gUjrI mhlw 5 caupdy Gru 1

goojaree mehalaa 5 choupadhae ghar 1

Goojaree, Fifth Mehl, Chau-Padas, First House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

kwhy ry mn icqvih audmu jw Awhir hir jIau pirAw ]

kaahae rae man chithavehi oudham jaa aahar har jeeo pariaa ||

Why, O mind, do you contrive your schemes, when the Dear Lord Himself provides for your care?

2 Goojree Guru Arjan Dev

sYl pQr mih jMq aupwey qw kw irjku AwgY kir DirAw ]1]

sail pathhar mehi janth oupaaeae thaa kaa rijak aagai kar dhhariaa ||1||

From rocks and stones, He created the living beings, and He places before them their sustenance. ||1||

2 Goojree Guru Arjan Dev

this is from panna 495

so do we not beleive in humans evolving from monkeys...... or does this mean that the first animal or.... (im not a biology student so i hope u can forgive me for my terminology) the first living cell or whatever u wanna call it.... was created from stone?

I wonder how many souls that first were created at that time are still here, and how many have joined back with God...

how si that shaheed

?

bhai gurdas je talks about satjug, dating back millions of years, and jugs which have been here for way before the cave times

and bhai sahib we built great monuments int hesr times

look at how old some mandirs in india are

nasa has discovered the pathway raam built to sri lanka from india out of rock now sunk in water

which was mad long before, how did he do that?

scicn changes allt he time

its mostly all guesses

like the atomic theory

how many times has that theory changed??

no one even knows how old the hindu dharm really is, cause as we know it comes from all the way to satjug, although the dharm has changed and even though raam was hankaari sometimes, vaheguru sent him in the ages of satjug, well, that was bal raja

no it dont agree , i dont think, from wat ive read it wudnt be possible

kaljug isnt 200 years olf like people think, it last around 4 million, i have the dates somewhere, forgot them

also the age of man has been DECREASING

we used to live as long as we want, then 100 000, then slowly downt o 100,

scicne says that man has been able to live longer as time goes by

tha might be cause science is looking at maybe last 100 years, or at most maybe 1000 years

they cant factor in satjug, etc.

scicne is changing constantly

look at all of its theory

always changing as they learn more

dont belive everything u learn at skool

bhula chuka maf

hmm... I think slowly they'll( evolutionists) soon catch up with the Sikhi view of Reincarnation... they are still behind :wub: @, still doing research,(haha blush.gif Im Bio majors) but they have started off wit evolution so u need some patience. Religion and Science dont really clash... but Science is still a VERY VERY backward version of Sikhi (Gurbaani is way AHEAD!!! <_< :wub: )

Pul Chook Maaf

gUjrI mhlw 5 caupdy Gru 1

goojaree mehalaa 5 choupadhae ghar 1

Goojaree, Fifth Mehl, Chau-Padas, First House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

kwhy ry mn icqvih audmu jw Awhir hir jIau pirAw ]

kaahae rae man chithavehi oudham jaa aahar har jeeo pariaa ||

Why, O mind, do you contrive your schemes, when the Dear Lord Himself provides for your care?

2  Goojree Guru Arjan Dev 

sYl pQr mih jMq aupwey qw kw irjku AwgY kir DirAw ]1]

sail pathhar mehi janth oupaaeae thaa kaa rijak aagai kar dhhariaa ||1||

From rocks and stones, He created the living beings, and He places before them their sustenance. ||1||

2  Goojree Guru Arjan Dev 

this is from panna 495

90910[/snapback]

i gots a problem with the english translation. This shabad is read everyday in Rehiraas Sahib. If we read the shabads before and after the Guru speaks of the Food he provides us even to those being whom he has created in rocks and stones. Another example in the followig shabads is given about the the eagle who leave her children behind..

It is not evolution that is being talked about but small insects that are born in rocks that he even provides food for them as well.

As far as i know the word 'mehi' in Sail Pathhar 'MEHi' means within, vich......It is not 'From'.

this is purely a personal opinion.... but from gurbaani that i've read... it's all his Will, type of thing.... i believe there is a concept of evolution in Sikhi, because, in some shabads, you see the translations to be

"and with one big bang he created the world" and stuff...

bhai grudaas ji writes,

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5708

eik kavaao pasaao kar thol n thulaa dhharan samaaee||

He created this cosmos by His one big bang which cannot be weighed on any scale.

bhai sahib writes AGAIN, (and this one is much more relvant..actually, it answers the question directly)

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5939

eik kavaao pasaao kar oua(n)kaar anaek akaaraa||

By one bang, the Oankar created and spread myriad of forms.

poun paanee baisa(n)tharo dhharath agaas nivaas vithhaaraa||

He extended His self in the form of air, water, fire, earth and sky etc.

jal thhal tharavar parabathaa(n) jeea tha(n)th aaganath apaaraa||

He created water, land, trees, mountains and many biotic communities.

eik varabha(n)dd akha(n)dd hai lakh varabha(n)dd palak paravaaraa||

That supreme creator Himself is indivisible and in one wink of an eye can create millions of universes.

kudharath keem n jaaneeai kaevadd kaadhar sirajanehaaraa||

When boundaries of His creation are unknowable, how can the expanse of that Creator be known?

a(n)th bia(n)th n paaraavaaraa ||a||\

No end is there of His extremes; they are infinite.

Here, we see that Bhai Grudaas Ji informs us that he does believe that the world was started by one big bang... he created many bitoic communities, which would imply that tehse biotic communities evolved into our world today...

THIRD time, bhai sahib bhai gurdas ji tells us...

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5940

eik kavaao pasaao jis thol athol n thul thulaaee||

None could be compared with Him Who created and spread everything with one bang.

Bhai Gurdas Ji has answered our question about how sikhi believes the world came about...THREE times! it's all there

what i want to ask is do you think our human form is the last? do you think we're STILL evolving?

so do we not beleive in humans evolving from monkeys......  or does this mean that the first animal or....  (im not a biology student so i hope u can forgive me for my terminology)  the first living cell or whatever u wanna call it....  was created from stone?

hehe, monkeys ... i think scientists believe we all came from that woman in africa, she is so far the oldest species of homosapeins they found

its funny, cuz us scientists want evidence n wont believe that God created us all until we hav evidence <_<

argueing about evolution is like how wen we were kids we used to argue what came first, the chicken or the egg blush.gif

Oh and japman ... thats talking about how the world was created with one big bang

but what about humans? did they evolve? or were they just created n have been the same ever since?

Does Sikhi agree with natural selection ?

I was watching x-men episodes (original) and there was one wit the crazy biologist mr.sinister n they were argueing that charles darwin;s theory of natural selection goes against the divine hand of God, but maybe thats referring to christianity blush.gif