin boojhay birthaa aa-i-aa. Anik saaj seegaar baho kartaa ji-o mirtak odhaa-i-o. Rahaa-o.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

soriT mhlw 5 ]

ihrdY nwmu vswiehu ] Gir bYTy gurU iDAwiehu ] guir pUrY scu kihAw ] so suKu swcw lihAw ]1] Apunw hoieE guru imhrvwnw ] And sUK kilAwx mMgl isau Gir Awey kir iesnwnw ] rhwau ] swcI gur vifAweI ] qw kI kImiq khxu n jweI ] isir swhw pwiqswhw ] gur Bytq min Emwhw ]2] sgl prwCq lwQy ] imil swDsMgiq kY swQy ] gux inDwn hir nwmw ] jip pUrn hoey kwmw ]3] guir kIno mukiq duAwrw ] sB isRsit krY jYkwrw ] nwnk pRBu myrY swQy ] jnm mrx BY lwQy ]4]2]52]

English Translation :

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

Enshrine the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within your heart; sitting within your own home, meditate on the Guru. The Perfect Guru has spoken the Truth; the True Peace is obtained only from the Lord. || 1 || My Guru has become merciful. In bliss, peace, pleasure and joy, I have returned to my own home, after my purifying bath. || Pause || True is the glorious greatness of the Guru; His worth cannot be described. He is the Supreme Overlord of kings. Meeting with the Guru, the mind is enraptured. || 2 || All sins are washed away, meeting with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. The Lords Name is the treasure of excellence; chanting it, ones affairs are perfectly resolved. || 3 || The Guru has opened the door of liberation, and the entire world applauds Him with cheers of victory. O Nanak, God is always with me; my fears of birth and death are gone. || 4 || 2 || 52 ||

Friday, 5th Katak (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 621)

d_oh.gif

http://hukam.sikhnet.com/2007/10/20/hukamn...ctober-20-2007/

The Hukamnama today is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Sorath on Ang 634 of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

soriT mhlw 1 Gru 1 AstpdIAw cauqukI

sorat(h) mehalaa 1 ghar 1 asattapadheeaa chouthukee

Sorat’h, First Mehla, First House, Ashtpadeeaa, Chau-Tukee:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

duibDw n pVau hir ibnu horu n pUjau mVY mswix n jweI ]

dhubidhhaa n parro har bin hor n poojo marrai masaan n jaaee ||

I am not torn by duality, because I do not worship any other than the Lord; I do not visit tombs or crematoriums.

iqRsnw rwic n pr Gir jwvw iqRsnw nwim buJweI ]

thrisanaa raach n par ghar jaavaa thrisanaa naam bujhaaee ||

I do not enter the houses of strangers, engrossed in desire. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, has satisfied my desires

Gr BIqir Gru gurU idKwieAw shij rqy mn BweI ]

ghar bheethar ghar guroo dhikhaaeiaa sehaj rathae man bhaaee ||

Deep within my heart, the Guru has shown me the home of my being, and my mind is imbued with peace and poise, O Siblings of Destiny.

qU Awpy dwnw Awpy bInw qU dyvih miq sweI ]1]

thoo aapae dhaanaa aapae beenaa thoo dhaevehi math saaee ||1||

You Yourself are all-knowing, and You Yourself are all-seeing; You alone bestow intelligence, O Lord. ||1||

mnu bYrwig rqau bYrwgI sbid mnu byiDAw myrI mweI ]

man bairaag ratho bairaagee sabadh man baedhhiaa maeree maaee ||

My mind is detached, imbued with detachment; the Word of the Shabad has pierced my mind, O my mother

AMqir joiq inrMqir bwxI swcy swihb isau ilv lweI ] rhwau ]

a(n)thar joth nira(n)thar baanee saachae saahib sio liv laaee || rehaao ||

God’s Light shines continually within the nucleus of my deepest self; I am lovingly attached to the Bani, the Word of the True Lord Master. ||Pause||

AsMK bYrwgI khih bYrwg so bYrwgI ij KsmY BwvY ]

asa(n)kh bairaagee kehehi bairaag so bairaagee j khasamai bhaavai ||

Countless detached renunciates talk of detachment and renunciation, but he alone is a true renunciate, who is pleasing to the Lord Master.

ihrdY sbid sdw BY ricAw gur kI kwr kmwvY ]

hiradhai sabadh sadhaa bhai rachiaa gur kee kaar kamaavai ||

The Word of the Shabad is ever in his heart; he is absorbed in the Fear of God, and he works to serve the Guru.

eyko cyqY mnUAw n folY Dwvqu vrij rhwvY ]

eaeko chaethai manooaa n ddolai dhhaavath varaj rehaavai ||

He remembers the One Lord, his mind does not waver, and he restrains its wanderings.

shjy mwqw sdw rMig rwqw swcy ky gux gwvY ]2]

sehajae maathaa sadhaa ra(n)g raathaa saachae kae gun gaavai ||2||

He is intoxicated with celestial bliss, and is ever imbued with the Lord’s Love; he sings the Glorious Praises of the True Lord. ||2||

mnUAw pauxu ibMdu suKvwsI nwim vsY suK BweI ]

manooaa poun bi(n)dh sukhavaasee naam vasai sukh bhaaee ||

The mind is like the wind, but if it comes to rest in peace, even for an instant, then he shall abide in the peace of the Name, O Siblings of Destiny.

ijhbw nyqR soqR sic rwqy jil bUJI quJih buJweI ]

jihabaa naethr sothr sach raathae jal boojhee thujhehi bujhaaee ||

His tongue, eyes and ears are imbued with Truth; O Lord, You quench the fires of desire.

Aws inrws rhY bYrwgI inj Gir qwVI lweI ]

aas niraas rehai bairaagee nij ghar thaarree laaee ||

In hope, the renunciate remains free of hopes; in the home of his own inner self, he is absorbed in the trance of deep meditation.

iBiKAw nwim rjy sMqoKI AMimRqu shij pIAweI ]3]

bhikhiaa naam rajae sa(n)thokhee a(n)mrith sehaj peeaaee ||3||

He remains content, satisfied with the charity of the Naam; he drinks in the Ambrosial Amrit with ease. ||3||

duibDw ivic bYrwgu n hovI jb lgu dUjI rweI ]

dhubidhhaa vich bairaag n hovee jab lag dhoojee raaee ||

There is no renunciation in duality, as long as there is even a particle of duality.

sBu jgu qyrw qU eyko dwqw Avru n dUjw BweI ]

sabh jag thaeraa thoo eaeko dhaathaa avar n dhoojaa bhaaee ||

The whole world is Yours, Lord; You alone are the Giver. There is not any other, O Siblings of Destiny.

mnmuiK jMq duiK sdw invwsI gurmuiK dy vifAweI ]

manamukh ja(n)th dhukh sadhaa nivaasee guramukh dhae vaddiaaee ||

The self-willed manmukh dwells in misery forever, while the Lord bestows greatness upon the Gurmukh.

Apr Apwr AgMm Agocr khxY kIm n pweI ]4]

apar apaar aga(n)m agochar kehanai keem n paaee ||4||

God is infinite, endless, inaccessible and unfathomable; His worth cannot be described. ||4||

suMn smwiD mhw prmwrQu qIin Bvx piq nwmM ]

su(n)n samaadhh mehaa paramaarathh theen bhavan path naama(n) ||

The consciousness in deep Samaadhi, the Supreme Being, the Lord of the three worlds - these are Your Names, Lord.

msqik lyKu jIAw jig jonI isir isir lyKu shwmM ]

masathak laekh jeeaa jag jonee sir sir laekh sehaama(n) ||

The creatures born into this world have their destiny inscribed upon their foreheads; they experience according to their destinies.

krm sukrm krwey Awpy Awpy Bgiq idRVwmM ]

karam sukaram karaaeae aapae aapae bhagath dhrirraama(n) ||

The Lord Himself causes them to do good and bad deeds; He Himself makes them steadfast in devotional worship.

min muiK jUiT lhY BY mwnµ Awpy igAwnu AgwmM ]5]

man mukh joot(h) lehai bhai maana(n) aapae giaan agaama(n) ||5||

The filth of their mind and mouth is washed off when they live in the Fear of God; the inaccessible Lord Himself blesses them with spiritual wisdom. ||5||

ijn cwiKAw syeI swdu jwxin ijau guMgy imiTAweI ]

jin chaakhiaa saeee saadh jaanan jio gu(n)gae mit(h)iaaee ||

Only those who taste it know its sweet taste, like the mute, who eats the candy, and only smiles.

AkQY kw ikAw kQIAY BweI cwlau sdw rjweI ]

akathhai kaa kiaa kathheeai bhaaee chaalo sadhaa rajaaee ||

How can I describe the indescribable, O Siblings of Destiny? I shall follow His Will forever.

guru dwqw myly qw miq hovY ingury miq n kweI ]

gur dhaathaa maelae thaa math hovai nigurae math n kaaee ||

If one meets with the Guru, the Generous Giver, then he understands; those who have no Guru cannot understand this.

ijau clwey iqau cwlh BweI hor ikAw ko kry cqurweI ]6]

jio chalaaeae thio chaaleh bhaaee hor kiaa ko karae chathuraaee ||6||

As the Lord causes us to act, so do we act, O Siblings of Destiny. What other clever tricks can anyone try? ||6||

ieik Brim Bulwey ieik BgqI rwqy qyrw Kylu Apwrw ]

eik bharam bhulaaeae eik bhagathee raathae thaeraa khael apaaraa ||

Some are deluded by doubt, while others are imbued with devotional worship; Your play is infinite and endless.

ijqu quDu lwey qyhw Plu pwieAw qU hukim clwvxhwrw ]

jith thudhh laaeae thaehaa fal paaeiaa thoo hukam chalaavanehaaraa ||

As You engage them, they receive the fruits of their rewards; You alone are the One who issues Your Commands.

syvw krI jy ikCu hovY Apxw jIau ipMfu qumwrw ]

saevaa karee jae kishh hovai apanaa jeeo pi(n)dd thumaaraa ||

I would serve You, if anything were my own; my soul and body are Yours.

siqguir imilAY ikrpw kInI AMimRq nwmu ADwrw ]7]

sathigur miliai kirapaa keenee a(n)mrith naam adhhaaraa ||7||

One who meets with the True Guru, by His Grace, takes the Support of the Ambrosial Naam. ||7||

ggnµqir vwisAw gux prgwisAw gux mih igAwn iDAwnM ]

gagana(n)thar vaasiaa gun paragaasiaa gun mehi giaan dhhiaana(n) ||

He dwells in the heavenly realms, and his virtues radiantly shine forth; meditation and spiritual wisdom are found in virtue.

nwmu min BwvY khY khwvY qqo qqu vKwnM ]

naam man bhaavai kehai kehaavai thatho thath vakhaana(n) ||

The Naam is pleasing to his mind; he speaks it, and causes others to speak it as well. He speaks the essential essence of wisdom.

sbdu gur pIrw gihr gMBIrw ibnu sbdY jgu baurwnM ]

sabadh gur peeraa gehir ga(n)bheeraa bin sabadhai jag bouraana(n) ||

The Word of the Shabad is his Guru and spiritual teacher, profound and unfathomable; without the Shabad, the world is insane.

pUrw bYrwgI shij suBwgI scu nwnk mnu mwnM ]8]1]

pooraa bairaagee sehaj subhaagee sach naanak man maana(n) ||8||1||

He is a perfect renunciate, naturally at ease, O Nanak, whose mind is pleased with the True Lord. ||8||1||

Guru Nanak Maharaj is talking to us in the Sorath Raag and whenever we read the Sorath Raag we must remember the words of Guru Ram Das ji on Ang 642 of Guru Granth Sahib ji. Guru ji says sorath taam suhaavanee jaa har naam dhandholay, the Sorath Raag is beautiful only when it leads the soul-bride to seek the Lord’s Name, to meditate upon God’s name. Following these instructions of Guru Ram Das ji, we now look into the shabad Guru Nanak Dev ji has written in the ghar pehala, the first house, Ashtpadeeaa, which means the shabad has 8 padea, 8 feet, the shabad has 8 parts.

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaad, ik, there is one, oa(n)kar, creative, nourishing and destructive being, who is sath, who is true forever and who is found through gur prasaad, through the true Guru’s grace.

dhubidhhaa n parro har bin hor n poojo marrai masaan n jaaee, dhubidhhaa n parro, parro means to be torn apart, to fall into, dhubidhhaa means duality, dhubidhhaa means two types of mind, there are only two ways of living on this earth, you either live in ego or you live in Waheguru. Guru ji says now I am no longer in duality between these two things, I have chosen the path of Waheguru. I have given up my ego; har bin hor n poojo, without Waheguru, without Hari, hor means any other, poojo means to worship, I don’t worship any other, I am not a slave to ego anymore. I am only a slave to Waheguru; marrai masaan n jaaee, I do not visit marrai masaan, marrai masaan means tombs, I do not worship the dead, I do not worship any other.

thrisanaa raach n par ghar jaavaa thrisanaa naam bujhaaee, I do not indulge in thrisanaa, thrisanaa means desire, thrisanaa means coveting other people’s things, I do not have any desire for other people’s things, I am happy, I am fulfilled; n par ghar jaavaa, I do not enter the houses of strangers, I do not go to any other place to look for peace, to any other house, I found it within myself; thrisanaa, this desire, naam bujhaaee, the name of God, the name of Waheguru has put out this fire of desire inside me.

ghar bheethar ghar guroo dhikhaaeiaa sehaj rathae man bhaaee, within my heart, bheethar, means in my heart, ghar guroo dhikhaaeiaa, the Guru has shown me the true peace is within my heart, naam is within you; sehaj rathae man bhaaee, my mind, O brothers, my mind, is rathae is imbued in sehaj, in complete intuitive peace.

thoo aapae dhaanaa aapae beenaa thoo dhaevehi math saaee, O Waheguru ji you yourself are dhaanaa, you are all knowing, you are beenaa, you are all seeing, thoo dhaevehi, whatever you give, math saaee, that is all the intelligence I have, everything you give to me.

man bairaag ratho bairaagee sabadh man baedhhiaa maeree maaee, my mind has gone into bairaag, detachment, from this worldly falsehood; ratho bairaagee, completely imbued, completely rathea, completely indulged in detachment from the world; sabadh man baedhhiaa maeree maaee, why because the shabad, the word of the shabad, the word of the Guru’s mantar, man baedhhiaa, baedhhiaa means to pierce, pierce through my mind, o maeree maaee, o my mother.

a(n)thar joth nira(n)thar baanee saachae saahib sio liv laaee, anthar means inside me, inside me God’s light, God’s joth is shining continually, niranthar baanee, I am attached to the word of the shabad, which emanates from this joth; saachae saahib sio liv laaee, why because I am attached my liv, my love, to the True Lord. Rehaao, Guru ji says pause and think about this.

asa(n)kh bairaagee kehehi bairaag so bairaagee j khasamai bhaavai, Guru ji says many people, countless people, say that they are bairaagee, talk about bairaag, talk about detachment from the world, kehehi bairaag, but Guru ji say so bairaagee, only that person is truly detached from the world, j khasamai bhaavai, who is accepted by Waheguru, who follows Waheguru’s path.

hiradhai sabadh sadhaa bhai rachiaa gur kee kaar kamaavai, within his heart he has the shabad, he has the word, resonating all the time; sadhaa bhai rachiaa, he is absorbed into the fear of God, into the love of God; gur kee kaar kamaavai, gur kee, means Guru’s, kaar means work, he follows out the Guru’s work, he lives the Guru’s instructions to the T.

eaeko chaethai manooaa n ddolai dhhaavath varaj rehaavai, he meditates upon the One, eaeko, manooaa n ddolai, and if he does this what hapens, his mind never wavers, kadhe nahin doladha; dhhaavath varaj rehaavai, dhhaavath, wanderings of his mind, sensory organs and of desire and ego, what does he do, he restrains all these, varaj rehaavai, restrains the minds wanderings.

sehajae maathaa sadhaa ra(n)g raathaa saachae kae gun gaavai, he is intoxicated with sehajae, with intuitive peace, sadhaa ra(n)g raathaa, and is always colored in the color of God’s love; saachae kae gun gaavai, he sings the praises, the gun of the True Waheguru.

manooaa poun bi(n)dh sukhavaasee naam vasai sukh bhaaee, O brothers, o bhaie, manooaa poun, the mind is like wind, which is never still, the wind moves here, the wind moves there, it is never still, bi(n)dh sukhavaasee, but if even for a second this mind rests still, Guru ji says even for a second this mind comes to rest, naam vasai sukh bhaaee, you will be able to abide in peace forever in God’s name.

jihabaa naethr sothr sach raathae jal boojhee thujhehi bujhaaee, that person whose jihabaa, whose tongue, whose naethr, whose eyes, whose sothr, ears are continually colored in the Truth, the sach, jal boojhee, the fire of desire bujhaaee, will be put out, thujhehi bujhaaee, Waheguru himself will protect those people.

aas niraas rehai bairaagee nij ghar thaarree laaee, the only hope that person has is to remain free of hope, he is above hope, aas niraas rehai bairaagee, he is always detached from the world, nij ghar thaarree laaee, inside him, inside the house of himself, inside his soul, he is absorbed in this thaarree laaee, deep trance of meditation.

bhikhiaa naam rajae sa(n)thokhee a(n)mrith sehaj peeaaee, bhikhiaa what does he beg for, he begs for the name, the name of God, rajae sa(n)thokhee, and on this name he becomes sa(n)thokhee, satisfied, a(n)mrith sehaj peeaaee, he drinks the ambroisal nectar, the amrit, the immortal nectar of peace as he meditates upon the naam.

dhubidhhaa vich bairaag n hovee jab lag dhoojee raaee, you cannot be detached if you are in two minds, if you are still following the path of ego, you got to follow one path, if you are to be totally detached from this world; jab lag dhoojee raaee, even if there is a small amount of duality inside you, it cannot happen.

sabh jag thaeraa thoo eaeko dhaathaa avar n dhoojaa bhaaee, O Waheguru this world is yours, is thaeraa, thoo eaeko dhaathaa, you are the One dhaathaa, One giver to the world, avar n dhoojaa bhaaee, there is no other, who gives to this world, who looks after this world, O brothers, O bhaaee.

manamukh ja(n)th dhukh sadhaa nivaasee guramukh dhae vaddiaaee, the manamukhs who follow their mind, sadhaa nivaasee, they always live in misery, in dhukh, in pain, why? Because they are following their mind and not the Guru, but guramukh dhae vaddiaaee, the guramukh, the one who follows the Guru is blessed with glory and greatness.

apar apaar aga(n)m agochar kehanai keem n paaee, God is apar apaar, he is infinite, aga(n)m, inaccessible, agochar, unfathamable by this mind, kehanai keem n paaee, the greatness of God cannot be described.

su(n)n samaadhh mehaa paramaarathh theen bhavan path naama(n) , O Waheguru, you are the su(n)n samaadhh, You are the consciousness of deep samaadhhi, of deep concentration, of deep devotion, mehaa paramaarathh, You are the supreme paramaarathh, the supreme being, theen bhavan path, You are the path of the O Lord of theen bhavan, all three worlds. Waheguru these are Your names that people repeat.

masathak laekh jeeaa jag jonee sir sir laekh sehaama(n), masathak laekh, the jeeaa, the creatures which are born on this earth, on their masthak, on their for head, they have their destiny inscribed, they have their destiny written, sir sir laekh sehaama(n), sehaama(n) means to experience, they experience according to their destiny, their pre-ordained destinies.

karam sukaram karaaeae aapae aapae bhagath dhrirraama(n) , God Himself gets them to do good and bad deeds, karam sukaram, aapae bhagath dhrirraama(n) , He Himself installs bhagaths, His loving devotion inside them.

man mukh joot(h) lehai bhai maana(n) aapae giaan agaama(n) , the filth of your man, your mind and your mukh, your mouth will be washed away if you live in the fear of God, if you live in love of God, aapae giaan agaama(n) , then God Himself will bless you with giaan, His spiritual knowledge.

:WW: :WW: :WW:

[October 28, 2007, Sunday 05:00 AM. IST]

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, TI-TUKAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Who should I ask? Who should I worship? All were created by Him. Whoever appears to be the greatest of the great, shall ultimately be mixed with the dust. The Fearless, Formless Lord, the Destroyer of Fear bestows all comforts, and the nine treasures. || 1 || O Dear Lord, Your gifts alone satisfy me. Why should I praise the poor helpless man? Why should I feel subservient to him? || Pause || All things come to one who meditates on the Lord; the Lord satisfies his hunger. The Lord, the Giver of peace, bestows such wealth, that it can never be exhausted. I am in ecstasy, absorbed in celestial peace; the True Guru has united me in His Union. || 2 || O mind, chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord; worship the Naam, night and day, and recite the Naam. Listen to the Teachings of the Holy Saints, and all fear of death will be dispelled. Those blessed by Gods Grace are attached to the Word of the Gurus Bani. || 3 || Who can estimate Your worth, God? You are kind and compassionate to all beings. Everything which You do, prevails; I am just a poor child what can I do? Protect and preserve Your servant Nanak; be kind to him, like a father to his son. || 4 || 1 ||

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

ikAw hm jIA jMq bycwry brin n swkh eyk romweI ] bRhm mhys isD muin ieMdRw byAMq Twkur qyrI giq nhI pweI ]1] ikAw kQIAY ikCu kQnu n jweI ] jh jh dyKw qh rihAw smweI ]1] rhwau ] jh mhw BieAwn dUK jm sunIAY qh myry pRB qUhY shweI ] srin pirE hir crn ghy pRB guir nwnk kau bUJ buJweI ]2]5]91]

English Translation :

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

What am I? Just a poor living being. I cannot even describe one of Your hairs, O Lord. Even Brahma, Shiva, the Siddhas and the silent sages do not know Your State, O Infinite Lord and Master. || 1 || What can I say? I cannot say anything. Wherever I look, I see the Lord pervading. || 1 || Pause || And there, where the most terrible tortures are heard to be inflicted by the Messenger of Death, You are my only help and support, O my God. I have sought His Sanctuary, and grasped hold of the Lords Lotus Feet; God has helped Guru Nanak to understand this understanding. || 2 || 5 || 91 ||

Thursday, 18th Katak (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 822)

d_oh.gif

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

ikAw hm jIA jMq bycwry brin n swkh eyk romweI ] bRhm mhys isD muin ieMdRw byAMq Twkur qyrI giq nhI pweI ]1] ikAw kQIAY ikCu kQnu n jweI ] jh jh dyKw qh rihAw smweI ]1] rhwau ] jh mhw BieAwn dUK jm sunIAY qh myry pRB qUhY shweI ] srin pirE hir crn ghy pRB guir nwnk kau bUJ buJweI ]2]5]91]

English Translation :

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

What am I? Just a poor living being. I cannot even describe one of Your hairs, O Lord. Even Brahma, Shiva, the Siddhas and the silent sages do not know Your State, O Infinite Lord and Master. || 1 || What can I say? I cannot say anything. Wherever I look, I see the Lord pervading. || 1 || Pause || And there, where the most terrible tortures are heard to be inflicted by the Messenger of Death, You are my only help and support, O my God. I have sought His Sanctuary, and grasped hold of the Lords Lotus Feet; God has helped Guru Nanak to understand this understanding. || 2 || 5 || 91 ||

Thursday, 18th Katak (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 822)

Waheguru d_oh.gif

d_oh.gif

rwgu sUhI AstpdIAw mhlw 4 Gru 2

<> siqgur pRswid ]

koeI Awix imlwvY myrw pRIqmu ipAwrw hau iqsu pih Awpu vycweI ]1] drsnu hir dyKx kY qweI ] ikpw krih qw siqguru mylih hir hir nwmu iDAweI ]1] rhwau ] jy suKu dyih q quJih ArwDI duiK BI quJY iDAweI ]2] jy BuK dyih q ieq hI rwjw duK ivic sUK mnweI ]3] qnu mnu kwit kwit sBu ArpI ivic AgnI Awpu jlweI ]4] pKw PyrI pwxI Fovw jo dyvih so KweI ]5] nwnku grIbu Fih pieAw duAwrY hir myil lYhu vifAweI ]6] AKI kwiF DrI crxw qil sB DrqI iPir mq pweI ]7] jy pwis bhwlih qw quJih ArwDI jy mwir kFih BI iDAweI ]8] jy loku slwhy qw qyrI aupmw jy inMdY q Coif n jweI ]9] jy quDu vil rhY qw koeI ikhu AwKau quDu ivsirAY mir jweI ]10] vwir vwir jweI gur aUpir pY pYrI sMq mnweI ]11] nwnku ivcwrw BieAw idvwnw hir qau drsn kY qweI ]12] JKVu JwgI mIhu vrsY BI guru dyKx jweI ]13] smuMdu swgru hovY bhu Kwrw gurisKu liG gur pih jweI ]14] ijau pRwxI jl ibnu hY mrqw iqau isKu gur ibnu mir jweI ]15] ijau DrqI soB kry jlu brsY iqau isKu gur imil ibgsweI ]16] syvk kw hoie syvku vrqw kir kir ibnau bulweI ]17] nwnk kI bynqI hir pih gur imil gur suKu pweI ]18] qU Awpy guru cylw hY Awpy gur ivcu dy quJih iDAweI ]19] jo quDu syvih so qUhY hovih quDu syvk pYj rKweI ]20] BMfwr Bry BgqI hir qyry ijsu BwvY iqsu dyvweI ]21] ijsu qUM dyih soeI jnu pwey hor inhPl sB cqurweI ]22] ismir ismir ismir guru Apunw soieAw mnu jwgweI ]23] ieku dwnu mMgY nwnku vycwrw hir dwsin dwsu krweI ]24] jy guru iJVky q mITw lwgY jy bKsy q gur vifAweI ]25] gurmuiK bolih so Qwie pwey mnmuiK ikCu Qwie n pweI ]26] pwlw kkru vrP vrsY gurisKu gur dyKx jweI ]27] sBu idnsu rYix dyKau guru Apunw ivic AKI gur pYr DrweI ]28] Anyk aupwv krI gur kwrix gur BwvY so Qwie pweI ]29] rYix idnsu gur crx ArwDI dieAw krhu myry sweI ]30] nwnk kw jIau ipMfu gurU hY gur imil iqRpiq AGweI ]31] nwnk kw pRBu pUir rihE hY jq kq qq gosweI ]32]1]

English Translation : [b]

RAAG SOOHEE, ASHTAPADEES, FOURTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. || 1 || I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lords Darshan. When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. || 2 || Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. || 3 || I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. || 4 || I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. || 5 || Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lords Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. || 6 || Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. || 7 || If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. || 8 || If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. || 9 || If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. || 10 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. || 11 || Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lords Darshan. || 12 || Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. || 13 || Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. || 14 || Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. || 15 || Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. || 16 || I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. || 17 || Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. || 18 || You Yourself are the Guru, and You Yourself are the chaylaa, the disciple; through the Guru, I meditate on You. || 19 || Those who serve You, become You. You preserve the honor of Your servants. || 20 || O Lord, Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. One who loves You, is blessed with it. || 21 || That humble being alone receives it, unto whom You bestow it. All other clever tricks are fruitless. || 22 || Remembering, remembering, remembering my Guru in meditation, my sleeping mind is awakened. || 23 || Poor Nanak begs for this one blessing, that he may become the slave of the slaves of the Lord. || 24 || Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Gurus greatness. || 25 || That which Gurmukh speaks is certified and approved. Whatever the self-willed manmukh says is not accepted. || 26 || Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. || 27 || All day and night, I gaze upon my Guru; I install the Gurus Feet in my eyes. || 28 || I make so many efforts for the sake of the Guru; only that which pleases the Guru is accepted and approved. || 29 || Night and day, I worship the Gurus Feet in adoration; have Mercy upon me, O my Lord and Master. || 30 || The Guru is Nanaks body and soul; meeting the Guru, he is satisfied and satiated. || 31 || Nanaks God is perfectly permeating and all-pervading. Here and there and everywhere, the Lord of the Universe. || 32 || 1 ||

Thursday, 25th Katak (Samvat 539 Nanakshahi) (Page: 757) [/b]

d_oh.gif vaheguru d_oh.gif vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru :WW: