Tattoos?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

wat does sikhi say about tattoos i see many guys with kandeh on thier arms etc. i cant lie either i have got a khanda on my right arm and a lion covering my whole back, rolleyes.gif i got it done about 1 year ago ... but now thinking of it i think i might of made a mistake but then again i sometimes think i havent becuase from my point of view becuase my belief was soo strong in sikhi and still is and is getting stronger pray.gif . I mean to say should singhs be allowed them not to show them off but just for one persons own peace of mind wacko.gif ? wats the sangats veiw?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following five K's are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H's. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth Ji)

hope that clears that up

Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth Ji)

94675[/snapback]

is that the general sikh code of conduct ??? or is it just for the amritdharis ??

(off topic...but i need to know !!!)

94676[/snapback]

Bhainji...

that is written in Sri Dasam Granth (writings of Guru Gobind Singh) ... so i guess if you believe in dasam patshahi its for everyone then :) ...