What Shampoo Do You Use?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I've always used Head and Shoulders, with Desi/Mustard Oil afterwards since I was a kid, but in the last 6 to 9 months, my Joora has gone down in size by about 40% and loads of hair always comes out when I wash or comb it. It is quite alarming. ohmy.gif

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What shampoo, conditioner or oils do you use to keep your Kesh healthy?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguroo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use head and shoulders too and i have to wash my hair every day otherwise i cannot comb it because i got an afro! (and now iv'e had to spend like £100 on straightners) anyways ive been told washing it with shampoo everyday is not good so perhaps use an alternative every other day like dehi (yoghurt) or something or try washing it in just conditioner or you can try like chinese herbal places, they have some good stuff, i went to acupunture one time with my dad and i ended up spending like £25 on a shampoo bottle, it was really good (but i could only afford to buy it once lol rolleyes.gif ) my friend is taking some tablet things from the same place because her hair is thin and she reckons it falls out a lot, it's worth visiting one of these joints and finding out more!

WJKK WJKF

Das uses organics 2-in-1 shampoo, coconut oil applied to dried hair (otherwise it sets as white globby stuff). Works well and doesn't give dandruff.

Mustard oil is traditionally used for hair- but it stinks and is really thick, orange and sticky. blush.gif

Natural hot oils are best though, as opposed to mineral oils. Also be sure to rub it into the tips well to prevent split ends, and give yourself a good head massage for the roots.

I tried amlaa hair oil in India once as well (not pure- had perfume and other additives). So not as good as the dehi that my maasi ji used to do my kesi ishnaan with as a kid. This has natural miosturising properties; that's why you'll find a lot of shampoos/ conditioners contain milk of e.g. almonds. However, live yoghurt also has a tendency to start stinking if left closed in damp hair for a long time or if not rinsed out well enough. Nowadays nobody hardly even uses a nalka! (sorry- a bit off point- but I sure do miss that desi stuff)

BTW I heard Head and Shoulders (UK manuf) burns your scalp...so be careful! Your hair deserves loads of TLC- their like your antennae to God!

Remember, with faith and devotion as strong as that of Dhan Dhan Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh Jee- our hair can become as strong and solid as steel wires.

Good luck. Hope your hair grows back soon. wink2.gif

Then u should have a bigger jooRa than :kid: and not diguise it with loads of keskiaa(n) wrapped around! hehehe

WJKK WJKF

Herbal Essences volumizes my hair n keeps it thick blush.gif

And before you wash your hair if you put some type of green oil from india, not sure of name but u put that in ur hair, massage it good into scalp

then after about 2 hours wash your hair

the oil makes your hair very healthy and helps your hair grow

i will ask my mummy and let u knw the name of the oil :TH: