Racist Radio Show Host

Sher Khalsa

...the real question is why does he say that about sikhs?

it is easy to get defensive and assume that he must be a racist but we will only improve ourselves if we think more intelligently...we must consider that perhaps he has had a bad experience of sikhs...if so we need to prevent people misunderstanding the sikhs by the minority that undermine sikhi whilst still using the name of sikhi

rise above

it is easy to get defensive and assume that he must be a racist but we will only improve ourselves if we think more intelligently...we must consider that perhaps he has had a bad experience of sikhs...if so we  need to prevent people misunderstanding the sikhs by the minority that undermine sikhi whilst still using the name of sikhi

rise above

91363[/snapback]

After reading the link, your response might apply generally to certain circumstances but in this case it borders on offensive. The person needs help but to suggest that this hate provides an example for introspection is inappropriate.

We need not be apologists for this kind of crazed racism. The guy is a psychiatrist. He should be stripped of his license and enrolled in kindergarten. Are we afraid of being angry because white masters might then call us angry. *EDITED* !!!! It is perfectly fine to delve in the constructive art of outrage at this kind of thing.

it is easy to get defensive and assume that he must be a racist but we will only improve ourselves if we think more intelligently...we must consider that perhaps he has had a bad experience of sikhs...if so we  need to prevent people misunderstanding the sikhs by the minority that undermine sikhi whilst still using the name of sikhi

rise above

91363[/snapback]

After reading the link, your response might apply generally to certain circumstances but in this case it borders on offensive. The person needs help but to suggest that this hate provides an example for introspection is inappropriate.

We need not be apologists for this kind of crazed racism. The guy is a psychiatrist. He should be stripped of his license and enrolled in kindergarten. Are we afraid of being angry because white masters might then call us angry. *EDITED*!!!! It is perfectly fine to delve in the constructive art of outrage at this kind of thing.

91402[/snapback]

couldnt have said it better myself...

we are alwyas so afraid of wat oithers think, that we look within to assign blame, when sometimes theres no need to assign blame within, jus cuz we a minority doesnt mean we always have to be wrong

You can find this article in the "Oddly Enough" section in Yahoo.....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._immigration_dc

Radio Station Rapped for Anti-Sikh Insults

Thu Mar 31, 8:25 AM ET Oddly Enough - Reuters

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A Canadian radio station was formally reprimanded Wednesday after one of its presenters insulted immigrants to Canada and then said the Sikhs of northern India were "a gang of bozos."

The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council said the item on Montreal's CKAC-FM was "abusive and unduly discriminatory" and ordered the station to make a public apology.

Immigration is a sensitive issue in Canada, one of the few western countries that still accepts large numbers of immigrants each year.

In a show broadcast in December 2003, CKAC-FM presenter Pierre Mailloux told listeners that immigrants who came to Canada should abandon their habits and traditions.

"You cultural communities come from a wacko country. You live a wacko culture. Don't bring it with you. That's the message to convey," he said.

Later in the show he remarked: "I flee northern India because the Sikhs are a gang, a gang of bozos, and then I bring all that with me. No, no, you really don't get it. If you flee your country because it makes no sense, then don't bring those senseless things with you."

The standards council said that while freedom of expression laws entitled Mailloux to express his opposition to wide-scale immigration, he had gone too far with his anti-Sikh comments.

"(We) consider that the host is entitled to espouse his chauvinistic intolerance until such time as his disrespect leaks into individual races and nationalities, as it did when he referred to the Sikhs as 'a gang of bozos'," it said.

The radio station said Mailloux had shown "manifest ignorance of the immigration policies and procedures in Canada" and said it had told him to "show more compassion and reserve concerning immigrants."

This is from the BBC article that was posted above....

Its ruling said that most of Mailloux's views were "very conservative and uninviting [but]they were not in breach of any broadcaster code".

He was entitled to those views "by virtue of the principle of freedom of expression".

In the article i just posted above you can see exactly what he said.. were these comments conservative? isnt this hate crime? since when has hate crime become freedom of expression?........

It's really sad....

Sat Sri Akal:

The guy's main point of attack was that Sikhs should abandon their culture and traditions cause their are not Canadian.

One should ask this person what exactly is Canadian culture that he wants everyone to adopt? Cause Canadians have their roots in a British-French culture. Maybe if this guy stops speaking, dressing, and eating British/French, his arguement might hold weight. Until then, he is representative of that remark, not the Sikhs.

Sikhs are bozos? If being secure in yor beliefs and your identity, having respect for your roots and traditions, and being on a path to seek the Ultimate Truth is being a Bozo, well, then all Sikhs are Bozos.

Bozo Zindabad!

Here's a translation of part of the show

Robert: Those people, when they immigrated here to Canada, personally I would be astounded to see an addendum to their immigration application saying, to our way of thinking and doing, that their purpose is to go to school armed with a knife because it’s their religion. They never asked for that when they asked to immigrate here. The man who joined the RCMP, when he requested his application to be an RCMP police officer, Madam, you will agree with me that he never asked, far less ever said, I’m warning you that if I’m a police officer that doesn’t paint a turban on my head.

Janine: No Robert. Robert, the only point I was attempting to make is that when the little boy who wore a turban in Denise’s school … when the parents learned of it, he came to school the next day without a turban. It was just meant to illustrate that the cultural communities are also doing their part in this. And that … and that I cannot … but Pierre …

Pierre: No, but you seem … no, no, now Janine, the way you’re saying this suggests that it is almost an obligation to respect that. Excuse me.

Janine: No, no, that’s not what I’m saying Pierre. I’m saying that … no.

Pierre: If. The cultural communities are doing their part. No. You cultural communities come from a wacko country. You live a wacko culture. Don’t bring it with you. That’s the message to convey.

[...]

Janine: OK, and we’re on that road, Pierre!

Pierre: That’s right, the hood, the knives, the veils, the - you know - the chasubles, the whole nine yards, you leave that at home.

Robert: I’ll tell you something. Look, if I compare immigration because our current governments, the way that, that, that we are governed, we lack, we aren’t even respected by the rest of the world. Because it makes no sense, the way we’re governed. And the immigration service gives them everything, they give in on everything. There are classes of immigrants who come in here, ethnic groups, that adapt to us. And then there are others who will absolutely not hear of it. Those people, well as far as I’m concerned, I’d rather not get into it …

Pierre: Robert, you cannot flee a wacko culture specifically because it is wacko, and bring that same culture with you.

[...]

Pierre: I flee northern India because the Sikhs are a gang, a gang of bozos, and then I bring all that with me. No, no, you really don’t get it. If you flee your country because it makes no sense, then don’t bring those senseless things with you.

[...]

Dino: There it is. My comment is addressed directly to Mr. … Dr. Mailloux, concerning … the comments he made about immigrants, people who come to live here to have children. I think it is Canada’s primary objective and if Dr. Mailloux is afraid … he says people will come, Muslims, Christians, Latinos, and they will have problems. I say to Dr. Mailloux that it is society, because the first, um, the first people to benefit are the children from whom the government benefits in turn. Their fathers, they come to work here in the factories, they work as cleaners, they do the menial jobs and it will be the poor children who will be in elementary school and daycare centres and who will grow up within Quebec society. They will speak French and go bowling. They will know the religious holidays of Quebec, not those from their country. By a certain age, they won’t even speak their own language. My children do not speak my mother tongue. I speak to them in French, otherwise they don’t understand. So, I don’t see where the problem is. Janine was right to say that the way to solve that problem is to import people, import people, people, bring over a relative …

[...]

Pierre: When you’re at the point where you consider that the government’s priority is to vote against the scarf in schools, to bring back lay schools, they’ve got a heck of a problem on their hands in France. So, Dino, I’m sorry, I’m not a racist I assure you, I’m not xenophobic, but resorting to immigration to solve a demographic problem isn’t the smartest move … there wasn’t much thought given to that.

[...]

Janine: We’re opening our borders to other people and that is the right thing. And without knowing where it will lead us, it is a human experience. That is what Dino is saying – that his kids will probably speak French eventually and as for us, that other culture will leave its mark on us as well. There is nothing wrong with that!

[...]

Pierre: Janine, you’re entitled to your opinion. I disagree, I disagree completely. Look at what is going on in France with the Muslims.

[...]

Janine: They went to colonize the Maghreb and those who collaborated with them, the others, were kicked out. They promised them the moon in France and then they dumped them in ghettos. It’s not so straightforward is it Pierre?

Pierre: So, the immigration issue is a meaty one!

[…]

Janine: We saw a turning point in history. You said so yourself, Pierre, at the top of the program. We have the choice not to have children. Some make that decision very early in their lives and never waiver from it. We have a birthrate of 1.5 per woman in Quebec and, well, that alarms a lot of people.

Pierre: Ah, yes, as far as that is concerned, and to those who want immigration I say open Quebec’s doors to Scandinavians, Western Europeans, individuals who come from relatively civilized countries. But now we’re opening our doors to individuals from backward countries, wacko countries, third world countries and so on … well first off you’ll have to civilize all those people. You’ll get your fill of different coloured skins.

[…]

Pierre: And opening our doors to immigrants from under-developed countries, now there’s a smart move! You don’t now what problems are, my dear!

[…]

Pierre: […] If we become more respectful towards them, the people, the adults, who are worthwhile, the parents who are worthwhile, who would like to reproduce. If we are much more respectful and supportive, we’ll have plenty of them and we won’t need to re-establish the demographic balance with … by opening our doors to the “muktuk” countries. (translation)

Apparently the radio station implicitly endorses this behaviour.

here is the station web link to his profile

http://www.ckac.com/animateurs2.asp?User=244

and here is the proud home page of the station, they may as well have a swastika for a logo.

http://www.ckac.com/index.asp

Anyone here familiar with movers and shakers in quebec who will do something about CKAC continuing to have this person so prominently displayed as part of Canadian media. Anyone here well versed in french to ask the radio station if they feel any compulsion to fire this person rather than promote him.