Gurbani With Back Ground Screensaver Project.

Guest Akaal108

Guest Akaal108

Ok basically i was lookin at this project-

>>> http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/ <<

i got the full screen saver..it's amazing way to inspire people...when i was watching the presentation... i was thinking if something similiar to that can be done as in putting gurbani quotes and english translations on inspiring back grounds.. i saw satpreet's (Simran9) work .. it's absoultely marvelous.. may be she could help in a team work where we can first collecte great back grounds and then she can put inspiring quotes from gurbani with english translations and then programmers like - amardeep singh can compile them together into a screen saver format.

that above site is great example how effective the vistual presentations can inspire people.

just have a look at the full version of that presentation ..it could be downloaded from :

right click and save target

>>> http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Othe...viewwithrab.exe <<<

it's about 5 minutes long..short but beautiful...whoever see's it first falls in love with it...

perhaps we can have 100/200 back grounds ...gurbani quotes with english translations and then compile them together with sound- instrumental file...i got few raag instrumental files which will be well suited for this project...

let me know what you guys think..i m well excited already..lol LOL.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was kindly alerted to this topic by Akal Purkh Di Fauj (dang that sounds good :doh: )

and after seeing the screensaver...i'm like WOWWWWWWWWWW ohmy.gif

that is fricken AWESOME i love it :doh:

tongue.gif

you guys asking me? ummm...welll, I dunno. I don't think I have what it takes to make something like that (haven't even figured out all the cool stuff in adobe photoshop yet LOL.gif ) but I'll definitely give it a shot and see what I can make of it. blush.gif

btw, I'm gonna be gone for 2 weeks between may 28 and june 11...and then physics in summer skool starting on june 13 (ouch!)... :) sooo umm...lemme know when you've selected backgrounds and what lines from gurbani...and how you want it? I was doing lareedar just to give myself and the viewer an extra challenge :doh: ....but you guys decide how you want it.

ok...this is cool idea :wub:

Guest Akaal108

ok guys..let get cracking...i ll already have backgrounds .. i just need them to sort them out ..put them in one folder and that's it..i also got the back ground sound..now main challenge is - picking up gurbani quotes..there is no such thing as favourtism in gurbani..gurbani is all beautiful(dhur ki bani) does not matter which composition we pick...i think it's totally up to simran whichever gurbani quotes with english translations she wants to pick up that be great...if we do it with 100 backgrounds then we make sure we put atleast 2 verses or 3 verses per each back ground...but one thing we should be careful that we don't post gurbani out of context.

let me sort the backgrounds and put it in the folder.. i ll send them to both you amardeep singh and simran.. so you guys can have a look and see if you guys like it.

cool, I'll have a look and see what gurbani lines/verses i can match with the backgrounds...like what i done with the stuff I already made. I usually picked up one keyword and just picked a background that had an image of it in it.

anyhoo, lets see what we make of it blush.gif

ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy goddddddddddd ohmy.gif

I'm a nature/bio freak and these fotos are gorgeous :)

wowwww (btw, randomly clicked on one and theres a lady in bikini on the beach :doh: hehehehehe)

btw,

so you guys decided yet how you want the text? lareedar or padched? and of course english tranlation goes on in it.

Guest Akaal108
ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy goddddddddddd  ohmy.gif

I'm a nature/bio freak and these fotos are gorgeous :)

wowwww (btw, randomly clicked on one and theres a lady in bikini on the beach  :doh: hehehehehe)

btw,

so you guys decided yet how you want the text? lareedar or padched? and of course english tranlation goes on in it.

99249[/snapback]

heehehe thanks.

Although I like old puratan traditions such as lareedar saroop format of gurbani but i would still think padched will be good idea...reason being this project should be for everyone not just people like me who like lareedar saroop. So just to make it easy for everyone, have standard should be padched format with english translations.

what you think amardeep veer ji and simran?

now next step- font type and text color, if you want b or i or both.

font type should be consistent in all the backgrounds as well as if you want to make bold, italic or both

but text color can be compromised because of different back grounds..whatever text color suits each back ground..

last but not least.. take that bikini lady out from the background..crop her..otherwise we will get loads of shiiiiiitar..lol.. LOL.gif