What Rights Does a Sikh Woman Have Today?

Simran9

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sorry Sangat Jee - I didn't mean to call any woman bad or offend anyone - I just pasted the whole Gurbani shabad which says "why call women bad, as from her kings are born", as Iron Arm had mentioned the shabad partially. Of course woman aren't bad!!!

Also, in no way did I mean to disrespect Sant Jarnail Singh Jee - I agree, when an individual is one with Waheguroo, who are we to debate with them? The :TH: sign was merely an appoval of the Bani panktee Gupt Daasan Daas pointed out.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Please

Waheguroo

why do ppl always bring this up, its like everyother week, this topic comes up, every week we decide its not sikhs, but indians , and then we blame sikhi again for no reason

93138[/snapback]

Because it is still happening, quit denying it and accept it. We can deal with the problem only when ppl actually admit there is a problem. Denying only lets the problem keep going. Remember, admiting there is a problem is the first step in solving a situation. It's pointless to try and solve these problems when you say only another religion is doing this stuff. It's like pointing a finger to someone else, when you yourself have the same situation.

If your still denying it, just remember murphy's law.

Sorry to sound so harsh Shaheed, but users bring up these topics because it is happening. The topic may not be pretty or be idealistic, but these problems need to be addressed and tajen care of, not just swept under the rug. It's time to start admiting there are problems and fix them. If the world and everyone did that, the world wouln't be so messed up. What's happeing instead? Everyone's pointing fingers at everyone else but at the same time not paying attention to there actions.

And by the way, we are not supposed to be slandering other religions.

how did shaheed or anyone slander anybodys relgion?

and if there is something wrong, that guru je says is wrong, u can say it is wrong

straight up, read bachitter natak, look at wat guru nanak dev je said, s much stuff guru je saying this jug is following the ways of maya

93151[/snapback]

I should have said "pointing the finger" instead of slanderi. Whatever word, it's still wrong.

What wopuld you say to those who have experienced gender prejiduce??

Sowhat's YOUR solution to stop this from happening. I'm not blameing ourselves for these things however, we need to make sure it won't ever happen again. K?

where was another religion slandered? certainly not in my posts your seeing things.....

and its not sikhis fault, soo dont blame it, im not sayin it doesnt exist, but we do know what rights woman have in sikhi, full respect, and they have rights, soo the problem that nobody denied, is the cause of somthing else besides SIKH DHARAM

khalsa starr re read the posts

where was another religion slandered? certainly not in my posts your seeing things.....

and its not sikhis fault, soo dont blame it, im not sayin it doesnt exist, but we do know what rights woman have in sikhi, full respect, and they have rights, soo the problem that nobody denied, is the cause of somthing else besides SIKH DHARAM

khalsa starr re read the posts

93156[/snapback]

I did read all the posts. I see pointi g the finger and slandering nearly the same.

I guess we should then call these ppl who commit these acts as not "True" sikhs? That is what i usually call other sikhs who cut their hair and dink anchahol. Got it now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Umm, that's totally irrational, bro. There are plenty of prakash-dara Singhs in Punjab (less than we'd like, but still plenty). No one cares that you are sabat soorat. It isn't 1986. You can walk around in chola, kurta-pajama, or jeans. Whatever. If you want the look @dallysingh101 is referring to, just go into a cheap clothing shop (not a Western-style mall) and buy some shirts for 250 rupees or a track suit for 2000 rupees. You'll get the cheap stuff made in some sweatshop in Bombay.
    • The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 

Important Information

Terms of Use