Parkarma

Sony

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

another quick question:

Most people when doing parkarma go to the left of Guru ji and go around... is it a must to do it this way? or is it ok to go to the right of Guru ji aswell, as i have seen this being done and was a little confused....

bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually it's a must

you MUST go from left to right...you also must hop on one foot..and while doing the parkarma...you must do 20 mool mantar da paat...and if you don't finish 20 in one parkarma...you must repeat the parkarma until 20 are finished....

actually it's a must

you MUST go from left to right...you also must hop on one foot..and while doing the parkarma...you must do 20 mool mantar da paat...and if you don't finish 20 in one parkarma...you must repeat the parkarma until 20 are finished....

102763[/snapback]

u suck tongue.gif

me was just asking cus it was the first time i saw it... so why does everyone go the other way ?

just wanted to know why it was done man tongue.gif

most ppl go on the left, from wat i know nihungs are the only ones that go from the right....

everyone has their own reasons..

102766[/snapback]

they do?? that explains why this person was doing it :doh:

but does neone know why they do it this way? like whats the significance of it?

oy, what are you on about? 20 times... yeah right, everyone knows that you have to do it 5 times, and then you have to do it 1 time backwards. and plus, you can't go around hopping around on foot, you have to walk backwards, with a blindfold on, and while juggling three flaming bowling pins. Then you're good.

Singhs always challenged the norms in society, the hindus go towards the left whenever they do there walking around the flame thing...

so Nihungs always do the opposite of what was done in society, so they go to the right...

ppl say theres other reasons to, i dont remmeber them though..

challoo okaya, aslong as ur showing respect to guru ji, its all good

oy, what are you on about? 20 times... yeah right, everyone knows that you have to do it 5 times, and then you have to do it 1 time backwards. and plus, you can't go around hopping around on foot, you have to walk backwards, with a blindfold on, and while juggling three flaming bowling pins. Then you're good.

102779[/snapback]

u just killed the joke man