Slurs 'n' Simran - at 1984 June Rally

Nama Singh

Im sure ur right virji!

With my petit knowledge... Guru Gobind Singh ji was a saint-soldier.

It's first a saint and then a soldier.

And a saint always handles his situation with compassion, weather it be a physical or mental struggle.

"You hurt me, I hate YOU."    That is the durmat - evil

wisdom"

&

" ITs easy to save your followers, bu the true saint will save his

enemies too.  Guru arjun dev ji says 'i have made the whole world int my

friend."  If the Guru ji never hated the Moghuls for torturing him for 5

days and nights, then he wouldnt want His Sikhs to carry hate in their

hearts either."

-says it all.

Something more written by the same GurMukh:

WORK ON THE INSIDE FIRST.  REMEMBER GURU GOBIND SINGH JI SAID BECOME

SANT-SIPAHEE ..SAINT-WARRIOR, MEANS BECOME SAINT FIRST, THEN WARRIOR.

TROUBLE IS EVERYONE RUSHES INTO SIKHI AND WANTS TO BE A WARRIOR.  IF U WANT

THE BEST ADVICE FROM ME  WORK ON BEING SANT FIRST ..MEANS MAKING YOUR HEART

PURE ENOUGH FOR GOD TO COME AND HAVE UNION WITH YOU.  THEN LET GOD MAKE

YOU INTO WARRIOR OR WHATEVER HE WANTS YOU TO DO IN THE WORLD.

and

NOW YOU KNOW WHY BANI SAYS THIS PATH IS SHARPER THAN A SWORD AND FINER

THAN A HAIR, THIS IS THE PATH OF SAINTS.  IF YOU WANT TO BE WITH GOD ,

THEN YOU HAE TO EAT IRON ..MEANS YOU HAVE TO CONQUOR THE MOST DIFFICULT

MONSTER OF THEM ALL..UR OWN MIND, AND ITS ATTITUDES, ITS RESISTANCE TO

CHANGE, ITS NEGATIVITY ETC.

and

GURU GOBIND SINGH JI DIDNT SAY THAT "ONLY

THOSE WHO LOVE GOD ATTAINS HIM" FOR NOTHING.  IT IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH.    BE

A LOVER OF GOD, NOT A NARROW MINDED RELGIOUS HATEFUL PERSON.

and

DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR ENEMIES OR GETTING JUSTICE ETC

..BANI SAYS EVERYONE HAS GOT THEIR OWN FATE.  YOUR JOB IS FINISH YOU

SPIRITUAL JOURNEY, NOT TO FIGHT EVERYONE AROUND YOU.

103470[/snapback]

This is where my confusion reigns.

On the one hand, 'God resides everywhere, in every person'.

Yet it is right to use violence against people when all other means have failed.

It is also stated that 'one does not do anything on one's own, it is all the play of God'. 'As long as he thinks he is the doer, he keeps on visiting the womb of mother. 'As long as he makes foes and friends, his mind to poise would never lend'.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply virji.

Same here. I am waiting for an answer from that person. Will get back to ya in a couple of days. :doh: (i.e. if ur interested.)

But I think our convo is more about violence, then about the rally- so sorry for the off-topic.

-dustofurfeet

Care to point out which of the other 190 odd pictures show something different?

Pick any three of your choice.

GurFateh

GurFateh

103478[/snapback]

Well i dont think the others were put up. Im sure there are more depicting the stupidity of many. And whats funny is the bandana things some have around their faces to hide their identity. I mean... this is probably a controversial view, but my personal belief is if u have something to say and have a statement to make, DONT show your afraid or scared. Show that here i am... if u got a problem with me, come and get me. Put up or shut up. Simple as. There were hooligans in that crowd. Whilst taking fotos, one of the EktaOne.com photographers were threatened "if u put my foto up online, im gonna knock ya out". Tell me... is that justified? Is that the actions of a GurSikh?

The question was

Here's 3 (at random) ...

http://www.ektaone.com/PHOTOS/2005/hydepar..._120605_055.htm

http://www.ektaone.com/PHOTOS/2005/hydepar..._120605_079.htm

http://www.ektaone.com/PHOTOS/2005/hydepar..._120605_434.htm

There were many thousands of Sikhs present on Sunday; not all of them were indulging in flag burning.

So please do come along to the Oct rally and march; and do take part in any sit down and reciting of Paath. Inform others and ask them all to join in - pass the word around - that there will be recitation and get everyone to join in and you can project the image that you want to.

This thread is proof of how the panth is going down the pan.

We have a topic title slurs 'n' simran- which is obviously going to mean some people that weren't there will post on here getting hysterical but did anyone say slurs 'n' simran on the same line or breath? errm no.

Instead of getting hysterical pushing buttons on your computer afterwards- how about actually speaking to those you disagree with?

Unlike those getting hysterical i actually DID speak to those going a bit far with the naarae and they minimised the swears where i was and stuck to the who's the biggest terrorist in the world- GOI and raj karega khalsa naarae

One old lady told off a young boy for masking himself saying what you scared of- i'm not?!

Seems to me the old lady stood up for what she believed in unlike other button-pushers rolleyes.gif

We were all supposedly there to let our views be known- Some were burning flags others were doing simran.

All the thousands of people were there for one reason and made their views known

the rally was a success- be happy and whatever you're not happy about do something about it next time to improve it- as others have said- put up or shut up.

Wahegurooooo

yeh i agree with u SikhLionz.

I can see how the title can be misinterpreted. Its hindsight.

Not saying the rally wasnt a success. Not saying that at all. I urge everyone to go to these rallys n that n take part and do something about the injustice that we, as a Khalsa nation, have suffered in the hands of the murderous regimes the Indian Government have depicted upon us.

I dont see nothing wrong with this post. This forum gives positive and negative criticism. Yes sometimes there are negative threads which are started just to get back at someone or jathas or organisations but this thread is clean of that. Its CONSTRUCTIVE in the sense HOPEFULLY it will raise awareness to the following issues in particular for the next rallys:

1. DONT USE SWEAR LINGO

2. WHEN PAATH IS GOING ON, JOIN IN - DONT START SPITTING ETC.

3. AS WELL JAKARAS AND NAARAE, DO NAAM SIMRAN.

4. OBTAIN LITERATURE AND HAND IT OUT - THIS IS CRUTIAL TOO.

and in terms of burning the Indian flag... well, i think yes, theeka do it but spitting... stamping... swearing and chanting slogans... u gotta ask ureself... "wud i do this infront of my Guru Jee?" and if the answers "no" then keep in mind that Guru Jee is omnipresent. Guru Jee is everywhere. And if your answer is "yes" then you have lost the plot.

my two cents.

:doh:

I agree paji- i was only saying if we see someone doing something wrong then let's say it to them and try and improve the rally. You are right such activities aforementioned in this topic were in no way representative of the Rally and done by a tiny minority. As a whole the Rally went extremely well and let's hope it goes from strength to strength. Let's all come together for this just cause and unite for the protection of the human rights of our brothers and sisters and try to get as much positive press as possible.

Newsflash: Sikhs break out in agreement.

In a completely unexpected development, Sikhs today showed that they can and will work together to highlight and rectify the many injustices suffered by the Sikh Panth over many years.

In a side development, the media arm of the GOI ran it's self into the ground by chasing it's tail in a bewildering display of total and utter confusion.

Update: Apparently there never was a disagreement and everyone is now campaigning hard for the next show of support. The GOI today announced that it was vanishing in a puff of smoke. *puff*

pray.gif

See you all soon - make your leaflets, banners and work out them naree now!

GurFateh