pari_singh

should we tie beard?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. should we tie beard?

• yes
    • no

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

According to the reight maryada, sikhs MUST have a flowing beard, and of course, be amrithar. Your beard should be flowing. I do not think we should question the orders of our satguru. Anyway, none of the gurus tied their dharis, and no sant or bhagat i have read about tied their dharis. Anyway, I think tieing your dhari makes you like like a villan, weak, OLD, and a giddar. I think thats how tieing a dhari makes you look. On the other hand, I think someone who has flowing dhari looks better. But it really does not matter what it looks like. What matter is tan tan sat guru sahib je said no tied dhari, open, flowing dhari. Lets obey sat guru je's order. I mean, how lucky are we for getting to know sat guru jes order?!! We are indeed very lucky that he has bestowed a path before us to follow, and which we should not take for granted.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

The only thing i am aware of is that Guru ji said that a sikh must not cut his/ her hair. Could you provide any quotes or statements made by Guru sahib ji that we should not tie our beard.

One could say that we shouldn't drive cars because in Guru ji's time they used horses. I personally want

to follow the teachings of the guru ji's and become a Sikh than follow wat other people say.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Amardeep singh je, If you wish to see where it says not to tie your beard, please read the reight maryada. I think their is also something about this in dasam granth, but i am not sure. But the reight maryada does say to keep flowing beards. Please get a copy of the reight maryada from some singhs. Read it, and you will see it does say in there. By the way, I really do not want to get into an argument about the original maryada with anyone. I think both taksalis and akj's wear their dhari kole ( flowing). I suggest the taksali maryada, which will say about the flowing dhari. I think akjs say to keeep your dhari open, but not sure. I know taksal does, and has been saying it since guru gobind singh je time.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, waheguru je ke fateh!

Guest learner singh

Khalistani ji,

Even though I don't think it matters if you tie your dhari or not unless you are Amritdhari sikh because rehat is for Amritdhari sikhs. I support flowing beard but I won't say its bujjar kurhait to do it.

Also, please don't add the same old Guru ji didn't tie their dhari because if you are trying to show that whoever has taken Amrit is following the life style the same way guru ji did then this is the biggest ignorance we can have within our mind. Gurus lived great Gursikhi life including sikhs of their times but these days its hard to find even one. Main thing I liked about them that they had killed 5 vices which not even Amritdhari sikhs are able to kill these days. You can see anger and hate Amritdhari Singhs carry on this forum for others and in that case lets not compare present sikhs with gurus. Guru ji never wore trousers as well, so who is ready to do it.......

"Banda Sohi jou waqt vichare"

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhia sahib je, you said that tieing a dhari is not a bujjar kurhait, I agree. I never said it was a bujjar kurhait. All I have to say is read the reight maryada, and it will say that we are not supposed to tie dhari. I do not think there is any other side to that. You either obey the reight maryada or you do not. It says in there that you do not tie your dhari. May Akal purkh have kirpa on all of us , for only with Wahegurus blessing, shall we gain mukti and become true sikhs of sat guru je. Forgive me if I stated anything incorrect.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguru je ka khalsa, Waheguru je ke fateh!

Khalistani ji,

Even though I don't think it matters if you tie your dhari or not unless you are Amritdhari sikh because rehat is for Amritdhari sikhs. I support flowing beard but I won't say its bujjar kurhait to do it.

Also, please don't add the same old Guru ji didn't tie their dhari because if you are trying to show that whoever has taken Amrit is following the life style the same way guru ji did then this is the biggest ignorance we can have within our mind. Gurus lived great Gursikhi life including sikhs of their times but these days its hard to find even one. Main thing I liked about them that they had killed 5 vices which not even Amritdhari sikhs are able to kill these days. You can see anger and hate Amritdhari Singhs carry on this forum for others and in that case lets not compare present sikhs with gurus. Guru ji never wore trousers as well, so who is ready to do it.......

hmm and there are those that only come on forums because they get some kind of pleasure out of playing on weaknesses of amritdhari sikhs.. they think its funny when someone gets mad at them or if they make things up about sikhi and people beleive them or they paste long articles to confuse young sikhs..

Guest learner singh
Khalistani ji,

Even though I don't think it matters if you tie your dhari or not unless you are Amritdhari sikh because rehat is for Amritdhari sikhs.  I support flowing beard but I won't say its bujjar kurhait to do it.

Also, please don't add the same old Guru ji didn't tie their dhari because if you are trying to show that whoever has taken Amrit is following the life style the same way guru ji did then this is the biggest ignorance we can have within our mind.  Gurus lived great Gursikhi life including sikhs of their times but these days its hard to find even one.  Main thing I liked about them that they had killed 5 vices which not even Amritdhari sikhs are able to kill these days.  You can see anger and hate Amritdhari Singhs carry on this forum for others and in that case lets not compare present sikhs with gurus.  Guru ji never wore trousers as well, so who is ready to do it.......

hmm and there are those that only come on forums because they get some kind of pleasure out of playing on weaknesses of amr

itdhari sikhs.. they think its funny when someone gets mad at them or if they make things up about sikhi and people beleive them or they paste long articles to confuse young sikhs..

Sardar Mkhalsa female horse waliou,

why are you getting personal.. Use PM so I can see your cussing power... I don't want to do nindiya :e: