Guru Nanak Did A Lot Of Kamaii And Reached Sachkhand !

OhTwadi

I was responding to the thread, Did Guru's have past life and came across this vaar of bhai gurdaas jee.

Vaar 1 Pauri 24 First episode of Guru Nanak Dev ji

pihlW bwby pwXw bKS dr ipCoN dy iPr Gwl kmweI]

pehilaan baabae paayaa bakhash dhar pishhon dhae fir ghaal kamaaee||

First of all Baba Nanak obtained the gate of the grace (of Lord) and then He underwent and earned the rigorous discipline( of heart and mind).

Line 1

ryq A`k Awhwr kr roVW kI gur krI ivCweI]

raeth aak aahaar kar rorraan kee gur karee vishhaaee||

He fed himself with sand and swallow-wort and made stones his bedding i.e. he enjoyed poverty too.

Line 2 BwrI krI q`pisAw bfy Bwg hir isauN bix AweI]

bhaaree karee thaapasiaa baddae bhaag har sioun ban aaee||

He offered hid full devotion and then he was fortunate to have proximity with God.

Line 3 bwbw pYDw sc KMf nwiniD nwm grIbI pweI]

baabaa paidhhaa sach khandd naanidhh naam gareebee paaee||

Baba reached the region of truth wherefrom he received Nam, the storehouse of nine treasures and humility.

Line 4 bwbw dyKy iDAwn Dr jlqI sB ipRQvI ids AweI]

baabaa dhaekhae dhhiaan dhhar jalathee sabh prithhavee dhis aaee||

In his meditation, Baba found the whole earth burning (with the fire of lust and anger).

Line 5 bwJhu gurU gubwr hY hYhY krdI suxI lukweI]

baajhahu guroo gubaar hai haihai karadhee sunee lukaaee||

Without Guru there is utter darkness and he heard the cries of the common men.

Line 6 bwby ByK bxwieAw aud`wsI kI rIq clweI]

baabae bhaekh banaaeiaa oudhaasee kee reeth chalaaee||

To further understand the people, Guru Nanak donned robes in their manner and preached them to be detached (from the pleasure and pain).

Line 7 ciVHAw soDn Drq lukweI ]òô]

charrihaaa sodhhan dhharath lukaaee ||aa||

Thus he went out to depurate humanity on earth.

Line 8

This ties in with the other thread quite a bit, if the translations have any accuracy, it seems guru sahib did have to do lots of bhagti at one time and was just like me !!! ;)

PS. STTM bhai gurdaas jee's varan section doesn't work :)

Maharaj Ji did everything to lead us by example. They only asked their Sikhs to do that which they themselves had done. Maharaj Ji was Waheguru in a Sargun sareer, definitely not 'like you or me'.

Best Explained :WW: I agree.... he did it to set example ......... also to show that even on being the almighty Nirankar ...... he still does it ............ Prooving the rass it has.

Maharaj Ji did everything to lead us by example. They only asked their Sikhs to do that which they themselves had done. Maharaj Ji was Waheguru in a Sargun sareer, definitely not 'like you or me'.
thats what i thought as well. but if you read the pauri, it says at one time guru sahib didn't have naam and was not in sachkhand :)

I wouldn't quote everything bhai saheb says to be true and the word of god he can be wrong and at fault like any other gursikh, sure we can learn alot from what he wrote, at the same time if that brings doubt as to the authority of guru nanak saaheb then we need to make that decision for ourselves. Remember, these are just HIS views and cannot be 100% accurate or right for that matter.

No-one knows how guru nanak came into this world or any of his past information, and he didn't write it down himself so there's no real authority on what ANYONE can say.

My two cents. Bhul chuk muaaf.

very humble opinion, that maybe we should avoid a topic like this, we dont wana say anything wrong regarding Guroo Sahib, and its not like this helps us do naam, lets concentrate more on his hukam first hana? Not much point in wondering about Guroo Sahib's past when weve got more important stuff like clocking his orders.

I wouldn't quote everything bhai saheb says to be true and the word of god he can be wrong and at fault like any other gursikh, sure we can learn alot from what he wrote, at the same time if that brings doubt as to the authority of guru nanak saaheb then we need to make that decision for ourselves. Remember, these are just HIS views and cannot be 100% accurate or right for that matter.

errr i'm sure you know this but i'll re-iterate anyway...

guru arjan dev sahib jee said that bhai gurdaas jee's writings are the key to unlocking the mysteries of gurbani.

if i can get a hold of him, i will talk to the katha vaachak at gurudwara about this :)