Iran punsihes killer of Sikh....

Iranian muslims(and others) may show some acceptance and tolerence to mingle with the West, I doubt they can be trusted when it comes to justice! in the true sense.

As for similarities with sikhi , in particular shaheeds, I'M SORRY THERE IS NO COMPARISON AND THEREFORE NO COMPARISON WITH THE SHAHEED IN SIKHI. THERE IS ENDLESS IMMORTALITY.

There is no justice in islam for a non-muslim as history has shown only the bomb or the bullet can deliver justice against such zealots.

98994[/snapback]

I take offense to that. I have tons of muslim friends who treat me as an equal. Heck, some of them sometimes visit this site through my blog and they're always like "oh, your people hate muslims don't they?" and then we laugh it off, but it's still stupid. Don't blame the religion for the people that follow it and warp it. :doh:

There is no justice in islam for a non-muslim as history has shown only the bomb or the bullet can deliver justice against such zealots.

98994[/snapback]

I take offense to that. I have tons of muslim friends who treat me as an equal. Heck, some of them sometimes visit this site through my blog and they're always like "oh, your people hate muslims don't they?" and then we laugh it off, but it's still stupid. Don't blame the religion for the people that follow it and warp it. :doh:

99105[/snapback]

sorry you take offence but maybe if you lived in the UK you would realise why I have these views. You live in the states where theirs relatively few muslims and most of them are well integrated into the society and have open minds whereas here in the UK we have the worst kind of muslims (mostly from pakistan and bangledesh) who have very anti-sikh views and attitude. You might have heard of many incidents of violence commited by muslim youths on Sikhs. If not I suggest you search around on the web.

And I am speaking about ISLAM in general not ALL muslims.......in particular wahabbi and sunni version of Islam which I believe has no place in the modern world. To these people anyone who isnt muslim is deemed equal to an animal and I take offence to that.

You cant confront brain washed Islamic fundamentalists with rational thinking and arguments because they lose and restort to violence every time to get their own way. The only way you can defeat such peoples is to use equal or greater force.

98994[/snapback]

99105[/snapback]

The Sharia is based on the koran and hadiths. So in this case it is actually the teachings of the religion that are are fault and not the followers!!!

I did not post this to create any tension amongst sikhs and muslims. As Sikhs we hold no hatred towards any faith. However, when obvious injustice is being done before our eyes we must speak up. Mehtab Singh, I understand what you are saying, about Sikhs being respected by people in Iran. However, Sikhs are a very emotional people. When someone calls us Sardars and their freinds we are ready to die for them, example: India 1947 to now. We need to look at the laws of these nations. Iran is an Islamic Republic governed by islamic Laws as Bikramjit Singh pointed out, the Sharia. In countries governed by Islamic law, Non-Muslims are not equal citizens with Muslims. Yes, some Muslim nations let non-muslims live in their nations, but their rights are very limited and are not equal to Muslim citizens. Just like in India where a Sikh dies no one is punished, but if a Brahman dies, thousands are killed in riots, the same is true in Muslim nations. As Sikhs we need to ask these questions, because as sikhs we should be fighting for equality throughout the world, not just in Hindustan. Calling us Sardars and good people is good enough to give us apUnjabi "pump" but nations are governed by laws and the laws of these nations are unfair.

There are so many Muslims in the world who can speak up against these things but they do not. The KHalistani movement was crushed in PUnjab because people thought nakli KHarkoos who were really gov't agents were killing innocent people. It is amazing to see that Muslims the world over watch islamic nations discriminate against non-Muslims and not one outcry by the billion or so Muslims of the world. The problem is a very big one. Islamic terrorism is never going to end until Muslims speak up. Muslims in the West want equality and demand it, I think they should do the same in islamic nations as well.

I respect Muslims, but I have yet to see them stick up for Non-Muslims. By stick up I don't mean kind words, I mean legislation, law-reform.

Totally agree with you. Contrary to what Smartsingh's muslim friends say about us here, I have yet to see anyone hating muslims here. Although it is well known that it has become the norm for muslims to counter any legitimate criticism of their acts with emotively charged wirds such as HATE. It is so easy to paint someone as a hater rather than counter their views. The funny thing is that those who complain about Sikhs 'hating' Muslims are infact duty bound to consider them to be second class citizens and to consider them as unclean.