Sikhs Orphans forced on the Streets! OMG!

sometimes i feel like moving to india and just grouping all of them up so we can all go in the fields make some food... and then just do some simran for the rest of the day.

what else do we need?

I pity those kids, they have no where to go right now. It's disgusting because i sit here with all this technology, and i forget that all i really need is simran...

Wish i could do something, or anyone could.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture is so moving; there is just something about seeing Guru's Sahib's sikh children crying from the hardships afflicted upon them that it is soul stirring.

" I feel like dying with shame that those of our brothers and sisters who gave their lives for our Panth" I feel the same way.

I agree with you mehtab singh where are our jathedaars? Maybe if our jathedaars would act more like sewadaars of the panth rather than mullahs things would be different. Anyways mad respect to Guru Aasra Trust. Singho is this Sardar Dhami's sikh orphange/school org? And also can someone post their info so we can send them money?

After "googling" it I could only find the following info on the trust:

"Sikh orphans denied aid by SGPC

Asit Jolly reports from Chandigarh: In a move that is certain to perturb many in Punjab, the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee has blocked funds to pay for meals at an orphanage housing 65 young Sikh children in the industrial township of Mohali, west of Chandigarh.

Most of the orphans belong to the-so-called Khalistani "terrorists" who were killed by the police or Sikhs who lost their lives during the carnage following the assassination of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in November, 1984.

Ms. Kulbir Kaur, president of the Guru Aasra Trust, which has been caring for the children for the past three years, said that all 65 children living in the orphanage could soon have to go without food because of the SGPC’s decision to block an already meagre monthly grant of Rs 16,000 that was being used to buy rations.

Accompanied by several of the orphans at a press conference in Chandigarh on Ms Kulbir Kaur said that SGPC president was essentially responsible for blocking the food money that had earlier been instituted by her predecessor, Sr Gurcharan Singh Tohra. She said that neither Bibi Jagir Kaur nor any of her associates had bothered to inform the orphanage about their decision.

"I was simply told that no money would henceforth be available when I went to collect the money for the month of October," Ms Kulbir Kaur said. Expressing anguish, she and several other widows who run the Guru Aasra Trust orphanage, hoped that the children’s plight will provoke members of the SGPC to review the case. According to Bibi Jagir Kaur, this was part of a wider policy to discontinue funding to private trusts and institutions which are not under the direct control of the SGPC. Insisting that private institutions must raise their own finances, she said that they could only be helped by the SGPC to tide over short-term expenses only after a formal written application is made.

The SGPC president said that many private trusts that had been ostensibly set up to help people in need, had actually ended up as business ventures for the trustees. "If the Guru Aasra Trust feels it cannot cope with the expenses of so many children, the SGPC is fully prepared to take over charge."

Meanwhile, even as Bibi Jagir Kaur and Ms Kulbir Kaur indulge in verbal duels, the 65 children of the trust continue to suffer in silence as even basic nutrition is denied to them. "

http://www.sikhreview.org/december1999/diary.htm

well at the end of the day some great gursikhs came to the rescue, dhan guru ka khalsa!!!!

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

well nice to see kids got their smile back , thanks to guru and guru kai pyarey.

I seconded Veer Harnek Singh suggestion, pls. sadh sangat talk to ur parents, elders and adopt them, set an example so that they can live respectful life. And why not Sikhs in India (well settled ) should adopt these kids. Adopting these kids is much much better way then to wear any thread (tabeez), going to so called BABA etc. to have kids in life.

I think Institute like Akal Academy (Baru Sahib) should adopt these kids or SGPC should provide similar facilities to these kids.

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

the current so called leaders are pathetic masands, lets just pray day and night that guru sends another great leader like Hari Singh Nalwa, Banda Singh Bahadur, Baba Deep Singh, Sant Jarnail Singh, Harjinder Singh Jinda, Sukhvinder Singh Sukha and so many other great gursikhs. As westerns feel guilty we have everything yet we worry about having the latest clothes, gadget yet these poor kids and many other kids have to worry where thier next meal is coming from. what can we do but pray?