Travelling With Kirpaan

Sangat ji gaaj ke blaoo WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa WaheGuruJiKeeFateh!!

Sand Sangat ji, I came to you for guidance. I have desire to take AMRIT and know Akal Purkh will himself have solutions and answers to my question about going with life in western country like USA.

But, I am curious or more to know about the experiences or the issues and the ways to avoid confrontations that every baptised sikh face at security checkpoint in places like AIRPORTs, Federal/Government building(s) and etc...

Everyone here is religiously knowledgeable and socially smart and I believe I would learn alot.

I don't really know how to react if am wearing a Kirpaan and at the security checkpoint I am told to remove/seperate myself from Kirpaan and other kakaars. What is everybodys experience and how you have tackled such situations?

WaheGuruJiKaKhalsa WaheGuruJiKeeFateh!!

Waheguroo...Waheguroo...Waheguroo......

i thinks are more complicated and difficult in USA - in UK we are lucky... we can even where a big kirpaan in parlimiant etc.

When going on Aeroplane, if u think it is best to take off kirpaan then the advice is:

- do ardaas, remove kirpan and put in your luggage.

- on arriving at destination - put on kirpaan, recite sri japji sahib da paat and followed with an ardaas.

maharaaj jaani jaan han.

i don't advice in USA but other countries like UK etc - u can get away with wearing a small kirpaan underneath your clothes (please search aerplane on kirpan post on the forum).

if we are forced to take off our kakkaars then our Amrit is not broken. Our Amrit is much greater than that and can't be broken.

However as a Sikh it is painful to see our Kakkaar leave our body - jus as it is painful for someone to lose their arm or leg.

bhul chuk maaf.