Goin to astrologers

Shaheed

its a epidemic in punjabi society, and to a point even sikh society , for ppl (mostly aunties) to go to these astrologers or pundits and try to get answers from them.....some of these ppl keep strict rehat but go to these guys..... i think its wrong...i mean when u tell them that akall can help them if they do ardas..they agree but still goo

isnt it paap or sumthin??

It is wrong. These guys just loot these people. They rip them off. They say this grai (planet) is causing troubles. They make people pay for some type of paath or mantar. Then when it doesn't work, they make up another plan and say now this grai is in the way or they make up some other false story. Maa-ees and Beebees go there due to Aandhvishwaash. Stick to Akal I say. Forget these tantars and mantars and jantars.

Trust me i m stuck with all this coz my parents themselves follow these jerks...to make things worse, some distant relatives of mine are themselves astrologers in Punjab...and i get to hear stuff like "most ppl who come to them are Sikhs"...those who know me closely are well aware of what all $hit is forced on u juz coz ur greh are messed up...so here is shabad i found on STTM site, and thought that those of u who are bugged by ur parents to do all this superstitious crap, and if ur parents are Sikhs, u may wanna show them this shabad and convince them that Gurbani is more powerful than anyone or anything else...

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...ID=388&Format=2

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Maajh on Pannaa 142

mÚ 1 ]

jy dyhY duKu lweIAY pwp grh duie rwhu ]

rqu pIxy rwjy isrY aupir rKIAih eyvY jwpY Bwau ]

BI qUMhY swlwhxw AwKx lhY n cwau ]3]

ma 1 ||

jae dhaehai dhukh laaeeai paap gareh dhue raahu ||

rath peenae raajae sirai oupar rakheeahi eaevai jaapai bhaao ||

bhee thoo(n)hai saalaahanaa aakhan lehai n chaao ||3||

First Mehl:

If my body were afflicted with pain, under the evil influence of unlucky stars;

and if the blood-sucking kings were to hold power over me

-even if this were my condition, I would still worship and adore You, and my longing to chant Your Praises would not decrease. ||3||

This is very interesting!!! I have seen people who say... God is everything, god is all... all you need is God and remember him. And yet, they go around searhcing for answers and cures, in other places...

Dispite knowing, they are still compelled to search for things that may help them in the physical realm... or "tricks" for the other worlds...

ah... lol!

Maybe it is deeper unbreakable pure love and faith , that needs to well up before becoming detached from other means of self-preservation...

FATEH!

"Jab Eh Kahe, Bipran Ki reet, Me na Karoo In Ki parteet" - Guru Gobind SIngh Ji.. (soz for my stupid spelling errors)

..self explanatory.

FATEH!

91323[/snapback]

u had an error in typing put kahe instead of gahe..

Jab eh "gahe" bipran ki reet mein na karoun inki parteet

This is going off -topic... but here is the full beautiful shabad by Guru Gobind Singh Ji

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.ppa?showtopic=10394

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use