I Love My India!

DivineJourney

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Gurpreet Paaji.

There are certain feelings that one can only get from India - I'm not saying it's my homeland, or that the ill treatment and inhumane torture of Sikhs and our Shaheeds mean nothing... Cos of course they do. I'm not saying I love India...

But you know, walking into Darbaar Sahib, Wow... looking around the magificance of Hemkunt Sahib, roaming those streets where our forefathers, our Guru Sahiban's blessed with their lotus feet - it's a kind of feeling that one can never experience elsewhere...

I love that about India (and Pakistan...)

India is truly a magnificent countryside... I was there for many months a while back and took the opportunity to travel outside of the panjab. The majority of the time i travelled on my own also. The city lights of bombay, the beaches of goa, the mountains in himachel pradesh. I went skiing in the mountain ranges in Kashmir, and hiking in the himalayans in uttaranchal, I rode motorcycles up along crazy hill passes. I reached an altitude of 4500m ... over half way to the top of the world. I dind't get a chance to see rajastan though... that was sad. But apart from the natural beauty, visiting all the gurdwara's around hazoor sahib, in panjab and hemkunt sahib, truly an amazing time of my life. Not to mention the experiences of smagams, Kar Seva, Holla Mahalla, and vasaki!!. WOW

Khalsa Ji... If living a life of slavery is right...... then what in this world do we call wrong????

to create NIRANKAAR'S rule over this world was the mission of our Guru Sahibs... and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Panth Khalsa will break the chains of slavery and be FREE and INDEPENDANT

90023[/snapback]

thats the english translation of the opening lines of a song on the saint soldiers website by a singer called sukhwinder singh (no not the bollywood geeza)

The country that my Guru's chose to come to?

The land that is blessed with so many amazing Gurudwaras?

The land that is covered by the blood of so many Shaheeds?

Yes I love my India.....

• 2 months later...

ssa sareyan nu,

replies on this topic can be best answered by those who live in india and not by those living outside.

as sikhs why shdn't we love india? this is a country for which our forefathers suffered and sacrificed so much,for which everyday hundreds of our brothers drink the jaam of shaheedi at the borders.the place form where our religion originated,the place where we rose from 5 khalsa's to today's approx 25 million.

we shdn't be hating our motherland just because of wht was done to us by the congress,remember the common citizen was never against us.today also sikhs are the most successful community in india this shows that if we hadn't had equal oppourtunities then would we have been so successful.

and who says that guru granth sahab is burned on the streets of india.let me tell u there are more hindus visiting the gurudwaras to bow to the guru than sikhs except panjab may be.plz don't spread such false propaganda.if the common sikh wanted khalistan it would have been made. the common sikhs never wanted it.

regarding hinduism i personally don't like it very much but then our gurus showed us the path of tolerance and respect to other religions.

sikhism has a greater chance of flourishing in the united india than in any khalistan.

i love my kaum, my religion but at the same time i love my india also. :nihungsmile:

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

jai hind