Why Arent We Allowed to listen to music

`KuMi´

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, Am i gunnah get a beating From Azzreel Or Wha!!! :'( , oh well.

Still can listen to Instrumentals?

100164[/snapback]

go for it. The thing wrong with rap, bhangra, rock, whatever the hell you listen to, is the lyrics. Personally, I like to listen to classical every now and again because there's no lyrics, just pianos, violins, tabla solos, all the good stuff. Stick to kirtan, the best of all :TH:

Kumi ji,

When I said devotional music , i meant gurbani, kirtan, or any song tht talk about Waheguru. It may be frm any religion but it should talk abt God like praises of God.

I dont wanna force anybdy but my experience tells me tht if u listen to devotional music (mainly gurbani) only then u progress real fast in spirtual realms.

I left listening to bhngra and other hindi/english songs like a year back. Now I dont feel like listening them at all. Guru Nanak Dev ji made this path musical and I think we should only listen to the musical melodies of Guru nanak whenever we feel like listening music.

Dhan Guru Nanak.

yeh i agree with smartsingh, music is really deep stuff, like i used to live bhangra music, like 24/7, it was on non stop, mainly because i was helping friends out on album and stuff, i was in touch with loads of people in the industry, used to be so passionate about it

now

can't stand it!!!!!!! lol when you like proper listen to the lyrics you're like okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay what the hell are they singing that for?! i mean take for example "teri pij ki kurti laal paseeneh naal kureh" hahhahaha imagine that in english "your red top is soaked in sweat girl" like how ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

makes me like go mad and i have to leave the room if someone is watching video on tv or listening to it, i can't bare it after having been involved with it, all the beind the scenes stuff is enough to drive you crazzzzyyyyyyyy especially when your recording like the same lyrics over and over and over again

am soooooooo glad am out of there, i even gave allll my albums and stuff away,

now it's like Kirtan 24/7! can't bare to listen to nothing else, thing with Kirtan is its like a drug, you just want more and more!

lol you don't become like the rappers if you listen to them.

Anyways, check out these artists :

Nas

Talib Kweli

Mos Def

Common

Kanye West --> Jesus Walks is more inspirational than any punjabi song ever created.

Foreign Exchange

Zion I

Ali Shaheed Muhammond

I listen to loads of rap, and most of it, has made me become a better Sikh.

Some of their struggles I can relate to, helps...alot of it is inspirational, and you can use to question your own community with.