SIKHI RAP (audio downloads)

Akaali

Guest Akaal108
Khalsa is not supposed to be listening to such type of music/lyrics...the only way we will fulfill our purpose in life, reach saachkhand is to purify the soul. This is only achieved via Naam and Gurbanee...all else is fake and false...we are only falling off GurSikhi path by absorbing ourselves in such lyrics/rap or should i say crrrap. We can justify listening to it all we want but in the end that is considered only as a manmat action and only we will have to bear the consequences.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

I hope the sangat changes their ways of falling for such rap etc and becomes fully in love with Guru ji, Gurubanee ONLY.

ok whateva ..have you even heard these lyrics??? i assume not..then how come that stuff is bad???... i smell <Edited> singhani here :e: :umm: @ :umm: @

Moderator note : Please respect other people's views

and don't categorise singh singhniyas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate rap.. cauz of personal reason.. But one thing is that rap shouldn't be linked with sikhi.. cauz. it's very informal and disrespect and its umm uncivilized stuff.. (my thinking).. IT doesn't matter on lyrics.. it's the tune and way one say it matters no matter what the message is behind it....

just my con views.. Bhul chak kee maaf

HAHAAH..YOU LOT MAKE ME LAUGH, YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD THE TUNES, OR LISTENED TO THE MEANINGS

JUST SITTING ON YOUR HORSE TALKING ABOUT BANI, AND HOW WE SHOULD NOT DO THIS OR THAT...CLEARLY CANNOT SEE THE BENEFITS OF ALL OUR

"KALA WANNA BE'S YOUNG YOUTH" WILL BE ABLE TO RELATE TO THE TRACKS ON THE SITE

Note: www.undergroundsikhi.com ( NOT FOR NARROW MINDED SIKHS)

lol

dis isnt about being narrow minded or not, its about showing what sikhi rele is, and sikhi isn't rapping n doing all d <hugs for you! awwww> dat ppl in d western world do, we show respect n humbleness, we dnt go round sayin no1 can <hugs for you! awwww> wid us, altho we no it is tru!!! d tracks are egoistic n juss shows hw big u tink of urself n ur religion, dat in itself aint a bad ting, its juss wen we start tellin every1 else about it dat shows off the ego.

N30, underground sikhi.. you people dont even know me. You just want to label me.

about 2 years ago i would have thought hey thats awesome.. but back then i had no love for gurbani.. i loved tupac.. back then i cared about the beats... the only thing people may get from this is a fat beat to dance to. And using crude language in the same song about sikhi just defeats the whole purpose in the first place!!! what are you gonna get out of cussing and using guru sahibs or our sacred terms in the same song? its shameful really. I agree you have a good approach, but why not make it more appropriate, i know you meant well, but try to tone it down.. sikhi isnt about being a gangsta.. and you aint black.

HAHAAH..YOU LOT MAKE ME LAUGH, YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD THE TUNES, OR LISTENED TO THE MEANINGS

JUST SITTING ON YOUR HORSE TALKING ABOUT BANI, AND HOW WE SHOULD NOT DO THIS OR THAT...CLEARLY CANNOT SEE THE BENEFITS OF ALL OUR

"KALA WANNA BE'S YOUNG YOUTH" WILL BE ABLE TO RELATE TO THE TRACKS ON THE SITE

Note: www.undergroundsikhi.com ( NOT FOR NARROW MINDED SIKHS)

See bro.. how rap is effecting you... disrespecting others.. Shouting in cap letters, calling others as narrow minded peoples.. :umm:

Oh well i already gave my views.. but u do have talent so good luck in whatever you do :umm:

i smell <Edited> singhani here

Just to clear the doubt... i think it's the same chardi kala Singhneee bhanjee who created the cool site destinationsa

achkhand.com ... (warrior*princess same id @ akj forum and posted some stuff about making the site and stuff there)

Guest Akaal108

Ok let me give you my view that why i like this site-

First of all i dont like rap, i like soft and hard rock. However i support undergroundsikhi.com. Because-

1. It sent message to punjabi youths of today in their own way...since punjabi youths of today understand rap very well. They will have no problem listening to this rap. For me, its an form of seeva than promoting sikhi rap.. its more like presenting sikhi in a langauge that youths of today understand simple as that. This is only an to get them interested in sikhi thats all. Nobody is replacing gurbani kirtan which is purest form of love and devotion towards guroo with sikhi rap. People on this board take everything negative which they dont like it!!! So be it. Sikhi can be represented in various ways. It doesnt have to be one way or highway.

2. I havent tried talkin to punjabi youths of today nor i ll or force them to convert to sikhi. Sikhi is not for sale that anyone can buy it. Person buys it in return of full dedication towards guroo sahibs and mahapursh. But i would support this idea since its not really forcing the youths but presenting an idea infront of them. Presenting an enrich sikh history infront of them in their language so that they can atleast be aware of sikhi . And lyrics have done very good job.

so all the haters if you go nothing nice to say to the dedication of fellow gursikh malkeet singh (rapper) and his team then dont do nindiya either. I thought thats an basic rule of sikhi that everyone of you should be aware of. When i said "<Edited> singhani". I didnt mean it in the bad way..only if you are takin it bad way. It simply means

<Edited>- a person or group of peop

le who thinks they have only way to represent their culture, relegion and no one else. If you still dont know what <Edited> is then talk to an <Edited> muslim. That should tell you.

I agree with Vicky veerji!!!!

RAP BRINGS ALOT OF HATRED!!

As we can see from undergroundsikhi's post, it comes across as very offensive. Its a good way to get thru to all the ppl who listen to rap, but Sikhi shouldn't be portrayed like this, rather it should be portrayed with love and affection..

There are countless tapes that can be made on the wars, and 1984, but its not gonna get you any closer to your mission, which is Waheguru.

I posted this, so maybe some kids, or youth who listen to rap might be affected.

SIDE NOTE: THERE'S NOTHING BETTER THAN LISTENING TO KIRTAN!!!!! wubb.gif

Bhul chuk maaf! :e:

Guest SikhForLife

veerji..

wat is sikhi?

sikhi is a humanistic religion.. hate.. violence.. digusting swear words.. and evil has no place.. and although the website's intent is good.. thats not how we want to spread our message...